Another disappointing month for PS3

Jay

inFAMOUS: First Light is a lot shorter than Second Son, inFAMOUS or inFAMOUS 2. Honestly it's more like a big expansion pack that was forcibly packaged to be sold as a smaller game. It's basically a mini-prequel that went into the backstory of Fetch, as the game presumes you played Second Son first. I do recommend you check out inFAMOUS 2, that game is fleshed out, has a good story and improves a lot over the first game. You should probably play the first game too, if you haven't already, it'll help you get a general feel for the series, provided you can put up with the older graphics. I still really like the game, and I felt it was one of the best PS3 games alongside its superior sequel. Oh but you can totally skip Festival of Blood. The game is even shorter than First Light and has less variety and really does feel like some DLC sold as its own game.

To be perfectly honest I probably won't try it. I'm fine with graphics and "downgrades", just cant be bothered to put up with my PS3 anymore. It's in my brother's room, because it's so slow and jittery.

I'm not going to complain about getting FREE GAMES!!! So what if they're not AAA titles like they used to give away. The fact that Sony's still giving games away for FREE for PS3 users is still awesome considering they migrated to the PS4 now. Not only that, they still discount a TON of games on the PSN for the PS3. I remember picking up Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires for $15 (I think) while for years the game was still $50! The discount's alone make it worth having on the PS3 still. People should've saw this coming from a mile away. Truth be told, I still have to play PS+ games I got from 2010!!! I'm not complaining, I'm happy about it!!

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 3

It isn't just PS3 imo. If my backlog wasn't tied to my PS+ subscription I'd cancel it.  Yay, give me the game, but it's not complete without the DLC that never goes on sale.  Thanks.

Priority is going to be finishing my "free" games by the end of 2016.  Not going to renew.  Meh.  

I have not always been a critic.  2014 and 2015 brought many games I liked or wanted to try.  4 months into this year and I have not played ONE game they offered, nor do I intend to.  /Boo

• Like 1

For the discounts you get toward games you actually wanted and even though they are indies, people still buy those indies to play fyi. Yes plus is worth it. Is it the best deal ever now? Probably not as before. Why do we think for less than 0.14 a day we will get amazement out of this service?...

Rocket League, Guacamelee!, Valiant Hearts, InFAMOUS: First Light, Never Alone, Transistor, CounterSpy, MGS5: GZ, Kings Quest and Flame Over.

They all beat pretty much anything I've ever gotten from the PS3 / Vita selection.. with the exception of maybe Gravity Rush would get in between that mix.

Kings Quest was one fifth of a game. And MGSGZ was like an hour game.

Kings Quest was one fifth of a game. And MGSGZ was like an hour game.

That 1/5th of Kings Quest was still more enjoyable than most recent AAA titles.. and the main mission is an hour for the first time sure. Play the other missions and the hard modes adds to the play time.

• Like 1

I'm not going to complain about getting FREE GAMES!!! So what if they're not AAA titles like they used to give away. The fact that Sony's still giving games away for FREE for PS3 users is still awesome considering they migrated to the PS4 now. Not only that, they still discount a TON of games on the PSN for the PS3. I remember picking up Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires for $15 (I think) while for years the game was still $50! The discount's alone make it worth having on the PS3 still. People should've saw this coming from a mile away. Truth be told, I still have to play PS+ games I got from 2010!!! I'm not complaining, I'm happy about it!!

This! Perfect post explaination where most people who complain about PS plus is still aren't thankful where I glad that Sony gives discounts and free games for ps3 since I only have that console to play for. Might actually play something new if it caughts my eye like I am Alive.

• Like 2

I am very disappointed with the lineup. I have been for a long time now. I can't recall the last time I actually ended up downloading a PS+ game. I think the last one was Infamous First Light, but that's been a while. I agree that looking a gift horse in the mouth is not necessarily a recommended practice, but if I run a dairy farm that horse isn't going to be useful to me, regardless of how much it cost.

I still do think PS+ is worth it for discounts, however. I do utilize those quite often. I also like the cloud saves and, of course, the online play on PS4. A lot of people are simply comparing it to the PS+ of old, where every month an awesome title landed. It was something to look forward to. Like Christmas. Now it feels like every month is a Christmas where you get nothing but pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa.  

If you don't like what they're adding then don't play them. Simple as that. There's no reason to criticize towards independent releases being added to PS Plus. Honestly, I rather play a well created indie game than some overhyped rushjob. :)

Yeah there is when that's all they release including indie glitched rush jobs.

I think it's just a little wrong for some people to say that Sony should stop supporting PS3. PS3 has done amazingly well over it's lifetime compared to.. oh I don't know... WII U?? :facepalm: Also, the Playstation 2 ran forever before Sony decided to pull the plug and now PS2 games are magically appearing on the PS4 as remakes?! Maybe, when VR (Virtual Reality) is a thing and every single household has one, should they consider saying "Goodbye!" to the beloved PS3. <3

• Like 2

Virtual reality isn't new like some people say it is. It was showcased back in the early 1990s and the US Military has used it for simulations and training for a long time. With their huge overbloated budget they have, most of anything that's the latest and greatest in technology they can have it.

Horror games would be absolutely spooky if done right on a virtual reality console (don't mention Nintendo's failed Virtual Boy). Maybe in a few years from now.

In response to zorba-da-greek, the LAST PS2 game to hold an actual server closed it's doors yesterday.

My list of games has a bunch of PS2 Remasters mostly because I never got around to them at the time they were new. There are a fair number of PS2 games, particularly ones by Rockstar that are for digital download via PSN on the PS4. If people just want to get the blockbuster titles, there's Uncharted 4 and a new IP coming up later this year. Personally for me I'm just going to see what indie titles are available.

Nintendo hasn't been the same since the N64 era. Since the Gamecube came out they have been releasing "new" versions of classic Nintendo games, and done little to add anything new or innovative to their flagship characters. A lot of the Nintendo characters in Super Smash Bros Wii U sound exactly the same as they did in Brawl, and that is over a six-seven year period. That and a bunch of other stuff Nintendo has done over the years and I pretty much left them.

The PS3 has a bit of fight left in it still.

Edited by Ian Lee

Am I the only one who feels like PS3 owners are getting fucked over when it comes to PlayStation Plus? The console has a huge catalog of games yet the best they can offer us is more indies. Is the €60 price of admission really worth it anymore for PS3 only owners? With PS4, I can understand, but not PS3. Why Sony, why u do dis?

For free games, it's been terrible. But the sales offered have at times been good.

Be glad you get anything i pray they pull the cord on ps3 user's.

Trolling. Tsk tsk.

Why would you have ps plus if you only have a ps3? Don't need it to play online

Well if you have any games from the IGC then you need PS+ to be able to play them. I've got a slew of games on my backlog I still want to eventually go back to.

Even without the "free" games I'd pay for it just for that and the online storage.

• Like 3