A-Z Platinum Club

25 minutes ago, DaScorpio_ said:

While we’re on the Yakuza topic, how hard / annoying was Yakuza Like a Dragon? Is it similar to Kiwami in terms of trophies / minigames / etc?

I’m currently doing Yakuza Kiwami, the story and gameplay are great (sure its aged but still pretty good), but what makes me want to quit platting it was few things: Ultimate Battles - some of them were very rage-inducing and annoying to the point of wanting to quit. I didn’t mind the grind as much so long as there’s progress, so some of the completion things were hard / annoying too. Then you kind of need to learn mahjong and win with specific conditions to 100% it, which will be hard too I guess. There’s Legend Mode too, but can’t comment since I haven’t started yet (car chase rip). 

Overall its a great game and an ultra rare Y platinum, but just know its UR for a reason :P 

Like a Dragon doesn't require 100% completion of all minigames and the ones it does require are quite enjoyable. For example, they basically have a Mario Cart minigame that you need to beat all races in. I have yet to play any of the other Yakuza games but I think for the most part most minigames you have to complete are all new. Mahjong is in there but you will not need any specific winning hands or anything like that. (Might need it for in game 100% but not trophies.) 

The main story is largely a breeze with some difficulty spikes near the end. Level 45-50 should let you beat the final boss IIRC. Level 70ish for first go of Final Millennium Tower. Then the grind begins for the True Final Millennium Tower. At minimum you need to be Level 99 w/ at least 1 job at max rank - personally I had like 4 or 5 jobs at max rank and all abilities for each job unlocked for all characters (except for DLC jobs).

LAD is turn based and there is no legendary mode. Kasuga is a lovable goofball and made for a great MC. I might go for the PS5 stack one day.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Like a Dragon doesn't require 100% completion of all minigames and the ones it does require are quite enjoyable. For example, they basically have a Mario Cart minigame that you need to beat all races in. I have yet to play any of the other Yakuza games but I think for the most part most minigames you have to complete are all new. Mahjong is in there but you will not need any specific winning hands or anything like that. (Might need it for in game 100% but not trophies.) 

The main story is largely a breeze with some difficulty spikes near the end. Level 45-50 should let you beat the final boss IIRC. Level 70ish for first go of Final Millennium Tower. Then the grind begins for the True Final Millennium Tower. At minimum you need to be Level 99 w/ at least 1 job at max rank - personally I had like 4 or 5 jobs at max rank and all abilities for each job unlocked for all characters (except for DLC jobs).

LAD is turn based and there is no legendary mode. Kasuga is a lovable goofball and made for a great MC. I might go for the PS5 stack one day.

That sounds good, I might actually not put it in the "never play" backlog list haha

• Like 2

Just doing a little switch for my list to get away with My Name is Mayo - so switching out with Minecraft:

List:

Spoiler

#-

Assassin's Creed Unity

Broken Age

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (UR)

Elden Ring

FIFA 16 (UR)

Grim Fandango

Hollow Knight

InFamous: First Light

Jak X: Combat Racing

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Minecraft

Need fo Speed: Rivals

Onrush

Peggle 2

Q-

Rayman Legends (UR)

Steep (UR)

Trials Rising (UR)

Until Dawn

V-

W-

X-

Yakuza Kiwami (UR)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

(Optional) Japanese Title-

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2022 at 2:07 PM, Jimiboss98 said:

Hi, I Would Like to Submit my list! I Currently have 23 Letters!
#-
A-A Way Out
B-Bioshock
C-Call Of Duty Black Ops (UR)
D-Deeer Simulator
E-Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
F-FF7 Remake
G-Goat Simulator
H-Heavy Rain
I-Infamous
J-Jak X Combat Racing
K-Killzone Shadow Fall
L-Life is Strange True Colours
M-Maneater
N-Nier Automata
O-Overcooked All You Can Eat
P-Psychonauts
Q-
R-Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time
S-Severed
T-Trove  (UR)
U-Uncharted Golden Abyss
V-
W-We Were Here
X-
Y-Yakuza 0 (UR)
Z-Zombie Army 4
Jap-

I'm to 23 Letter I can be Beta Collector now??

Edited by Jimiboss98
  • Like 3

On 6/2/2023 at 2:33 AM, Terra said:

I’d like to join this. Here are my picks:

You already joined the Club in 2017.. I updated your list.. If you want to check your previous choices check this post:

On 27/9/2017 at 4:31 AM, Terra said:

I'd like to join! Here's my list! 

22/27

19 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

What if I told U I got another letter upgraded to UR?

GG! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, postofficebuddy said:

Q and X are going to be very difficult though.

Quake (PS5) is a pretty good one. It's not too difficult because you can quicksave and it's a fun game. X is of course very limited and I decided on XCOM 2, which was hard but not crazy hard. As long as you're patient and can endure some long loading times, it's a very doable platinum.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, postofficebuddy said:

Fairly major update! Just got the LBP platinum which gives me an ultra rare L. Out of curiously I went and checked and Knack has become Ultra rare, although just barely. Only 4 games away from a fully UR list. Q and X are going to be very difficult though. :edit: I completely forgot about Everybody’s Golf. Only 3 games away. 

Nice one dude,

Very jealous of 3 of your PS3 plats, Wipeout, GT5 and 3D Dot.

There is still boosting happening for Quantum Theory on the PS3. A good contender for an ultra rare Q.

• Like 2

Everything updated, congratulazioni to everyone for the really impressive updates. Some of you are near completing their list both Epsilon and Alpha. I can't wait to see who'll be the third Epsilon Master! Welcome to the new entries.

On 26/2/2023 at 10:49 PM, postofficebuddy said:

Fairly major update! Just got the LBP platinum which gives me an ultra rare L.

11 years and 8 months to get the platinum.. it must be a record! Still, congrats!

• Like 2