An option to give a game a rating

It could be like an added tab I guess .. You have Guides, Games, Gaming Sessions, etc... & Reviews.

In which the users of the site can post their own reviews and game play videos (Or links for youtube) and show the game in their own words.

Good Idea actually!

• Like 1

Been suggested roughly a billion times by now. It's been decided against because rating games is not really what this site's about. Same with reviews.

I see, I agree with topic thou. It would be nice to see your own score of this game, users score and maybe staff score too like its shown on IGN.

• Like 1

I think it would be good to apply the same kind of "Unofficial" scores that people are using on the Trophy Checklists

Fun X/10

Difficulty X/10

Short Review

Any kind of scoring is redundant unless people give a short review of why. A score of 1/10 followed by "Cuz its shit" can be ignored when you're browsing through.

Terrible idea. Even if everybody did vote objectively its all opinions anyway. Whose to say my 10 is the same as your 10? Follow trophy checklist threads. See someone who plays a lot of games you do and ask them about them. They generally have scores and the better ones even have reviews.

• Like 1

Terrible idea. Even if everybody did vote objectively its all opinions anyway. Whose to say my 10 is the same as your 10? Follow trophy checklist threads. See someone who plays a lot of games you do and ask them about them. They generally have scores and the better ones even have reviews.

Yeah, this is kinda why I said reviews that people can comment on and no scoring with a number or anything. This way you weed out all the unserious stuff, and you get far better information about the game. I'd love to see what I just said though, it would be more of a review from a trophy hunter perspective.

The only way this would be objectively helpful is if instead of scores, users could give a like, neutral or dislike rating to a game. Then an algorithm could compare your "likes" and "dislikes" to another persons and give you suggestions based on peoples tastes similar to yours. Having "scores" is so subjective they're pointless when considering the whole of a game.

However, the decision would need to be made about how much of a game must a user complete before giving a rating. Someone could give up on Heavy Rain at Press X to Shaun and rate it a dislike, but if they had finished the game and gotten all endings, they may have liked it. Should the user be required to obtain the platinum or maybe just the story related trophies for appropriate games? Or make it a free for all, let people rate any and every game they want. Someone could go and give every Naughty Dog game dislikes out of spite, which would appeal to others who did the same, but certainly wouldn't be helpful to others looking for genuine recommendations.

The value of such a system relies on the users being genuine and actually using it as intended. This would be hard to impossible to moderate and would introduce a ton of complications.

If this feature is ever implemented.

1) I'd never use it, because I believe in trying a game out for yourself, not listening to another's opinion.

2) You'd have to do it on games that the person has on their profile, otherwise you're gonna get random hate from people who haven't played a game and dislike it for one reason or another.

If this feature is ever implemented.

1) I'd never use it, because I believe in trying a game out for yourself, not listening to another's opinion.

2) You'd have to do it on games that the person has on their profile, otherwise you're gonna get random hate from people who haven't played a game and dislike it for one reason or another.

Yeah, I wouldn't use such a score either, and neither what you suggest. The only thing I see useful would be written reviews, no score, and comment section under the reviews. This is so the reviews are actually useful in extracting information from them. It wouldn't matter what their opinion on the game is etc.

• 5 months later...

that remind me some of the uncharted fanboy(s) trolling with reviewer :

http://kotaku.com/reviewer-targeted-for-giving-uncharted-4-negative-revie-1776854933

Pretty much why I agree with this:

I'd prefer if people could write reviews, and if we could comment on 'em, and no score whatsoever.

Grades are not really worth a lot and a good article is a lot more helpful. One of the reviewers I often look at is Zero Punctuation and while he usually accentuates the negative and never gives scores, his videos always give me a pretty good feeling about how I would look at a game, and it has even happened that I bought a game based on what I heard from his review (or, I mean, his review was the tipping point where I decided "yeah, I'll buy it") even though he wasn't that positive about the game.