PSN DOWN

theomgkitteh

For those who might experience problems with logging in online. 

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/723760/PSN-down-PlayStation-Network-offline-PS4

If it's hackers, they sure chose the 'right' time to screw things up... :(

Edited by theomgkitteh

Looks like this is not actual hacking, but rather a DDoS attack (basically flooding a server with requests until there are too many for the server to handle) against Dyn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyn_(company)

Most of the sites are back online, so PSN should be back soon.

Also, the German PSN refer to it as maintenance on the official site, maybe there's no hacking at all, but who knows?

By the way, why is this in the Dead Star subforum? Shouldn't it be in the PSN subforum?

Edited by viech54
  • Like 3

Yea, every time I try to access my account from the site, I can't...

I have the two-step program so I think I'm not receiving the code to my phone because servers are down or I hope because I'm not receiving anything.

Weirdly enough I activated this today about 1hr ago when it was working. Went on my account to make sure everything was fine, deactivated all devices, etc. I signed out, then went back to sign in to get my backup codes just in case, and I couldn't go back in ever since.

Edited by poopooblast

thank god, I checked both my ps3 and ps4 and everything is fine, I can even log in too.

both consoles are set as my primary consoles, however the playstation store in the other hand is unavailable at the moment. I believe it's just like late last year, as the server is been DDoS'd, it's not just PSN and Xbox live are the ones affected this time, I heard there's like a thousand of other websites been attacked too.

thank god, I checked both my ps3 and ps4 and everything is fine, I can even log in too.

both consoles are set as my primary consoles, however the playstation store in the other hand is unavailable at the moment. I believe it's just like late last year, as the server is been DDoS'd, it's not just PSN and Xbox live are the ones affected this time, I heard there's like a thousand of other websites been attacked too.

It's mainly affecting Asia and NA

I believe it's just like late last year, as the server is been DDoS'd, it's not just PSN and Xbox live are the ones affected this time, I heard there's like a thousand of other websites been attacked too.

I'm curious what else as well. From what Keem is saying, it's definitely not just PlayStation.

42ac34f417cb4272a1f6d251b8bb5cb0.png

He hasn't tweeted out anything since though .-.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

I can say that this is true. Whatsapp and Tinder(yeahyeah I know) have been really unreliable today on mobile and I've been having problems with YT today too.

I believe it's just like late last year, as the server is been DDoS'd, it's not just PSN and Xbox live are the ones affected this time, I heard there's like a thousand of other websites been attacked too.

I'm curious what else as well. From what Keem is saying, it's definitely not just PlayStation.

42ac34f417cb4272a1f6d251b8bb5cb0.png

He hasn't tweeted out anything since though .-.

I'm guessing it's related to the larger scale DDoS attack aimed at Dyn (internet infrastructure or DNS firm) that started earlier this morning. According to articles it impacted a lot of sites and services like Netflix, Reddit, Spotify, Amazon (though they haven't confirmed that one is related), several news sites, etc. Considering how frequent PSN goes down, it could just be a coincidence and unrelated, but the timing would make you think the issues are related to those attacks.