[Poll] Who develops the better CoD games?

SkyesUnholy

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who develops the better games in the series?

• Infinity Ward
    • Treyarch
    • Sledgehammer

So I've been playing a lot of Black Ops 3 lately and with the news of Infinity Ward's new installment releasing later this year along with a remaster of the first MW game, it got me thinking about the series as a whole and the quality of past installments.

I'm pretty skeptical about Infinite Warfare being a worthy successor to the series considering how Ghosts fared and my biasness towards my enjoyment of BO3 but then again Infinity Ward's last entry will be 3 years apart from this new entry so they've had plenty of time to experiment but that's for another discussion altogether.

To get to the point; who develops the better games of the series? (obviously in your own opinion). Infinity Ward, Treyarch, or even Sledgehammer with their first entry of Advanced Warfare?

Everyone's opinions will be largely focused on either IW or Treyarch so I just want to make a few comments on Sledgehammer. Advanced Warfare wasn't an amazing game imo but it was really decent (yes that's a thing) being their first game in the series. The fact that they also got Kevin Spacey and Troy Baker on board was huge too. And they made the first true attempt at innovation in the series with the whole exo-skeleton/jetpack thingies, whether people like it or not is a whole different story.

For convenience's sake, here's a list of every main CoD installment by each dev in their release order;

Call of Duty (2003) - Infinity Ward

Call of Duty 2 (2005) - Infinity Ward

Call of Duty 3 (2006) - Treyarch

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) - Infinity Ward

Call of Duty: World at War (2008) - Treyarch

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) - Infinity Ward

Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) - Treyarch

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) - Infinity Ward

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012) - Treyarch

Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013) - Infinity Ward

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014) - Sledgehammer

Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015) - Treyarch

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (2016) - Infinity Ward (yet to be released)

Call of Duty: ??? (2017) - Sledgehammer (yet to be announced)

One last thing - if you don't like/care about the series as a whole, don't give people shit about liking it.

Edited by SkyesUnholy

Infinity Ward. Simply because I had the most fun playing their games, I feel like they're capable of creating a multiplayer that has legs and by that, I mean addicting, whereas with Treyarch I've only like World at War and Black Ops because of Zombies and how simple it was.

I will say Treyarch. In all honesty i didn't play that much of multiplayer in COD but seeing single player campaigns as a whole, i think Treyarch did a good job until Black Ops III (for me, the campaign felt like a "Crysis" game more tan a COD).

Edited by Vampirehunter145

Alright I think this is a little hard to answer, atleast for me. Yet when you get down to it there are three aspects to any Call of Duty title nowadays. Them being Single-Player Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. When you get into what company has made the best campaigns for Call of Duty if have to go with Infinty Ward. This is because like many others Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 are the best campaigns of the series as a whole. I'd have to say the same for Multiplayer as well. MW2 was in my opinion the best multiplayer out of any CoD. Although I have to give Treyarch the win for zombies. World at War started it and Black Ops (1) made zombies a regular thing for all CoD titles. On another note I am very excited IW are remaking the original MW for PS4. My hope now is that you'll be able to buy it standalone instead of having to buy them both.

IW

CoD 1 - Good for the time

CoD 2 - Decent for a launch title

MW 1 - Sweet

MW 2 - Sweet

MW 3 - Sweet

Ghosts - Sweet MP, decent SP

Treyarch

CoD 3 - Not as bad as everyone says, but also not memorable at all. It had vehicles doe

WaW - Decent

Blops - Sweet

Blops 2 - Good

Blops 3 - Still haven't bothered to finish the story because it's that boring, MP is pretty sweet though

And then there's Advanced Warfare which had a decent story mode, and I never touched the MP because I'm sick of the mech suits already.

So far they're both on a pretty level playing field, with Infinity Tard taking the lead. Hopefully Infinite is more Modern Warfare than any more of this future bullshit from the other 2 devs, which sounds doubtful.