Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

It warms my heart to see people giving Time & Eternity a chance. :wub:  If nothing else, you can join this Project Platinum, if you're not already in it: No Refunds! :P But It is no way, shape, or form the almost worst game ever made, as the reviews seem to imply, in my opinion. I enjoyed it. I tend to like a lot more than the average person, too, though.  xD

That would be Damnation :P .

I tend to keep an eye on Japanese games, so when I see one for a reasonable price I try and get it. This time it was Time & Eternity, Lost Dimension and Mugen Souls which I found for under 20€ each. Just hoping they arrive, unlike last time when I ordered Mugen Souls, they sent me Mugen Souls Z instead >.< . Never got the replacement copy either, although retailer said they sent it :shakefist: .

... damnit, what was my list again?

My highest hopes are for The Deadly Tower Of Monsters. Many people have been claiming after release Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was dull so now for me it's probably better than expected. Lowest expectations are for DiRT 3 and Letter Quest Remastered.

I thought Deadly Tower of Monsters was alright. If you enjoy sci-fi in general, you might find some of the references amusing and get more out of the game as someone who doesn't care for that sort of thing. Other than that it's a laid-back and straightforward weekend sort of experience.

• Like 1

I just checked my backlog and realized I own Shinovi Versus, not Estival Versus. Sorry about the mixup. Unless one of my disks turn out to be broken, this list

1. Dishonored
  2. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
  3. Resonance of Fate
  4. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
  5. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
  6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  7. Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
  8. Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day
  9. Beyond Good & Evil HD
  10. Mass Effect

As for the games I'm looking forward to that would be Oreshika and BGE. Oreshika seems weird as it seems to revolve around breaking a family curse and something about gods; BGE has a fanbase waiting nearly a decade for a sequel, so I'm willing to see if the story or gameplay still holds up after a decade . What I'm worried about is Ranko Tsukigime since there's a certain Suda51 game that left me deflated and I don't want to be disappointed by his work yet again.

Yep, just have to play it and see. Telltale's Walking Dead was fine aside from the ending and S1E2, which still freaks me out... but it also involved

Larry getting his skull bashed in, and good riddance. I tried to be nice to him at every opportunity, but noooo... apparently I was in the minority with that choice, though.

Don't remember much of S2, it didn't really leave an impression.

Zero Time Dilemma was rather violent, but it was awesome. Danganronpa looks pretty interesting. Really odd, but interesting. The strong visual disconnect with these probably helps, though I do still get attached to characters.

Danganronpa is interesting, but it's also pretty brutal.  However it may be a bit more bearable because the game uses a hot pink for blood typically so it is easier to have a disconnect about the level of violence the game has, plus drawn characters vs. realistic characters can indeed change perceptions.  I haven't played ZTD yet, but have played 999 and VLR and those games are actually way more violent seeming than Danganronpa is.

I just checked my backlog and realized I own Shinovi Versus, not Estival Versus. Sorry about the mixup. Unless one of my disks turn out to be broken, this list

1. Dishonored
  3. Resonance of Fate
  9. Beyond Good & Evil HD
  10. Mass Effect

As for the games I'm looking forward to that would be Oreshika and BGE. Oreshika seems weird as it seems to revolve around breaking a family curse and something about gods; BGE has a fanbase waiting nearly a decade for a sequel, so I'm willing to see if the story or gameplay still holds up after a decade . What I'm worried about is Ranko Tsukigime since there's a certain Suda51 game that left me deflated and I don't want to be disappointed by his work yet again.

Yay, another person playing Resonance of Fate.  I swapped my position so we can play it at the same time, though I'm pretty open to adjusting as needed.

And after all this discussion I decided to stick Time and Eternity in the first slot.

@Hemiak

Is it allowed to put Heart of Stone in the list (The Witcher 3 expansion)

And what about 0% games already on your profile?

Since im getting my list together :)

0% games already on your profile are allowed because they aren't affecting your completion yet.  I am going to be including 2 myself.

1. Dishonored
  3. Resonance of Fate
  9. Beyond Good & Evil HD
  10. Mass Effect

Looks like I'll have at least 3 opinions to hear about El Shaddai :lol: . On a different note,  I just finished Shinovi Versus and it was a lot of fun,. I only ended up playing a chapter a day or so as it's the type of game that can get somewhat repetitive.

@Hemiak

Is it allowed to put Heart of Stone in the list (The Witcher 3 expansion)

And what about 0% games already on your profile?

Since im getting my list together :)

I'm not Hemiak, but I'll answer this anyway.

The expansion would be a no, as you already have progress in the base game of Witcher 3, and the expansion just complements the base game.

games with 0% already on the profile are allowed though.

• Like 1

Alright! Thanks to both of you

Here my list for this event

1. Rage (FPS, action-adventure)

2. Bioshock Infinite (FPS)

3. I Am Alive (action-adventure, survival)

4. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (FPS, action-adventure)

5. Thief (stealth)

6. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (adventure)

7. Chariot (platform)

8. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (adventure)

9. Proteus (open world) 

10. God of War Ascension (H&S, action-adventure)

Only ps3 game since my brother has PS4 for a bit

43.54% completion at start

Edited by ghostly-legend
  • Like 3

I remember playing Driver on PS1 (I assume that's the one you're talking about). I also remember it being quite tough and the controls a tad awkward. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

Yes, I was refering to the first one on PS1. It was tough but I didn't find the controls awkward.

Driver is awesome. It's a rare platinum bc of the MP, but they can be boosted - if the servers cooperate. The main story missions are a ton of fun. Best to let your sense of reality go with the storyline. It goes askew, but that works well for the game bc It allows a bunch of different options, which in turn, make the gaming much more playable. Characters are funny too. Enjoy!

That's cool to hear. I don't mind a wacky story as long as the gameplay is fun.

Well I'm basically done with gaming till this event starts. I've just platted Bastion so I'll be spending Sunday watching movies and popping the Gat Out Of Hell platinum on Monday which will bring my completion rate to 89.14%.

Also Hemiak, I was looking at your profile the other day and you don't own a PS4? Which means we won't be able to play Destiny together as I'll be playing it on PS4.

Well I'm basically done with gaming till this event starts. I've just platted Bastion so I'll be spending Sunday watching movies and popping the Gat Out Of Hell platinum on Monday which will bring my completion rate to 89.14%.

Also Hemiak, I was looking at your profile the other day and you don't own a PS4? Which means we won't be able to play Destiny together as I'll be playing it on PS4.

Yeah, that's what I'm basically trying to do now. I just need to plat Remember Me, and try to get as far as I can with HDN mk2 before I post my completion rate. I'm pretty sure I can guarantee that I can plat 2 games (Infamous 1 and Atelier Meruru) before the year's out.

Anyone else? 

I think I've more or less decided on a games list now

1. I Am Alive

2. Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2

3. Final Fantasy XII-2

4. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

5. El Shaddai/Velocity Ultra (depending on if I can find my El Shaddai disk)

6. Resident Evil 

7. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

8. Natural Doctrine

9. Yakuza 4

10. Deadly Tower of Monsters

• Like 3

Yeah, that's what I'm basically trying to do now. I just need to plat Remember Me, and try to get as far as I can with HDN mk2 before I post my completion rate. I'm pretty sure I can guarantee that I can plat 2 games (Infamous 1 and Atelier Meruru) before the year's out.

Anyone else? 

No more plats for me until the event starts, probably not even before it ends. Kind of only chipping away at Monster Monpiece, so there's a chance I finish it sometime during the event. There's still quite a bit of grinding to do though... Also ülaying through the story of Batman Arkham Origins, but have no intentions to subject myself to the dire Multiplayer.

Yep, just have to play it and see. Telltale's Walking Dead was fine aside from the ending and S1E2, which still freaks me out... but it also involved

Larry getting his skull bashed in, and good riddance. I tried to be nice to him at every opportunity, but noooo... apparently I was in the minority with that choice, though.

Don't remember much of S2, it didn't really leave an impression.

Zero Time Dilemma was rather violent, but it was awesome. Danganronpa looks pretty interesting. Really odd, but interesting. The strong visual disconnect with these probably helps, though I do still get attached to characters.

Danganronpa is interesting, but it's also pretty brutal.  However it may be a bit more bearable because the game uses a hot pink for blood typically so it is easier to have a disconnect about the level of violence the game has, plus drawn characters vs. realistic characters can indeed change perceptions.  I haven't played ZTD yet, but have played 999 and VLR and those games are actually way more violent seeming than Danganronpa is.

I'm eager to play Dangonronpa when it is released for the PS4 early next year. Unfortunately I don't own a Vita and I don't want to play them on PC.

Anyone else? 

I just recently finished Grim Fandango Remastered. Great adventure by the way.

I'm planing to play the third episode of Telltale's Batman befor the event but don't know if I play anything else besides that till the start of the event.

I allready prepeard my folder on PS4 with all the games for this event. This time I don't need to search them and won't start another game by accident (Looking at you NBA 2K16)

Yeah, no more plats for me before this starts, but I'm still going to be slowly chipping away at my last two games in the fall backlog challenge (Witch and the Hundred Knight and Trails of Cold Steel) alongside this.  Then once this is over I'll work on platting the games played here one by one.

I work from home, so the Vita is great for playing when things are slow at work since it can sit on my desk and it's just a button push to pause any game if I get a call in and my laptop is nearby for guides and such.  Work has been very slow as of late, so I've made great progress in the Vita backlog the past month and a half I've worked this job.

I'm probably going to try and load some games on PS3 tonight or tomorrow though, but I have a 12GB PS3, so I may only be able to load one with a large install (I know Xillia is a big one, and I'm guessing FFXII will be as well).

Edited by ladynadiad

I'm getting closer to the req posts =)

I made a Stealth change to the OP. I removed the post count and instead made it where you have to have been a member for at least a month, oe have premium membership, both of which are true for you. Go ahead and post your list whenever, you're obviously motivated enough to stay involved which is the only reason for the requirements anyway.

Sorry, at a bday party now so I'm not gonna address anything else atm.

Think I'm keeping my list as-is, so I'll load up nine of 'em on my profile sometime today. Too lazy to crawl under my desk and change/change back systems just to add Flame Over's trophy list.

May poke around in Lollipop Chainsaw, but I think I'm more likely to play Nintendo games for another event or take a bit of a break.

How's the gameplay? It looked like a bunch of random things thrown together - that was most of my "odd" comment.

As a random note, I'm most looking forward to your comments when this starts up. Most of your list is in my backlog. Hope you enjoy them!  :)

Still seems rough to hop around a bunch of RPGs three or so days at a time, though. Think I'd wind up restarting half of them afterwards.

.How's the gameplay? It looked like a bunch of random things thrown together - that was most of my "odd" comment.

As a random note, I'm most looking forward to your comments when this starts up. Most of your list is in my backlog. Hope you enjoy them!  :)

Still seems rough to hop around a bunch of RPGs three or so days at a time, though. Think I'd wind up restarting half of them afterwards.

The odder parts of the gameplay are elements of trials.  Most of the gameplay consists of exploring and investigating then a trial to determine who the murderer was.  The trial itself has some minigames in it that have the purpose of countering an argument or figuring something out.  In the first game about the only hard one is the summary at the end (first game is a bit confusing here, second is much smoother), in the second the hangman's gambit is weird, which is basically something used to figure out a potential clue.  Nothing too hard though and the trophies to win a trial with a good score are easy since the game has a chapter select option to just redo a trial.  If you've played Ace Attorney, the overall gameplay is similar, but darker and a bit more gimmicky.

And I don't think it's too rough to hop around a bunch of RPGs.  I plan to plat them all someday, so I figure this will give me an idea of which ones to tackle after I finish Witch and the Hundred Knight and Trails of Cold Steel.  I actually had no issues going back to Trails of Cold Steel when I last played it not long after its release in 2015.  Modern games are good about having some sort of summary present to give you an idea of where you are than older games were.

Edited by ladynadiad

May poke around in Lollipop Chainsaw, but I think I'm more likely to play Nintendo games for another event or take a bit of a break.

Hope you have a good time with Lollipop. The battle mechanics are quite simple but still fun. And all those references for the bosses were also quite nice.

And don't remind me of those Retro-events. Still have to continue  playing Wild Arms 2 but don't feel like it.

I made a Stealth change to the OP. I removed the post count and instead made it where you have to have been a member for at least a month, oe have premium membership, both of which are true for you. Go ahead and post your list whenever, you're obviously motivated enough to stay involved which is the only reason for the requirements anyway.

Sorry, at a bday party now so I'm not gonna address anything else atm.

You know, I think I actually wrote some news story replies just so I'd have enough posts to join your previous event :-) Ah, those were the days...

The odder parts of the gameplay are elements of trials.  Most of the gameplay consists of exploring and investigating then a trial to determine who the murderer was.  The trial itself has some minigames in it that have the purpose of countering an argument or figuring something out.  In the first game about the only hard one is the summary at the end (first game is a bit confusing here, second is much smoother), in the second the hangman's gambit is weird, which is basically something used to figure out a potential clue.  Nothing too hard though and the trophies to win a trial with a good score are easy since the game has a chapter select option to just redo a trial.  If you've played Ace Attorney, the overall gameplay is similar, but darker and a bit more gimmicky.

And I don't think it's too rough to hop around a bunch of RPGs.  I plan to plat them all someday, so I figure this will give me an idea of which ones to tackle after I finish Witch and the Hundred Knight and Trails of Cold Steel.  I actually had no issues going back to Trails of Cold Steel when I last played it not long after its release in 2015.  Modern games are good about having some sort of summary present to give you an idea of where you are than older games were.

Good to hear, thanks! I'll have to pick the first one up sometime.

Think the video I saw was of 2 and had some kind of racing minigame. Seemed pretty out of place.

True, they have gotten a lot better about helping you keep track of where you last were. I still tend to prefer to focus on one at a time, but that's just me. Testing them out's a good plan.

Hope you have a good time with Lollipop. The battle mechanics are quite simple but still fun. And all those references for the bosses were also quite nice.

And don't remind me of those Retro-events. Still have to continue  playing Wild Arms 2 but don't feel like it.

Thanks. Haven't gotten very far, but the combat seems like it'll be really fun once I get a few upgrades.

Sorry.  :P

Thanks. Haven't gotten very far, but the combat seems like it'll be really fun once I get a few upgrades.

Sorry.  :P

It takes some time until you have enough upgrades to get some fluid combos. The prologue and the first two levels were a small struggle for me but once I was in the third level it became much easier 

I don't believe that this is an honest apologize. :P