PlayStation 4 Pro Announced

Parker

I know that this is a discussion all about the Pro but, doesn't this make the ps4 slim that much more useless? From a consumer standpoint why not wait the additional 2 months pay the extra 100 bucks and get presumably better running ps4 with more hd space? 

The pro doesn't play the 4k blu rays but the Xbox slim does?? 

• Like 1

So no 4k Blu Rays apparently? Shame.

Check stores. It's called "Ultra High Definition". They think "4k" is confusing so they call it "Ultra HD". I've seen a few UHD blu-rays bundled with normal ones, which will be the standard now I guess.

Sony isn't getting my money again. Stores here in Canada want $500 for it, so no. I don't have a 4k HDTV either and don't want one, so pass.

Edited by Caesar Clown

Hopefully there will be a easier way to take my current PS4 2TB drive and slap into PS4 Pro without the need to redownload every game. Stupid ISP now enforces data cap of 1TB.

Hopefully there will be a easier way to take my current PS4 2TB drive and slap into PS4 Pro without the need to redownload every game. Stupid ISP now enforces data cap of 1TB.

Yeah, this might be an issue. Considering how much space the games and their updates require, its's forcing you to upgrage the drive.

Edited by TheGwynbleidd

One thing is clear: Sony is giving a choice for any consumer looking to game on Playstation. You have the entry level refreshed PS4 and the pro or plus model. Other companies have used this model with success, Apple and more recently Microsoft's Xbox line. I'm more than happy with my PS4 and 1080p monitor, but for those with the supporting hardware the choice is there.

I'm very curious to see how PS4's hardware line stacks up against the One S and Scorpio.

Edited by StarFang7

How many games do you guys think I can fit into a ps4 with 1 TB. My ps3 is 150 GB and it's more than enough for me. I don't download videos, apps, pics, etc and I'll only be using it for gaming. Also I usually have only 12-15 games installed on my ps3 and i delete some games once im done with unless it's very good.

I have about 7 digital full games and the rest being discs however with an additional installation though in the game data utility.

Any replies are appreciated

One thing is clear: Sony is giving a choice for any consumer looking to game on Playstation. You have the entry level refreshed PS4 and the pro or plus model. Other companies have used this model with success, Apple and more recently Microsoft's Xbox line. I'm more than happy with my PS4 and 1080p monitor, but for those with the supporting hardware the choice is there.

I'm very curious to see how PS4's hardware line stacks up against the One S and Scorpio.

This system's specs are going to be a joke in comparison to the Scorpio. The 400$ price tag doesn't come without the expense of specs, and outside of playing 4K [which we still don't have any real details on btw, is it upscaled? native? case by case?] this system can't even push proper 60 fp/s on ''standard'' PS4/XBone games. 

My biggest complaint with this is the power supply sporting a good 310W. I know the current PS4 is (up to) 250W.

I'm not familiar enough with what this would translate to, in terms of a difference on my power bill, but holy shit! It kind of seems insane.

Anyone know what this would look like on my PUD bill? Is this 310W per hour it's on?

This system's specs are going to be a joke in comparison to the Scorpio. The 400$ price tag doesn't come without the expense of specs, and outside of playing 4K [which we still don't have any real details on btw, is it upscaled? native? case by case?] this system can't even push proper 60 fp/s on ''standard'' PS4/XBone games.

According to an article on International Business Times, it will be upscaled to 4K, allowing devs easier development.

Edited by DPtheGod

What's funny about this announcement is I'm now less inclined to play PS4 games. Why even bother when I know that I'm getting an inferior experience without the PS4 Pro? I feel like I should focus on playing PS3/Vita games until I get a 4K TV and a Pro a few years down the line. I guess it's times like this I'm thankful for my backlog.  :P

Why do people keep saying it would have been better for PS5 to come out? PS4 hasnt even been out for 5yrs, let alone 4yrs, and there are still plenty of games in development. A lot of points can be said for how stupid itd be to have a PS5 made in the next "1-2yrs".

• Like 1