Thoughts On The Game?

IJJosh

Post thoughts on the game here.

My thoughts:

Its a letdown. Actually, a week from this games release, I had a suspicion that this game wouldn't be as good as the hype and since then my expectations for the game were low and the game met it.

If you don't like games where you just explore, DO NOT pick this game up as all you do is explore and gather resources while the action is kept minimal.

Should you buy it? NO. Wait till a price drop 

• Like 2

I grew up as a Teen playing Spore, and the space stage was my FAVORITE! I loved!!! the exploration. Whenever an enemy came along I was always like Piss off, I'm trying to explore!

Oh, the joy of flying back to the other end of the galaxy, because the Grox attacked and overrunning your distant colonies... again.  :rolleyes:

The space stage was favorite of mine as well, but mainly because I was glad to escape the confines of the minigame planet and finally do something that I want. Never got to the center of the galaxy though. Waaait a minute...

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 3

Hopefully the game is enjoyable for the fans who like this genre, personally I don't think it's for me so I never got on the hype train. Although there is a good chance I'll get it eventually though when the developers have added more features in.

Oh, the joy of flying back to the other end of the galaxy, because the Grox attacked and overrunning your distant colonies... again.  :rolleyes:

The space stage was favorite of mine as well, but mainly because I was glad to escape the confines of the minigame planet and finally do something that I want. Never got to the center of the galaxy though. Waaait a minute...

Now ya'll are making me want to break out my copy of Spore and give it another go around. Never progressed very far in the game but now I just may give it a second try.

Not sure how it is a letdown when a majority of the game is built around exploration and mining. It's what the developers stated it was. It's what the videos showed it to be. If you are disappointed then that's probably because you were expecting something that wasn't there to begin with. If those are your reasons behind why this game is a letdown then I encourage you to pay more attention to the information from the developers themselves, not the media or people pretending to be media. Could save you a lot of money and time in the future.

I'm not saying its a bad game, just a letdown and bit of a borefest. 

No way to play with friends (exploring the solar system on your own sounds fun and exciting right?)

Gameplay becomes stale and repetitive very quickly

Each planet feels the same just with a different color palette

Definitely not worth full price. Just seems like the developers went for quantity over quality 

I'm still on the fence about this game. I don't require action, but I do require a sense of purpose, a driving force towards an end. Is there something like that? Is there any point to getting to the center of the universe aside from being able to say you got to the center of the universe?

• Like 2