A Whole Day of Meeting Players and Not Once

Stardroid

Guess I got lucky. The very first guy I met understood what I was trying to do and I immediately got the trophy.

As much as I hate online trophies, Journey was the one game where people went above and beyond being helpful. It's all the more astonishing when you realize you don't even have any means of coordination!

That was my experience when I went back to finish up the ps3 version. I was dropped into a game where the other guy basically chaperoned me to the 100%

The game is a lottery when it comes to getting some of the co op trophies and it'll be even harder now with the game being on plus when most people playing couldn't give two hoots about trophies

• Like 2

I was dropped into a game where the other guy basically chaperoned me to the 100%

The game is a lottery when it comes to getting some of the co op trophies 

That was my experience as well. I wasn't sure how or if I'd get those trophies and I got walked all the way through. Thanks anonymous Journey player  :wave:

For those that don't know, you don't need to play through the majority of the game with a partner to get the Companion and Crossing trophies as the game suggests. You just need to do it on last 2 levels, the snowy level and the final flight level.

Use chapter select and choose the snowy level, then hang around right at the start of it until somebody spawns in. Then just complete those two levels with him/her. Don't let them out of your sight, stay as awkwardly close as possible so that you complete the level together. Especially on the flight part.

• Like 2

For the Reflection trophy: replay any chapter and just let your character sit at the beginning of the chapter, many people will join and keep going their way when they see that you don't move, eventually somebody will see a chance to get the trophy and sit along with you. Did this on the last chapter, took me about 10-15mins sitting there. Try to get this trophy now as there's an abundance of new players.

For the Companion trophy: follow this method.

• Like 1

I think I just got lucky with both. Igot the companion one first play-through using the same person for the entire titular journey. Meditation one I got because I found someone away from the game and just sitting around doing nothing for over a minute. Best I can say to anyone still working on this is keep trying; you will find someone eventually. 

• 3 weeks later...

I guess, I got lucky, too. B) On the second run a player helped with meditation, plus showed me desert flower, glyphs and shiny symbols. I guess, he was hunting for the trophies as well. ^_^ Was about to thank hi, although not sure who it was exactly, Credits showed 2 players: michael_ashley and rafrancisco (sorry, if misspelled). So, if anyone on you, guys, see this, thanks! ^_^ (too shy to send DM, what if I'm wrong and a guy wouldn't know, what I'm talking about -_- ) I try to help out too, especially, if see someong sittin'. Most of players are not trophy hunters, tho', I guess, They just go straight to the level exit :P

Sensing, Companion will be a headache tho'...  :devil:  :devil:  It really is annoying in a way that you can't invite people. I was about to ask my brother for help with co-op.

P.S. nevermind, just got Companion. phew

Edited by theomgkitteh

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had a fairly easy time acquiring the online trophies. It's possible I just had good luck and/or good timing in finding the right companions.

On 9/7/2016 at 8:12 PM, Billy_Bonka_ said:

For those that don't know, you don't need to play through the majority of the game with a partner to get the Companion and Crossing trophies as the game suggests. You just need to do it on last 2 levels, the snowy level and the final flight level.

Use chapter select and choose the snowy level, then hang around right at the start of it until somebody spawns in. Then just complete those two levels with him/her. Don't let them out of your sight, stay as awkwardly close as possible so that you complete the level together. Especially on the flight part.

I took this advice for the Companion trophy and got it on my second attempt. For my first attempt, another player with a very long scarf spawned right away, but they seemed more interested in attempting to fly over the beginning gate (the one you emerge out of) to see what was up there. I left that person to their own endeavors and found another companion about halfway through the snow level, finished the game with that person, but apparently it wasn't enough time together to count for Companion. On my second attempt another player spawned right away and stayed with me until the end.

A couple pieces of anecdotal advice from my experience:

1. In addition to sticking close to your companion, try to find another way to make it clear you want to stay together until the end. During the first vertical section, where you fly up the pieces of cloth to various platforms, I went first and waited on each platform until my companion caught up with me to try and make it as clear as possible that I wanted to stay together.

2. You will almost certainly become separated from your companion during the final flight section, especially if their gameplay experience is less than yours. My advice here is to proceed to the end as quickly as possible and then wait for your companion. If your companion is equally as adept with the flying mechanics, you should arrive around the same time and all is good. If they are not as accustomed to the flight mechanics and get hung up, or if they do some sightseeing along the way, you want to make sure you don't dawdle and arrive after them, lest they think you abandoned them and ended the game without them. This may require a bit of patience; in my successful second attempt, I arrived at the summit about 3 minutes before my companion. Around the two minute mark I was beginning to wonder if they had quit or finished without me, but the wait paid off when they finally arrived.

For the Reflection trophy, I think I just had good luck and came across someone who had paused or suspended their game, as they were already sitting when I spotted them. I sat down for 20 seconds and poof, trophy.