Are there any games that you could easily platinum if it wasn't for one or two annoying missable trophies?

Don't have the plat yet so don't know about the SP, although i know chatterbox is a trophy that you have to look out for all the time.

But tomb raider could be on this list as well, just because of the stupid mp grind, the other mp trophies are very easy and can all be done in 3 hours or so.

But when you have these you have to grind to lvl 60 for 15 hours or more, and then the salvage, very annoying, especially because the only way of getting it now is collecting tons of medic kits on 1 of the maps for this time

Play solo on the Beach map and kick back, relax, and listen to some of your favorite tunes. Its boring as hell, but a few hours here, a few hours there and plat will be yours. Also, drop the case for additional XP.

Play solo on the Beach map and kick back, relax, and listen to some of your favorite tunes. Its boring as hell, but a few hours here, a few hours there and plat will be yours. Also, drop the case for additional XP.

I already did this, but was very boring, and therefore really annoying

It's not really missable, but since others have put in trophies that are just massive grinds, Godfather in Vice City.

Whole game is a delight to plat, so easy, so good, everything is right...then you get to the last trophy, get the godfather criminal rating. No fucking thank you.

Call of Duty classic, having to play two more play throughs because difficulty dosen't stack. It has been on the back burner for a long time.

Bioshock. I have done 2 play throughs and both times managed to miss collectibles (even using a guide). I hate once you get to the point of no return you can't go back. Now this was before I was aware of making a extra save before the point of no return.

Maybe one day I'll return to them to try.

Edited by snakebit10

I do the same as you and avoid trophy guides on my first playthrough.

For me, the Defiled Chalice dungeon in Bloodborne is the only thing standing between me and the platinum.  I could probably do it with enough tries, but I really didn't like any of the chalice dungeons and this was beginning to affect my enjoyment of the overall experience.  I would rather leave Bloodborne with great memories and no plat.

Sorry if I misunderstand the topic. I can't see the entire title subject on my phone so I'm guessing by the replies lol.

DA:II: The collect every herb trophy. I done it but missed one; went to the Black Emporium, got one too many, saved, rage quit two trophies off platinum.

The remaining RDR online trophies. You only need to look at my posts in that forum to see that nothing I do make them work.

DA:O: I'm not playing through the whole game to get the rest of my trophies just to find that I finish a second play through and still didn't visit every area.

I might as well throw in FFX-2, Iucytyr Tower as well because it's about as fun as babysitting a pack of drunk five year olds.

Edited by GarryKE

God, yes.

MORTAL KOMBAT X. The trophy for getting 1,000 respect points, it will be the DEATH OF ME. 

and ZOMBI, the trophy for finishing Survival mode. I got all the way to Spitalfields and died, and had to restart ALL the way from the beginning. Only thing stopping me from that sweet Platinum.

I think any game where collectibles are not marked on the map are already a 'miss' when it comes to getting the platinum, at least there are some games where it lets you know how many collectibles there are in that chapter/area, but some developers just leave them there and there is no way for you to track where it is until you grab it, so you definitely need a guide for those... especially in games like Jak II or Jak 3 where the maps are huge and there are a lot of possible locations.

Then there are those (very common now a days...) luck based trophies, i think the DLC trophies for Uncharted 3 to get all MP treasures is probably the worst in that category, if i didn't like the MP in U3 i'd probably never have gotten all treasures and the 100%. Fingers crossed Uncharted 4 won't have that bullshit.

If you go by the Museum part (I think?) You can miss a whole bunch of collectibles, and me being the idiot I am, screwed up and went by. So now to plat it I have replay the entire game, and I don't really want to that.

Everything can be collected before you finish the Judgement House. Once you've done that yeah, it's missable. 

It barely qualifies as a game, to be honest. More of a loose collectathon with the occasional Meet'n'Fuck style guess the answer puzzles (and even THEY punish you more).

Sorry, it was the best comparison I could come (heh) up with. 

Everything can be collected before you finish the Judgement House. Once you've done that yeah, it's missable. 

It barely qualifies as a game, to be honest. More of a loose collectathon with the occasional Meet'n'Fuck style guess the answer puzzles (and even THEY punish you more).

Sorry, it was the best comparison I could come (heh) up with. 

I don't think it the game lets you walk back into the museum like it does other parts of the game once you leave it. I think Ronan stops and says he needs to go to the Judgement House. But I guess by the time I read that in a guide I was already well into my second playthrough screaming "Fuck fuck fuck this again..."

I'm trying to figure out if we are actually meant to be talking about missable trophies though, because most responses seem to be simply cockblockers requiring effort at best. Well, not to be overly nitpicky, but I'm guessing this is a plat blocker thread. Well, here's some of mine:

Star Wars Battlefront: Blast Em All. I don't know if this got patched but I must have had over 20 matches where I was MVP. I know it's supposed to be glitchy and on a player to player basis.

Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn: Seeker of Truth. This is actually easier because there is no scaling on Heavensward equipment, but fuck Twintania, and fuck that one guy in every party in over 50 tries that doesn't know what they are doing. GG to high hell.

Saints Row - Gat Out of Hell: Double Trouble. I honestly thought at least one of my friends would have this. Also weird it wasn't a local co-op game, at least to me.

Dynasty Warriors 8 - Xtreme Legends Complete Edition: Ultimate Rating. Some levels are really nuts in landing A on. The whole time versus KO Count sucks.

Destiny: Flawless Raider. I don't have the skills to solo this one. The final dance of dropping sword and using Raze Lighter on Crota is like that one fighting game trial challenge you did one time and gave your proudest middle finger to.

Super Street Fighter IV: Lots of trophies

I don't think it the game lets you walk back into the museum like it does other parts of the game once you leave it. I think Ronan stops and says he needs to go to the Judgement House. But I guess by the time I read that in a guide I was already well into my second playthrough screaming "Fuck fuck fuck this again..."

I'm trying to figure out if we are actually meant to be talking about missable trophies though, because most responses seem to be simply cockblockers requiring effort at best. Well, not to be overly nitpicky, but I'm guessing this is a plat blocker thread. Well, here's some of mine:

Star Wars Battlefront: Blast Em All. I don't know if this got patched but I must have had over 20 matches where I was MVP. I know it's supposed to be glitchy and on a player to player basis.

Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn: Seeker of Truth. This is actually easier because there is no scaling on Heavensward equipment, but fuck Twintania, and fuck that one guy in every party in over 50 tries that doesn't know what they are doing. GG to high hell.

Saints Row - Gat Out of Hell: Double Trouble. I honestly thought at least one of my friends would have this. Also weird it wasn't a local co-op game, at least to me.

Dynasty Warriors 8 - Xtreme Legends Complete Edition: Ultimate Rating. Some levels are really nuts in landing A on. The whole time versus KO Count sucks.

Destiny: Flawless Raider. I don't have the skills to solo this one. The final dance of dropping sword and using Raze Lighter on Crota is like that one fighting game trial challenge you did one time and gave your proudest middle finger to.

Super Street Fighter IV: Lots of trophies

Nah you can enter the Museum again after you finish it once, at least it let me on the PS3/360 versions (did it twice because it was so easy), so long as you don't finish the Judgement House. I'd recommend just not entering it just in case. 

LH7953b1.jpg

44L54ae1a.png

:bronze:Demoltion Man

This trophy is simply impossible to get. The odds for someone to be in a building at the moment it collapses are just non-existent. I've tried to boost it but always got killed by random players during the process. I've just abandonned.