Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

T-minus 29 hours for people in my time zone, so I'm going to cap sign ups right now. I'll give you until I wake up tomorrow to tinker with your lists.

Hey, can I do like a If Else statement? since IF Final Fantasy xv really comes out.. That's like .. A must play for me been hyped way to long for that game :P 

if that´s cool I´ll post AND message you the new list so you don´t need to look for it =) 

it's also a 'murican holiday in ka-na-da where i just happen to live (and yes, it's cold)...not a problem at all...just wanted to have as few games as other people as possible...thought it would be interesting from the perspective of some non-participants looking to pick up new games...there seem to be a lot of repetitive games here so quite frankly, i'm not sure if i'm even going to bother to read all of the reviews...many of them not the type of game that appeals to me anyhow...just an opinion and not intended as criticism...to each their own...i'm sure others think the same about the games i've chosen...also, no idea what people's writing styles will be like so that will also impact interest level...pretty hyped and eager to see how it goes...

Is it as big as it is in the US though?

What am I saying, few people get as crazy as Americans do about holidays.

You should have been in the first event then, that was mostly everybody playing different games with just a bare few cross-overs. In this event, many have been looking to play stuff at the same time to change it up a bit, maybe it's less interesting for readers but it's fun for us :) Of course this is also good for readers to see because while there are fewer different games, there are more different opinions on the same game. Personally I went all-in, each of my games is being played by at least one other person as well :)

You could see the first event thread for how people tend to write, at least us veterans ;) Everybody's got their own style but many of us tend to be wordy in our reviews, it's not the "yeah I'm this far now, see you tomorrow" kind of thing you see in a few other events. Proper reviewing, and discussions thereof, actually seemed the real appeal of the last event.

P.S. Hemiak... I'll start writing up my list for your next event then? :D

So far: Kitten Squad, Galak-Z, Rebel Galaxy, Gat Out Of Hell, Ultratron, Doodle trilogy, CoJ Bound In Blood, Costume Quest 2, Blood Dragon, Mad/Riders, Retro/Grade... wow, if there's good stuff on PS+ the next few months then I need to seriously consider scrapping stuff already again!

Hey, can I do like a If Else statement? since IF Final Fantasy xv really comes out.. That's like .. A must play for me been hyped way to long for that game :P

if that´s cool I´ll post AND message you the new list so you don´t need to look for it =) 

Or you do the minimum one hour in the game that day, and you play FF for the rest of it :) it's what I will do with Watch_Dogs 2.

Edited by BillyHorrible

it's also a 'murican holiday in ka-na-da where i just happen to live (and yes, it's cold)...not a problem at all...just wanted to have as few games as other people as possible...thought it would be interesting from the perspective of some non-participants looking to pick up new games...there seem to be a lot of repetitive games here so quite frankly, i'm not sure if i'm even going to bother to read all of the reviews...many of them not the type of game that appeals to me anyhow...just an opinion and not intended as criticism...to each their own...i'm sure others think the same about the games i've chosen...also, no idea what people's writing styles will be like so that will also impact interest level...pretty hyped and eager to see how it goes...

I have to say I like your approach of selecting entirely different games from what other participants are playing.  It will definitely keep for more interesting narrative and you have a number of games on your list that I'm interested in seeking out in the future so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I don't know.. but if it's horrible I'll find it out sooner or later.. =P and why I want to play SAO? Why not :P

and I can rearrange that, like I mentioned it's not really the order I'll play the games :) just the list and might not even be final

What I meant is that it wasn't totally clear which SAO you wanted to play, not that you want to play one.

Considering Hearts R is one of my favorite games on the Vita and in the Tales of series and you seem to think it's one of the worst and your wording of your opinion of it sounded like you'd put it on par with Last Rebellion or any other commonly hated upon game, yeah it's pretty obvious our tastes are rather lacking in common ground. Also, it's not just two games. Looking at your completed games, I can tell you also liked the Neptunia series far more than I did since someone who doesn't like the games wouldn't exactly platinum more than one. There's nothing wrong with this, it just means our tastes are different and what I like may not be your cup of tea and what you like may not be mine.

The first Neptunia has horrible technique but I played through it as I already owned mk2 at that time and that game (mk2) had a fun battle system which rescued the whole series for me so I decided to play the others. Plus I liked some of the character designs. Still I wouldn't play so many Compile Hearts-game in a row anymore as it became quite tedious after a while (especially Fairy Fancer F). And up till this day I'm still a bit fed up of them. xD

pumpkin (supposed to be chase (my son's favorite) from the paw patrol for any of you who have an idea of what that is, for those who don't, it's a damn dog in a police uniform...haha...) 98% done...pic doesn't quite do it justice but attached it anyways...taking a break to sort out my final game...turned on my console to see what digitals i have to download only to find that my help is needed for a fly the co-op run...will have my final choice up before you wake up...and i liked the birthday party post...i f**kin' hate them, but let's leave that for another thread...

I'm not into Helloween as over here the industry just sees cash grab but that pumpkin is awesome!

Hemiak... I'll start writing up my list for your next event then? :D

So far: Kitten Squad, Galak-Z, Rebel Galaxy, Gat Out Of Hell, Ultratron, Doodle trilogy, CoJ Bound In Blood, Costume Quest 2, Blood Dragon, Mad/Riders, Retro/Grade... wow, if there's good stuff on PS+ the next few months then I need to seriously consider scrapping stuff already again!

Guess I'll start putting games aside then :P :

Waaaay ahead of you B)

• Like 2

And before I forget. Here are the starting stats:
Completion rate: 70.19%

Trophies earned: 7,327
Unearned trophies: 4,341

Won't earn a trophy until I start Badlands as I'm too much into Kirby Super Star Ultra right now. :D

Wonder how many games I will play besides the ones from this event. The only one with trophies that comes to my mind is Rayman Legends. Only ~360 points or about three weeks until the plat. :dance:

#384PostsBeforeFilmFanaticStartsToPlay

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

The first Neptunia has horrible technique but I played through it as I already owned mk2 at that time and that game (mk2) had a fun battle system which rescued the whole series for me so I decided to play the others. Plus I liked some of the character designs. Still I wouldn't play so many Compile Hearts-game in a row anymore as it became quite tedious after a while (especially Fairy Fancer F). And up till this day I'm still a bit fed up of them. xD

That's the only one I bought (for vita) back when they were on sale. So it's not the best to make an impression about the franchise? I was kind of waiting to buy any others depending on how much I'd like Rebirth 1.

And before I forget. Here are the starting stats:

Completion rate: 70.19%

Unearned trophies: 4,341

Won't earn a trophy until I start Badlands as I'm too much into Kirby Super Star Ultra right now. :D

Wonder how many games I will play besides the ones from this event. The only one with trophies that comes to my mind is Rayman Legends. Only ~360 points or about three weeks until the plat. :dance:

All good points. This film fanatic has a dog at the moment though so I think he's to tired to start playing at midnight #ItsADogsLife

I'm putting my money on Markus being the first to post again, he's the one on the German timezone (unless others here are even earlier).

I'll probably maybe play some SNES alongside, the only other trophy thing I've got planned to play next month is Watch_Dogs 2 and other than that I intend to spend all my gaming time on the event, like last time. When I'm done with Watch_Dogs 2, I will probably try to trade it with someone for the Ezio trilogy but I'll start on that one after the event is over.

My stats for now (I promise I won't play anything trophy-related tonight):

Completion percentage: 51,29% (started last time on 52,79% and ended on 50,95%)

Trophies won: 5.315

Unearned trophies: 4.342

Games played: 271

That's the only one I bought (for vita) back when they were on sale. So it's not the best to make an impression about the franchise? I was kind of waiting to buy any others depending on how much I'd like Rebirth 1.

Re;Birth 1 on Vita has the same gameplay as mk2 or Victory, so it's fine IMO. If you enjoy that game I'm sure you will enjoy the others, too. Overall it's a completely different experience than the original Hyperdimension Neptunia and even had a slightly rewritten story.

Re;Birth 1 on Vita has the same gameplay as mk2 or Victory, so it's fine IMO. If you enjoy that game I'm sure you will enjoy the others, too. Overall it's a completely different experience than the original Hyperdimension Neptunia and even had a slightly rewritten story.

Good to know. I realised it was a remake of the first, but didn't think all that much had changed gameplaywise

Still waitng to post stats as I might end up with another trophy or 2 in Monster Monpiece before this starts.

It's nearly 11pm on October 31st as I type this and I'll be starting my first game around 5:15pm tomorrow, one of the perks of being one of the first countries in the world to see a new day ;) I'll give you a heads up tomorrow when I start if anyone *cough* Billy *cough* cares to note how many posts are posted before I kick off the event.

It's nearly 11pm on October 31st as I type this and I'll be starting my first game around 5:15pm tomorrow, one of the perks of being one of the first countries in the world to see a new day ;) I'll give you a heads up tomorrow when I start if anyone *cough* Billy *cough* cares to note how many posts are posted before I kick off the event.

WHATTHESHIT

There's actually somebody called FilmFanatic in the event!

I completely misunderstood Crimson's post...

I thought it was a jab at me since I was doing the hastag thing earlier and states somewhere that I actually love movies more than games...

I am very tired at this point and I had forgotten at that point that FF is actually here. HOW AM I ALLOWED TO DRIVE RIGHT NOW? (note: not driving while I'm typing this but still...)

Sorry FF, I'll definitely remember your handle from now on!

#PublicShaming

Also, AAAAA, we're 70 posts short!

• Like 2

Popped the plat for Gat Out Of Hell just before so my 10 games are loaded on my profile now. Final completion rate before starting is 89.14% and a total of 427 unearned trophies now added. I'm going to go watch a movie now, should probably be a horror even though we don't celebrate Halloween here in New Zealand but it seems fitting all the same.

Only 427? You got off easy. :P I added 489 of the things. Dishonored has 81? o.O Me gusta!

Edited by DamagingRob

That is so awesome! It's 11am here! 

Or you do the minimum one hour in the game that day, and you play FF for the rest of it :) it's what I will do with Watch_Dogs 2.

Hmm perhaps, but but ...... I´ll see what to do when the times is there.. =)

What I meant is that it wasn't totally clear which SAO you wanted to play, not that you want to play one.

Oh my bad, it's the new one that's coming out like totally soon.  (Sword Art Online Hollow Realization for the ps4) 

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5444-SWORD-ART-ONLINE-HOLLOW-REALIZATION=) I'll try to make that clearer in the final version of the list 

Edited by vin_rob

Lol it's all good, I've only been here since post #5 which isn't really all that long a time ;)

It helps that I'm already bad with names in real life when I can connect them to faces... On here I tend to remember avatars and I only recall names once I've been in a few discussions with people. It does not help that some people tend to change handles ever so often (looking at you, Rach!), causing me to think "where do I know that person with the unfamiliar handle from?"

Time to change your Bowser-avatar to a Slowbro:

250px-080Slowbro.png

:D

Or a puppy. Everybody forgives a puppy when he's being stupid.

72786476.jpg

Edited by BillyHorrible

It helps that I'm already bad with names in real life when I can connect them to faces... On here I tend to remember avatars and I only recall names once I've been in a few discussions with people. It does not help that some people tend to change handles ever so often (looking at you, Rach!), causing me to think "where do I know that person with the unfamiliar handle from?"

I've not changed mine for around 2/3 months now and intend on staying with this one :P

That's why I always try to remember the PSN-id. I'm glad that Sony doesn't allow us to change that name otherwise I would have that problem, too.

Or a puppy. Everybody forgives a puppy when he's being stupid.

*snip*

Nope, doesn't work.