Are there any games that you could easily platinum if it wasn't for one or two annoying missable trophies?

I don't know about you, but with games on my first playthrough, I won't use any type of guide, not even a collectable guide. So I have a ton of games that I have finished but not completed. 

The games where there's one trophy standing between me and the platinum include:

• Sherlock Holmes: Crime and punishments - A Complex mind (Reach all conclusions in the game
  • Volume - Lore of the Things (Read 100% of the text in the core levels)

I know this are easy to do, but I can't bring myself to complete them, be it lack of time or fatigue with the game.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

• Like 2

What trophy? Everything seemed straightforward and easy to me.

If you go by the Museum part (I think?) You can miss a whole bunch of collectibles, and me being the idiot I am, screwed up and went by. So now to plat it I have replay the entire game, and I don't really want to that.

OMG, I know the feel! Some of them I could easily get the rest of the trophies but went against another playthrough because of these particular trophies:

[*]Assassin's Creed feathers collection bull****

[*]Big Boss Emblem and 5 other playthroughs on MGS4 which requires you to do really specific things

[*]help the merchant lady open her shop on Dragon's Dogma (missed it 3 times!!! Agggh!!!)

[*]Disgaea D2 Weapon Collection (maybe one day?)

FIFA 16.

:gold: The Invincibles - Win all 4 matches in an Online FUT Draft session in FIFA Ultimate Team

Not per se hard,  but it takes a long time to gain 15.000 coins to play FUT draft. Unless you buys coins. Without this trophy, very easy plat.

FIFA 15

:bronze: Extra Effort - Score from the ground

I'ts hard and you have to get very lucky to pull it off. Without this trophy, very easy plat.

Edited by Scar-Vince
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, those ones are the reasons I haven't platinumed most of the assassin's creed games.

- Brotherhood is the only one that requires boosting to plat. Rev can still be done with normal MP play, and it doesn't take too long (Level 20 in Rev is much easier to get to than Level 20 in Bro. I did Rev w/o boosting).

- ALmost all the MP trophies in III and Black Flag can be done playing solo wolfpack.

If you go by the Museum part (I think?) You can miss a whole bunch of collectibles, and me being the idiot I am, screwed up and went by. So now to plat it I have replay the entire game, and I don't really want to that.

There are missable trophies in the game but the replay wouldn't take long to finish up for the plat. Find a reliable online collectible guide and speed run through. You'll get the plat in just a couple hours.

- Brotherhood is the only one that requires boosting to plat. Rev can still be done with normal MP play, and it doesn't take too long (Level 20 in Rev is much easier to get to than Level 20 in Bro. I did Rev w/o boosting).

- ALmost all the MP trophies in III and Black Flag can be done playing solo wolfpack.

There are missable trophies in the game but the replay wouldn't take long to finish up for the plat. Find a reliable online collectible guide and speed run through. You'll get the plat in just a couple hours.

I'll look into it when I feel I have nothing else to play.

I'll look into it when I feel I have nothing else to play.

Oh, I know the feeling. I missed a trophy in Sherlock Holmes, and I had one glitch on me, and it took me two years to get the urge to go back and finish it up. But I grinded it out and it was very satisfying to correct a nagging blip on my profile. So essentially, I am trying to give you encouragement. You can do it!!!

• Like 1

Brotherhood doesn't necessarily require boosting.

It's still possible to play the game normally and level to 50 by using a tip in this thread: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/15946-online-boosting-instructions-and-a-tip/unread/

It allows you to find multiplayer sessions easily

Some of the other trophies might be easier and faster by boosting, but if you're skilled and patient you'll get it eventually.

Borderlands 2- Jimmy Jenkins. Yes, I know how to get him to spawn, the little bastard never does. What makes it worse is the fact that my brother got him 4 times in a row, without really trying. Fuck RNG trophies.

Damon's Souls- I just need to grind for some pure stones. I may actually go back to this after I platinum Bloodborne, because I love Bloodborne. Then again, I could always be lazy and have someone drop the weapons for me, just for the trophies.

Devil May Cry 2's Bloody Palace trophies. It's not really hard, it's just poorly thought out. I highly doubt anyone could say throwing a million jumping wolves and laser spamming flying goats in such a limited space is fun or a real challenge. If it weren't for those or if the U.S. copy had the unlimited Devil Trigger cheat then I could have had it a long time ago.

Modern Warfare 2's Star 69 and the one where you have to down four enemies while down in co-op. I probably could have had them if the guy that was supposed to help me do them years ago wasn't being a jackass. Now I don't really feel like trying to do them again, especially since I have to do Veteran difficulty challenges.

The Witcher 3 collecting those Gwent cards

I know the feel. But at least Gwent is fun.

• Like 1

Devil May Cry 2's Bloody Palace trophies. It's not really hard, it's just poorly thought out. I highly doubt anyone could say throwing a million jumping wolves and laser spamming flying goats in such a limited space is fun or a real challenge. If it weren't for those or if the U.S. copy had the unlimited Devil Trigger cheat then I could have had it a long time ago.

Modern Warfare 2's Star 69 and the one where you have to down four enemies while down in co-op. I probably could have had them if the guy that was supposed to help me do them years ago wasn't being a jackass. Now I don't really feel like trying to do them again, especially since I have to do Veteran difficulty challenges.

I know the feel. But at least Gwent is fun.

That damn bloody palace is the reason I may never get the platinum

inFamous. The trophy for collecting all blast shards is horrible  :(

What started as 2 playthroughs, ended up with 3, because even though I scouted all 3 islands twice, I couldn't find the last shard. Gave up, started a new game, didn't bothered to move to the next island until I was sure I got all the shards where I was. Few hours later, trophy and plat.

As for the AC MP trophies, you can actually clear Revelations and III in less than 2 days if you spam MP all day. A friend lent me his copies of Rev and III, and since you require an online pass, I had to rush through the trial period. Rev took me a bit over a day and AC3 was a single day IIRC. Never bothered to play Brotherhood on PS3, thanks to that insane MP trophy list.

The bane of my existence was Thanatophobia in Rogue Legacy (beat the game without using the architect (save the map layout for your next heir) and without using more than 15 heirs (dying less than 15 times). Finishing the game at your own pace, unlocking stuff and whatnot is quite simple. Trying not to die, while trying to farm enough money and bosses for your next heir to be a bit stronger, THAT was the challenge. It's like trying to NOT unlock "This is Dark Souls" in DS2.

Don't have the plat yet so don't know about the SP, although i know chatterbox is a trophy that you have to look out for all the time.

But tomb raider could be on this list as well, just because of the stupid mp grind, the other mp trophies are very easy and can all be done in 3 hours or so.

But when you have these you have to grind to lvl 60 for 15 hours or more, and then the salvage, very annoying, especially because the only way of getting it now is collecting tons of medic kits on 1 of the maps for this time