Recommend Me An Affordable Vita Game!

Terra

I'm currently searching for more PS Vita games since I only have three. For the Vita, I'm mainly interested in RPG's, VN's, Racers, and Puzzle. I'm not so much looking for shooters but I'll consider one at a good price. 

This is what I have currently:

- Code Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~

- NORN9: Var Commons

- Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Most Vita games (at least the ones I've seen) aren't that cheap, there are a few good ones out there for around $20:

• Persona 4 Golden (this is a must if you've never played it before)
  • Gravity Rush (this is probably the cheapest one, I found mine at Walmart for $10)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (never played this one yet, but the series is very reliable)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart (different from the normal Neptunia games, this one is a grid-based SRPG)

Note these are physical games, digital will probably be more expensive unless you find them on sale.

I completely agree with everyone who has said Persona 4, it's a really fun game. It's a Dungeon Crawling RPG type of thing. It has an excellent story line to it. There's times that you're also reading the game like a novel because there's a good chunk of dialog at parts.

Since you said you have Code Realize &Norn9 which are both visual novels, you do have PS Plus, I recommend getting and playing Amnesia: Memories(It's free.. it's the cheapest you're gonna get lmao). I haven't gotten crazy into that game yet, did one play through of it so far and it wasn't that long compared to Code Realize(I have yet to finish this game).

EDIT: I see on your trophy list you already started playing this lol

Someone also said Danganronpa. That's personally my other favorite series on the Vita. They have two main story games, a "spin off" &they're planning on releasing a 3rd one eventually in time(Of course in Japan first xP) But Danganronpa is a bit like a murder mystery type of thing. You're trapped in a high school, this black and white bear gives a motive, someone typically is killed &you have to find out "who dunnit" .. in the words of Monokuma. It's a really nice game overall. I recommend you looking into it sine I'm personally awful at explaining things.

You did also mention that you've played Virtue's Last Reward, why not finish up the series with Zero Time Dilemma(Taking it into assumption that you finished it on the 3DS)? The only downside to that is that the game is still the normal price, hasn't dropped or went on sale to my understanding, but it's still a pretty fun game to play. There's GameStop's in the New York area that have it pre-owned (not sure if you're around NYC or up where Buffalo is) but.. being the typical employee I am since I work at GameStop.. If you do happen to come across this pre-owned or buy the game online, you can just bring it back to the store in 7 days and get your money back since it is still a fairy high priced vita game being at 34.99 (31.49 Pro member price). But I mean if you finish it within 7 days, you can get your money back :P

Long story short..

Persona 4

Danganronpa 1 &2 (Maybe Ultra Despair Girls if you actually like the series, but it does have that shooter aspect to it)

Amnesia: Memories

Zero Time Dilemma

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

Here are games I enjoyed on the Vita:

1. Persona 4 Golden
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
  4. Tales of Hearts R
  5. Ys Memories of Celceta
  6. Steins;Gate
  7. Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc
  8. Virtue's Last Reward
  9. Dragon's Crown
  10. Freedom Wars (this one is a monster hunter rpg with guns, so it might not be really your thing)
  11. Gravity Rush
Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

What is affordable in your terms?

If you want cheap Vita games, you will need to check sales, unfortunately, because Vita is obviously dead, Vita games sales rarely happen. And even less on weeb games on NA store (for example, EU has Big in Japan sale which NA does not have).

If you prefer physicals, that is a bit more complicated. Physical Vita games do not tend to drop in price. (Maybe they do in NA shops, though) So, I would advise you to check eBay.

Physical Vita games do not tend to drop in price. (Maybe they do in NA shops, though) So, I would advise you to check eBay.

Yeah we get price drops but the only one that is best at it, is Fry's Electronics. They have brand new PSVita games at 20 to 30 dollars.

Edited by TheVader66

For me, how affordable a game is has a lot to do with how much time I will put into it for the cost.  Persona 4 Golden is $20 and the average completion time on howlongtobeat is 140 hours. Severed is $15 with an average completion time of 8 hours.  If you were to buy 8 hour games for $15 each in order to play for 140 hours, you would spend $260.

That isn't really an endorsement for one game or another as if you are like me, you will want to play both.  Also, your genre preferences should take precedence in determining what affordable game you do end up buying.  I just think that it is easy to forget that sometimes a more expensive game is actually the better deal.

Enough with my rambling though - as others have said I highly recommend P4G.  If you aren't into JRPG's and enjoy sandbox, building type games, Minecraft and Terraria are both a ton of fun on the Vita.

• Like 1

Persona 4 Golden - The best game on the Vita and pretty cheap both physical and digital if I  recall correct.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A really good racer you can pick up pretty cheap.

Any FIFA if you're into sports games.

LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita - Pretty good game. If 14,99 is still 'affordable', I recommend you to also pick this game up.

What is affordable in your terms?

If you want cheap Vita games, you will need to check sales, unfortunately, because Vita is obviously dead, Vita games sales rarely happen. And even less on weeb games on NA store (for example, EU has Big in Japan sale which NA does not have).

If you prefer physicals, that is a bit more complicated. Physical Vita games do not tend to drop in price. (Maybe they do in NA shops, though) So, I would advise you to check eBay.

Lol, after I said it, NA has a flash sale with Japanese games =D