Why ps3 version is way better then ps4 version ?

The PS3 version for me is super buggy. I don't know if it's only me but my car vanishes on occasion and I get stuck in the oddest places. It's one of the reasons I haven't gone back to the this version of the game.

• Like 3

Why they dont do the same for ps4 ? Because in my opinion is much better the ps3 version, graphics and UI too.

I don't see any graphics that are better in PS3 version than PS4 version, but how can it be better than PS4!?

Edited by NEVEC1213

I am afraid, I disagree because:

• The version on PS3 is loaded with bugs. I had to quit playing the game after it bugged out at the airstrip CJ had to buy and I had to complete certain flight challenges.
  • I should I have read a guide before that and so bad was my luck that this game gave me issues on 22rd January but the last save uploaded to cloud was on 22nd December (yes, my PS Plus auto update was being buggy too around the same time), that was like a month worth of progress all gone, and
  •  despite they being aware of the issue, Rockstar never released a patch for it either and that pissed me to extreme and haven't touched the game again.

I haven't heard of any such issues on the PS4 version.

Edit: This was port from the mobile version and I heard it had the same issues, especially, game freezing in the airstrip flight challenges, where you had to quit after completing a challenge and reload the screen again to ensure it doesn't crash.

Edited by dev2610
  • Like 2

Only thing I can think of right now is 10 songs got removed because of license issues but I am pretty sure there were a couple other things too.

Same on PS4 man. Example, when Ozzy is meant to come on on Radio X, it just goes quiet for a second and loads into the next song. Only this time, you can view the game's manual, scroll to the song lists, and see the song fucking written in there, despite being taken out of the game. Fair few others I can't think of right now that have been taken out too. Same goes for VC PS4 unfortunately. 

I just started yesterday and i think its fine. My friend have it too (and already finished 2 months ago, and he have 0 problems with the game). I know it have bugs sometimes (if the original version, this have too, and we know, its GTA :D )but i  already saw on ps4 gameplay too, and it have bugs too... I think this version is better (only dont understand why not 60 fps, but its ok), with better view and ui, checkpoints and other things... 
Check this video - 

I think the remaster on PS3 is way better than the emulated version of PS4, and the fans will prefer that (its just my opinion).
Sorry for bad english :D
  • Like 1

Really dont get it :/

That's because the PS3 version is just a port of the mobile remaster that was also released on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 didn't got it until a year later.

Just a week after the PS3 port was released Sony started doing PS2 emulation on PS4 with trophy support and 1080p: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

PS2 thread wishlist: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

That's why they have released the PS2 GTA Trilogy with trophy support for the PS4, meanwhile the PS3 only got the San Andreas remaster but 3 and Vice City are only available as PS2 Classics without trophy support there.

So even if there's a better version of an old game Sony will still take the PS2 version if there's one available to add trophy support and 1080p resolution to it (among other features) and re-release it on the PS4, so don't expect to see the PS3 remaster now.

Also like other people said the PS3/mobile remaster actually had a bad reception among critics and fans giving its bugs and glitches from what I've read, which are mostly absent on the PS4 version giving that the later is just an emulation of the original PS2 version.

Edited by Finozzi1696

actually i don't think anybody really wants the ps3 mobile port giving its bad reputation, search "san andreas" on this site and you'll notice how there are 19.963 owners of the ps4 version while there's only 5.577 owners of the ps3 (poor) remaster.

also go to the ps store and you'll notice how there are 11.365 ratings for the ps4 version and only 552 ratings for the ps3 version (you can only rate a game after you've purchased it, also this ratings are from the european store)

Really dont get it :/

PS3 version was mostly fine until I got to the Desert and one mission was bugged so bad that it automatically gave me a mission failed when I reached the goal. Don't remember how I solved it but might just be blind luck.

Also I had to play without the radio because for some reason it always reset the song that was currently playing when I came out of a vehicle.

At the end of the game a Reggae station was apparently my most listened radio station.

You're also in Europe. The PS2 version of GTA:SA was coded to work at 50FPS in Europe, to work with 50hz CRT TV screens which were the standard here. So the PS4 version of the game still uses the 50FPS Euro version of the PS2 game, which can introduce frame skipping as the PS4 is trying to present a game coded to work t 50FPS in 60FPS. 

Same on PS4 man. Example, when Ozzy is meant to come on on Radio X, it just goes quiet for a second and loads into the next song. Only this time, you can view the game's manual, scroll to the song lists, and see the song fucking written in there, despite being taken out of the game. Fair few others I can't think of right now that have been taken out too. Same goes for VC PS4 unfortunately. 

That's interesting to me. It has long been assumed that the PS2 to PS4 games have content which is not touched in the least. This belies that assumption.

You're also in Europe. The PS2 version of GTA:SA was coded to work at 50FPS in Europe, to work with 50hz CRT TV screens which were the standard here. So the PS4 version of the game still uses the 50FPS Euro version of the PS2 game, which can introduce frame skipping as the PS4 is trying to present a game coded to work t 50FPS in 60FPS. 

It was fixed in the latest update for all 3 GTA  games. Also, PAL  version of GTA: SA worked in 25 fps, not 50, while NTSC in 30 fps.

• Like 1

That's interesting to me. It has long been assumed that the PS2 to PS4 games have content which is not touched in the least. This belies that assumption.

Pretty much nearly all of this PS2 games on PS4 doesn't have anything changed or touched in them since they are just emulations, meaning they just took the normal PS2 game, added trophy support, scaled the resolution to 1080p and added some other PS4 features and that's it.

Although since there were licensing issues with some songs Rockstar had to remove them for this re-releases, it was either that or not releasing the games at all, and Sony obviously wanted them to bring their GTA Trilogy since they knew many people would buy them.

I believe the GTA Trilogy is pretty much the only cases were something was removed/changed/edited on this PS2 emulations, from what I'm aware of every other game is exactly the same as the original PS2 release.

Oh yeah, 25FPS, of course. Oops. 

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realise they were patched. ;0)

Exactly, like someone already said Rockstar released a patch for Europe some months ago for the GTA Trilogy on PS4 giving their high popularity and very good sales on the new system ("Rockstar is having "tremendous success" with their PS2 games on PS4"), updating them to 60hz to work like the NTSC version and from the patch notes they also "fixed some bugs" although I don't know which ones they were talking about. Some people have said that instead of the game starting with the English language by default on all versions and having to manually change it on the Settings menu the games now starts with their native console language, so maybe that was fixed.

Edited by Gevirein

not all better, the ps4 port is actually an emulation of the ps2 original, it just upscaled to 1080p, judging on the ps2 version sure it's still was a buggy mess with a horrible NPC A.I but as far as I remember it never crushed on me on the ps2, not even once and i'm not exaggerating.

the ps3 port is based on the mobile updated version, sure it have better graphics, 720p texture, framerate + updated menus and a checkpoint system and all, but I encountered more and newer bugs on this version more than the ps2's, I played through the ps3 port 2 times so far and I never encounter any of the desert missions bugs but on the first time playing the game it crushed on me 6 times where it's automatically sent you back to the XMB menu, it really frustrated me with that.

on my second playthrough it started to run fine, I guess if you're playing it the first time the game will store anything you came across on the HDD since it's not familiar yet to your ps3 and i think it crashes at some point when it faild to store a data, and so once you finish the game and store everything completely on the HDD when you play it again the ps3 will already be familiar with the game this time and so it's not going to crash anymore or... I don't know.

Edited by yellowwindow7

The PS3 version may look better but there's no denying that the PS4 version runs better since there are no glitches and random crashes other than the occasional bugs that are present in every version of the game. (i.e a random plane crashes on a building and it falls on the person who you were supposed to follow/protect, giving you an insta mission failed)