PSN DOWN

theomgkitteh

Completely down again here, was able to log in earlier, bad timing to want to set up the device password on ps3 -_-

Same! I logged on using a PC then finally got the two step factor thing because of how crazy hackers are nowadays. While at it, I deactivated my account on all devices. I went ahead to try to log in using device password on ps3 to activate it as my main device , only to find the servers are down..:/

Working for me now.

Ps3 or ps4? Also do you mind telling me what part of Canada you're in? :0.

Thx, appreciate it. I'll just have to wait perhaps till tomorrow or something.

You might want to persevere for a short while more, I doubt I am just lucky, I have only tried to log on in the past 45 minutes, I would guess things are getting fixed slowly.

I did connect from a cold boot, not sure if that helped, rather than just retrying over and over... other people on my FL are in parties playing in muliplayer games...

Edit: I have logged off now, need to study for an hour before bed... good luck with connecting.

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1

What's stopping people from playing on their PS4s when not connected? I played some Soul Axiom earlier, and didn't have any problems. 

You can play offline on PS4, but some games are hobbled without the connection. 

Oh ok, I thought the PS4 required an internet connection to play offline too.

I believe you're thinking of that other system. The one that Sony came in like a white knight to save the day from.  :awesome:

There for awhile you couldn't check your trophies without an internet connection, though.. They finally added that feature in the last system update. 

The only time you need an internet connection to play offline games on PS4 is if you haven't activated your PS4 as the primary system. Even then, I think it's just for downloaded games. I believe physical games will still work fine.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I believe you're thinking of that other system. The one that Sony came in like a white knight to save the day from.  :awesome:

There for awhile you couldn't check your trophies without an internet connection, though.. They finally added that feature in the last system update. 

The only time you need an internet connection to play offline games on PS4 is if you haven't activated your PS4 as the primary system. Even then, I think it's just for downloaded games. I believe physical games will still work fine.

That's good to know.

• 3 weeks later...