BioShock: The Collection trophy thoughts

ddracarys

I agree with you on both points. That was a weird one to go for and yet collecting all the Diaries remains the same. And when I saw the trophy thumbnail I instantly thought the same thing, it definitely confused me. One too many logos for one game haha.

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one! They didn't recolour the gold / silver / bronze corners of the trophies they changed either. Wasn't going to say as to not look like a right geek but we're all friends here, right? :P

Nice some people are looking at this so optimistic but honestly I hate remasters from ps3 to ps4 cause they are doing this purely for $ I think. There are more remasters than new ps4 games lol Once ps5 comes out I wonder if they are going to remaster all those games all over again "for those who didnt had a chance of playing it on ps4".

I guess this is another bitter sweet statement. The amount of remasters are ridiculous and I agree that they really need some new content but actually, there are SOME remasters I'm okay with (this being one of them of course). I do think that most remasters are pointless though, yeah. Oh man, nah they need to stop once PS5 releases. I don't want anymore remasters after PS5 please, please every gaming company read this thread post right now please. 

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one! They didn't recolour the gold / silver / bronze corners of the trophies they changed either. Wasn't going to say as to not look like a right geek but we're all friends here, right? :P

I guess it's just a designer thing, I'm one too aha. They really need to hire both of us we will make the small gaming community of designers a lot more satisfied with their trophy thumbnails (??) lmao. 

EDIT: I say "I guess" a lot don't I... 

Edited by ddracarys

I guess it's just a designer thing, I'm one too aha. They really need to hire both of us we will make the small gaming community of designers a lot more satisfied with their trophy thumbnails (??) lmao. 

EDIT: I say "I guess" a lot don't I...

I guess it is... sorry couldn't resist. :P

We have to notice small details in what we do, maybe too much for our own good because I really want to "fix" these trophies for them. <_< So yes they should hire us, it's only the right thing to do to keep our kind happy or we'll revolt! :shakefist:

Same list for Infinite, not looking forward to heartbreaker trophy. 

About the game,  l did play Bioshock and infinite but not bioshock 2. Will it be possible to get it only out of triology?

Really? All the trophies there and that's the one you're worried about? Haha! Anyway, to answer your question, 2K has not mentioned anything about separate purchases so I wouldn't bet on it. As of right now, nobody can really give you a straight answer. However, I am also almost certain you will need to purchase the entire collection. Which isn't so bad. they're all amazing games anyway. Sorry, I couldn't give you the answer you wanted!

I guess it is... sorry couldn't resist. :P

We have to notice small details in what we do, maybe too much for our own good because I really want to "fix" these trophies for them. <_< So yes they should hire us, it's only the right thing to do to keep our kind happy or we'll revolt! :shakefist:

Oh man, this isn't going to stop, is it?  :D

Definitely, I can't imagine how nondesigners see this situation since they don't see a situation at all. I guess we're just perfectionists. We want to fix things that don't necessarily need fixing, they just look somewhat out of place and we want to make them look better. BUT HEY I DESIGN FOR A LIVING AND GET PAID FOR IT SO PERFEWCUTIONSISTS FOEVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!1111

I loved Bioshock 1 and Bioshock infinite, never did get round to playing two. It looks like the list has got rid of the multiplayer trophies for number 2 though? No idea if they were hard or anything but probably be easier now in the long run. Honestly, I don't think I would of even begun the series if it weren't for Bioshock Infinite being on the PS+ a couple of years back. Which ultimately led me into renting the first one.

I think I will eventually get it. There is a hectic amount of games coming out in the next couple of months that take priority but this will definitely be added to my buy list.

These games were an adventure for me. One of my first ever 360/ps3 games was Bioshock 1 on 360. Time to had back into Rapture B)

Trophies look great, I got plat on B1 on my old account, never did 100% B2 because of multiplayer. Though, I really enjoyed multiplayer. It was lots of fun. Just recently beat Infinite for the second time, so no clue if I'll play that one right away.

Edited by Najinceil

Oh man, this isn't going to stop, is it?  :D

Definitely, I can't imagine how nondesigners see this situation since they don't see a situation at all. I guess we're just perfectionists. We want to fix things that don't necessarily need fixing, they just look somewhat out of place and we want to make them look better. BUT HEY I DESIGN FOR A LIVING AND GET PAID FOR IT SO PERFEWCUTIONSISTS FOEVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!1111

It stops now! ...I guess! :P Now that really was the last time, or was it? Nah it was. :P

Well they'll think we're crazy, but just maybe there's method in the madness. Though I think everyone can agree having a silver frame on a gold trophy is just plain wrong! :facepalm:

HERE, HERE! I'LL DRINK TO THAT! :coffee: ...don't judge, it's early(ish) here.

I am almost 100% sure that no, but don't take my word on it.

Really? All the trophies there and that's the one you're worried about? Haha! Anyway, to answer your question, 2K has not mentioned anything about separate purchases so I wouldn't bet on it. As of right now, nobody can really give you a straight answer. However, I am also almost certain you will need to purchase the entire collection. Which isn't so bad. they're all amazing games anyway. Sorry, I couldn't give you the answer you wanted!

I hoped it would be like Heavy Rain and Beyond two souls. A little bit disappointing for me since l wanted to get only BioShock 2.

Thanks for replies and about heartbreaker. Believe or not when l platinum'd Bioshock infinite, that trophy was the one gave me huge problems. In fact, only one gave me problems :D

I hoped it would be like Heavy Rain and Beyond two souls. A little bit disappointing for me since l wanted to get only BioShock 2.

Thanks for replies and about heartbreaker. Believe or not when l platinum'd Bioshock infinite, that trophy was the one gave me huge problems. In fact, only one gave me problems :D

Heartbreaker was one of my last trophies and it gave me HUGE problems too, but I found a youtube video that step-by-step shows you how to get him stuck on a roof so I just sat there and slowly picked him off with ease.

• Like 1

Heartbreaker was one of my last trophies and it gave me HUGE problems too, but I found a youtube video that step-by-step shows you how to get him stuck on a roof so I just sat there and slowly picked him off with ease.

Hehe it makes me glad l am not the only one ( sorry though! :D ) * virtual highfive *

I believe l know the video you are talking about l also watched that but somehow it didn't work on me. I had to do it hard way which was a real pain to me.

• Like 1

I will be getting the collection Bioshock 1 was one of the first games I bought on Ps3. I've played the first 2 and even bot all the mp trophies in 2 but I never platiunumed either one of them. I never played Infinte.

Kinda dissapointed in the list for 2. I was hoping they would add some more SP trophies in stead of changing the value of some of the trophies.

I have mixed feelings. First of all I did 2 first games and actually I really like trend to remaster games without bringing MP which I don't like in most of cases cause I played special MP games some years ago.

Uncharted Remastered Trilogy, now Bioshock 2, I wish RE5-6 could came out without MP but nvm.

One major downside is that our localizators didn't bring translation which was available at start on PC. At that times it was common that most games don't get translation (even when PC version officially localized) but now... why?

I wonder how saves will work in Bioshock 1 and 2. Will they allow us to save at any moment like it was on PS3 or not?

Mm. I have BioShock the ultimate rapture edition on ps3 and BioShock infinite so I won't be buying this again, let alone any remaster on ps4 regardless of how good it is. I mean it is essentially the same game but with extra trophies. I really don't understand those who buy a game twice if it's just remastered but then again I guess if you're having fun, I'm in no position to judge.

Have fun everyone but I really hope this remaster thing stops with ps4 because it appears to me that there are more remasters on ps4 than actual new games( I may be exaggerating but you get the idea) and it bothers me considering the time and money spent remastering couldve been shifted towards making a new game.

Edited by poopooblast

I don't have a PS4 yet so my only experience with game re-releases where the original already has trophies is Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls Edition. I thought it would be like that, with the dlc folded into the main game so it's required for the platinum and the lists a bit different to give returning players a new or greater challenge. It doesn't look like this is the case. I'll get it eventually as this is still one of my favorite series, but probably not right away once I get a 4.

Before all else, WHERE THE HELL IS THE BIOSHOCK 1 LIST? PLEASE TELL ME IT'S JUST DELAYED AND NOT COMPLETELY EXCLUDED BECAUSE THAT WOULD SUCK. Anyway, what's everybody thoughts on these lists? I have already Platinumed the BioShock trilogy once before so I'm not worried but are there any new players who are? The BioShock 2 list is lacking so much in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Lol, you need to update the thread title, dude. :P

I usually hate double plats on any games, but Bioshock is definitely an exception to this rule. Besides, it looks to be much easier to plat considering all the MP trophies have been removed. Wish I had a ps4 to join in the fun

I agree, too bad I took the long trek getting the MP for Bioshock 2, but I am salty Bioshock 1 isn't with the other two right now, considering they've showed plenty of video comparing the graphics .