Horizon Zero Dawn: New Trailer, New Release Date

We’ve been quiet in recent months, but rest assured that development on Horizon Zero Dawn is still going full steam ahead! In fact, I’m excited to be able to break the silence today with an all-new trailer focusing on our lead character Aloy. We’re exploring the mysteries of her origin, her journey as an outcast and the events that set her on a dangerous quest:

As you can see in the trailer, we’ve decided to push the release date for Horizon Zero Dawn to February 28, 2017. It wasn’t an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it. However, we also want to ensure that Horizon Zero Dawn lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality that our games are known for. The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon Zero Dawn.

We realize that this decision may not please everyone. At the same time, we’re confident that the advantages of the additional development time afforded by the new date will become clear in the coming months, as we start to share more cool details and videos from Horizon Zero Dawn. We really, really appreciate your patience and continued support, and look forward to bringing you the best game we possibly can in February 2017.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/horizon-zero-dawn-new-trailer-new-release-date/

Looks very promising!

I don't mind that they delayed it. If they can make it all the better, I say go for it. Let them take their time with it. I have plenty of games to keep me busy in the mean time so there is no rush for me to play this.

Aloy looks like a very interesting character and a strong one at that. Definitely my kind of lead character in a game. She looks like someone many women can look up to.

I'm excited for this game and will wait patiently until it comes out!

Aw that's a shame, this is easily my most anticipated game so I was really looking forward to playing it this year. But oh well, Feb of 2017 isn't too long to wait 

horizon-zero-dawn-pre-order-bonuses-coll

Also I love the look of this statue. This may be one of the rare cases where I buy a collector's edition... 

• Like 2

I'm glad they delayed this game, because I want this game to be the best it can be. Guerilla makes amazing games, and the love and work they put into their games is clear. Still a Day 1 buy for me.

Delayed and their goes 1 purchase from me.

You're completely basing your purchase on a delay, and not the quality of the product? Wow.

• Like 1

With the glimpses about Aloy's personality on this trailer, I absolutely love the idea that they went out of their way to include a strong female character as a lead instead of the usual dude :) It's the first time they do it afaik and it's definitely a nice aspect for an interesting game.

I look forward to it :yay:

Guerilla makes amazing games, and the love and work they put into their games is clear. Still a Day 1 buy for me.

Couldn't have said it better. Killzone 2/3 have been the best Ps3 shooters I've played so far, and Mercenary was a solid game through and through (except for the online problems). Killzone 3 even makes it to my personal top five from all time, and that's coming from someone who is a sucker for FPS :P

• Like 2

Glad they're taking their time with the game instead of releasing it to have a  patch of like 10GB to fix everything.

Aw that's a shame, this is easily my most anticipated game so I was really looking forward to playing it this year. But oh well, Feb of 2017 isn't too long to wait 

Also I love the look of this statue. This may be one of the rare cases where I buy a collector's edition... 

I hope the art book is actually that thick. I'll probably end up buying the CE honestly; looks great.

• Like 1

Love the look of this game, with the mechs, ruins, and nature all together. Aloy seems like an interesting character (plus that voice is so familiar, who is it?). Not sure when it was supposed to be out but yeah I'd rather wait and hope for a better overall game. 

I'm falled in love <3

Day 1 for me , collector of course. EU version will be released in march, right?