Infinite Warfare is ready to eat up your hard drive

Xel

clap.gif

If you can't win in quality, you have to win in quantity, huh?

Congrats, CoD, you will become the no.1 of PS4 games.

In size.

There you go, I fixed it for ya. xD

How on Earth can a Call of Duty game be 130GB!? I mean even games like The Witcher 3, which is a massive open world RPG, is only 35GB. I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the PS4 Pro. We know this game supports that system in some way.

• Like 2

Good luck to every 500GB PS4 console owner  :D 

That still hurts 2GB owners like myself. I don't like playing musical chairs with my games and internal hard drive space. Although the size is obscene( and obese) i wish the PS4 pro would have allowed the use of external hard drives it would remove a lot of annoyance from this.

• Like 1

This is what I hope happens:

1. 40 million Moms buy Infinite Warfare for 40 million pre-pubescent boys in the United States

2. Those boys try to download the game

3. The size of the game triggers a bandwidth limitation has been exceeded notification and the ISP would be happy to bill them an extra $50 to finish the download within the same month it's started

4. Moms tell the children they can't download any more this month

5. Children cry and tell their Moms they hate them

6. Angry Moms call their ISPs and get on Facebook (on cell data) to complain to ISPs that their limitation is stupid (now that it affects them in some way)

7. ISPs raise or eliminate their limitations on data downloads

8. Win for everyone! Finally something good came from a CoD game!

Keep on increasing the size of those games, AAA publishers!!!

• Like 2

That is disc!!

Black ops 3 alone eats up about 90GB..and that's disc

Black Ops III eats up 87.8GB on my system, but that's with all patches and all 4 DLC packs. On the back of the case it says 50GB Minimum. If IW is 130GB on the back of the case, that's without any patches or DLC packs

Can confirm that the 130GB is both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered combined. IGN reported it this morning. That means, with MWR being 39.18GB, IW sits around 90GB, and that's because of the 4k support, however the 4K support will be provided in the form of a patch. So that means that the disc probably will have only 50GB on it, with a Day 1 patch including 4K support, additional features and improvements to IW and to MWR, plus the implementation of MWR multiplayer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/05/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-and-modern-warfare-remastered-will-be-a-combined-130gb-install

That is another reason I am content not getting a PS4 right now. I mean it is stupid if you are buying the disc why should it take that much space. I mean if you are downloading it..sure..but the disc shouldn't do that

Well im sure someone could explain it better but arent data on disc compacted like zip files? Un packing everything could easily double or triple the amount. And aren't current bd for ps4 just double layers(50gb)? Or is sony already doing bdxl(120gb)?

Edit: i dont even want to imagine for 4k.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I always thought the main reason why PS4 discs put the entire game on the system just like if you were to buy it digitally was to make the most of the hardware. Could be wrong, but it would kinda make sense. PS3 only put some data on the system, maybe a few hundred megabytes or a gigabyte or so, but a full game was 12GB. Now on PS4, if a game is 47GB digital, the disc version installs 47GB.

guess this is one of the reasons Sony is kinda leaning toward digital media all the way on PS4 Pro?

what's the point of the freaking 50GB Blu Ray discs ( physical copies ) now days on PS4 and XBONE if the games now still needed to be installed and sit in the HDD which eat exactly the same size of the game itself on the disc and sometimes even extra more.

consoles these days are going PC way which once you install the game you actually don't need the disc anymore, but due to pirating issues and stuff the disc is needed to be on your PC or console BD or DVD ROM so it can check on it every now and then to make sure.