Modder Unlocking other Player's Trophies. Can I sue them.

Deathon6

About a week ago I joined a public match on BO2 Origins. Little did I know there was a modder among us. 

I did not know I was in with a modder until the "Unlocking All Trophies" message appeared on the left center of the screen. 

I immediately killed the ps3 by hitting the power button on the console to try and prevent trophies from popping but I think only 3 story mode trophies managed to get unlocked.  

Here is a video of this happening. 

The video taken below was taken using the in game's theater mode. This is from the modder's point of view. 

These people are ruining my reputation. Making me look like a cheater. Risking my account to a ban. 

So can I file a lawsuit against these players? 

I know money isn't going to re-lock my trophies but it would hit them hard and hopefully the kid who does it will learn a lesson from it and won't ever do it again. 

Edited by Deathon6
  • Like 1

Just put it down to experience and don't ever join any randoms playing Black Ops 2. Plenty of others have had the same thing happen to them. 

Try making a gaming session and boosting the trophies that way. Don't risk your account for a few trophies.

I would probably NOT do this. More likely Sony will ban you as it is your account with the now hacked trophies.

I doubt Sony will ever track you down, and a couple of hacked trophies is highly unlikely to get anyone else's attention if you don't draw notice to yourself.

IMO

I don't think so. Sony will look into it and check his players met and interactions. They will then find out when the trophies were given out and the time the player was met that matches the time the trophies were unlocked will allow for them to identify them. If it adds up then they will potentially terminate their account.

I am not necessarily a trophy hunter but I don't want them unlocked for me. Same with stuff like GTA money. I once had a modder drop money on me without me asking so I dropped my homing launcher and bought another and kept on doing it til I was back to where I was.

If there is a next time just delete your ps3 account and make another one before you sync the trophies, no more hacked trophies

Even if someone does acuse you of hacking you have that video where you left literally 1 second after the trophies started popping, enough evidence to clear your name

Edited by HardXDXtraga
  • Like 3

I would probably NOT do this. More likely Sony will ban you as it is your account with the now hacked trophies.

I doubt Sony will ever track you down, and a couple of hacked trophies is highly unlikely to get anyone else's attention if you don't draw notice to yourself.

IMO

You would rather a hacker/modder get away with it, than to simply report them? Sony customer service isn't unreasonable, especially having video footage showing there was a hacked lobby.

• Like 1

Truthfully, I don't see the point in suing someone over being a modder, its kind of a normal thing to run across modders in the gaming world now (Hard to say, but its the truth). There's has to be far more important things in your life than this; it has to be.

I immediately killed the ps3 by hitting the power button on the console to try and prevent trophies from popping but I think only 3 story mode trophies managed to get unlocked. 

Protip: set the trophy list to Offline mode, so you can simply erase your profile (you'll lose all locally stored saves, avatars, themes and game activations) instead of torturing your system like this.

Also, suing a random guy like that? You gotta be kidding?