Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

Well, since my parcel has not even been dispatched yet and the weekend is around the corner, odds are that it won't arrive in time. So I'm going to just rearrange my current list a bit and stick with that. (sorry Hem, putting you back to work xD )

1. 101 Ways to Die (PS4 - Puzzle-platformer)
  2. Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition (PS4 - Action RPG)
  3. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (PS4 - Fighter)
  4. Battle Princess of Arcadias (PS3 - Action RPG ?)
  5. Need for Speed Rivals (PS4 - Racer) - with FilmFanatic
  6. Trine Enchanted Edition (PS4 - Puzzle-platformer)
  7. Costume Quest 2 (PS3 - Action RPG ?)
  8. Killzone HD (PS3 - FPS)
  9. Letter Quest Remastered (PS4 - Puzzle RPG ?) -  with BillyHorrible and XX_FTW
  10. Soulcalibur II HD Online (PS3 - Fighter)

To be honest I thought I had more variety in game genres. Turns out I ended up with a several RPGs and puzzle games, oh well xD .

Anyone have a particular game in their list they're looking forward to or one they have somewhat low expectations for?

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

To be honest I thought I had more variety in game genres. Turns out I ended up with a several RPGs and puzzle games, oh well xD .

Anyone have a particular game in their list they're looking forward to or one they have somewhat low expectations for?

Still looks like a good list, though. Hope you enjoy it!

SSX is probably most appealing at the moment, between playing tons of SSX3 in the past and it being highly different from what I've been playing lately. I'm most doubtful of Heavy Rain and won't be shocked if I play the minimum and drop it.

Hoping everything on my list winds up being enjoyable on some level, though. :)

Still looks like a good list, though. Hope you enjoy it!

SSX is probably most appealing at the moment, between playing tons of SSX3 in the past and it being highly different from what I've been playing lately. I'm most doubtful of Heavy Rain and won't be shocked if I play the minimum and drop it.

Hoping everything on my list winds up being enjoyable on some level, though. :)

The only snowboarding game I ever played was on PS1. I can't even remember it's name, just that I was bad at it :P .

Personally I'm most looking forward to Letter Quest. It seems to have a really cool idea and I enjoy scrabble and word finding games etc

I'm sort of in two minds about Soulcalibur II, I played one of the series on the Dreamcast I think, again no idea which one... wasn't really my cup of tea as I grew up with SF, MK and KoF fighting games which I enjoyed way more.

I just keep editing my list on the first page. Lol. Should I be reposting it? And probably Mad Max. I did just buy it, so yeah.. But I think it will be similar to RAGE, and I absolutely loved every minute of that game. But most of the things on my list, I actually want to play. I just kept putting them off, in favor of newer(and easier to complete) things. The desire to earn Plats is too strong in me. ^^' Jak II is the exception, that may make me hang myself. :P

I'm most doubtful of Heavy Rain and won't be shocked if I play the minimum and drop it.

Well, I sincerely hope not. The reveal of the killer needs to be seen. Not a fan of adventure games? 

I just keep editing my list on the first page. Lol. Should I be reposting it? And probably Mad Max. I did just buy it, so yeah.. But I think it will be similar to RAGE, and I absolutely loved every minute of that game. But most of the things on my list, I actually want to play. I just kept putting them off, in favor of newer(and easier to complete) things. The desire to earn Plats is too strong in me. ^^' Jak II is the exception, that may make me hang myself. :P

Well, I sincerely hope not. The reveal of the killer needs to be seen. Not a fan of adventure games? 

I just reposted it, as I figured Hem would be more likely to see it when the notifications for the thread come in :lol: .

Rage I thought was quite underrated,as I too enjoyed what I played of it. I haven't finished it though, so I might end up changing my mind about it at some point.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Fifty? We didn't quote you THAT much! Are you following this thread or something? Because that's your own damn fault :D

Duplicate games tend to happen if people play alongside each other :)

Yes I am following this thread. I want to know when there is something new :D

I ment to not line my games up with other people besides the two with you.

I want to play Wokfenstein because the other one was great and the only game from the last event I plated (so far). I put it last on purpose though.

Since Rach seems to not join this even and I chose Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment because of her I'm replacing it wit Sword Art Online: Lost Song as I want to play that one more than the other. So my final list wil be:

• LA Cops
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Valiant Hearts
  • Furi
  • The Unfinieshed Swan
  • Unravel
  • Sword Art Online: Lost Song
  • The Legend of Korra
  • Lumo
  • Wofenstein: The Old Blood

The only snowboarding game I ever played was on PS1. I can't even remember it's name, just that I was bad at it :P .

Personally I'm most looking forward to Letter Quest. It seems to have a really cool idea and I enjoy scrabble and word finding games etc

I'm sort of in two minds about Soulcalibur II, I played one of the series on the Dreamcast I think, again no idea which one... wasn't really my cup of tea as I grew up with SF, MK and KoF fighting games which I enjoyed way more.

Happen to remember how realistic it was? Kind of seems like the closer to reality a sports game is, the harder it is to just pick up.

Wait... it just sunk in. What's Soulcalibur II doing on PS3, I played that on Gamecube. :blink:

Letter Quest is promising. 94% rating on Steam's a good sign, too - suggests it's well put together and doesn't have major flaws, at least.

There's always the glitch to avoid some of the worst stuff in Jak, at least.  :P

Love mysteries, neutral on adventure games, just can't always handle dark/depressing stuff well.

Nice to see another banger, ol' Hemmy boy. 9 pages in 3 days is pretty badass. B)

Good luck to new and returning participants. Have fun! :)

Still time for you to join us, unless you've run out of move games. You're the only one who is fearless enough to subject yourself to them  :P

I want to play Wokfenstein because the other one was great and the only game from the last event I plated (so far). I put it last on purpose though.

I still have all 3 in my backlog. Only played a couple of hours of the new order and those were great.

Happen to remember how realistic it was? Kind of seems like the closer to reality a sports game is, the harder it is to just pick up.

Wait... it just sunk in. What's Soulcalibur II doing on PS3, I played that on Gamecube. :blink:

Letter Quest is promising. 94% rating on Steam's a good sign, too - suggests it's well put together and doesn't have major flaws, at least.

It was mostly doing tricks on snowy half-pipes I think. Which is something that probably all of them have to some degree, so that information might not be very helpful :lol: . That's what I was wondering, and thus picked it up in a sale. Can't be as bad as some other games I played, so I thought it might be worth the risk.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

(sorry Hem, putting you back to work xD )

Day is never finiiiiiished. Master's got me workiiiiin'. :D (Anyone?)

I'm actually pretty excited about my list. Probably the one I'm least excited for is Murdered, but I think my wife will enjoy it. It doesn't look bad, just not as good as the rest of the list.

My list isn't quite as eclectic as the first event, but I'm happy about it none the less. I also decided not to start Origins for the event, but I might shoot to get some mp in like others said.

Also: I noticed two other people are playing two of my games, but don't remember who at the moment.

Someone as playing South Park TSOT, and someone else is playing Geometry Wars 3. I'm playing them in slot 2 and 10 respectively. If they want to pair up I'm good with it, if not that's perfect fine too.

Edited by Hemiak

It was mostly doing tricks on snowy half-pipes I think. Which is something that probably all of them have to some degree, so that information might not be very helpful :lol: . That's what I was wondering, and thus picked it up in a sale. Can't be as bad as some other games I played, so I thought it might be worth the risk.

https://youtu.be/KCPZBqwrykY?t=40

Maybe I should have gone with "were you doing things remotely possible?".  :P

Certainly doesn't hurt to try something different now and then.

I just reposted it, as I figured Hem would be more likely to see it when the notifications for the thread come in :lol: .

Rage I thought was quite underrated,as I too enjoyed what I played of it. I haven't finished it though, so I might end up changing my mind about it at some point.

xD I guess that's a good probability. 

Some of the best money I ever spent, in my opinion. Hope we get a sequel someday. The DLC was great, too. 

There's always the glitch to avoid some of the worst stuff in Jak, at least.  :P

Love mysteries, neutral on adventure games, just can't always handle dark/depressing stuff well.

That will certainly help, haha. 

Ah. Yeah, it's kind of a messed up start. :(

That will certainly help, haha. 

Ah. Yeah, it's kind of a messed up start. :(

Quite. It seems like everyone says the races are terrible, so hopefully the rest of the game is good.

Yeah, I've heard the start is pretty rough. Haven't written it off or anything, just a little hesitant.  :dunno:

I decided to ditch God of War 3 and replace the free slot with Dirt 3. I'm more in the racing mood lately and I hope this game gives me the fix I need.

The list now looks like this:

1. Badland (Vita)
  2. Trine (PS3)
  3. Driver San Fransicso (PS3)
  4. Doki-Doki Universe (Vita)
  5. Derrick the Deathfin (PS3)
  6. Killer Is Dead (PS3)
  7. Worms 2: Armageddon (PS3)
  8. Dirt 3 (PS3)
  9. FEZ (Vita)
  10. Tales of Graces f (PS3)

The game I'm most interested to start playing are Driver San Francisco. The only Driver I played was the first one and even though some missions were quite tough it was a lot of fun to cruise through Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York. But I'm also eager to play Tales of as I somehow feel the interest to finally play a JRPG again but I don't know which and I have the feeling that Graces might be the right one.

Low expectations? Don't know but I have some mixed feelings about all those puzzle(-platformers) I added to my list (Badlands, Derrick, Doki-Doki, Fez).Barely know anything about them. xD

Quite offtopic, but:

Today I also decided to give the multiplayer of Batman: Arkham Origins a go and hell no, I better live with another unobtainable plat than playing a TPS-multiplayer. I really suck at these kinds of things and it's no fun at all for me.  :|

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

So, this is what my list is currently looking like:

1. Dishonored(with Mendant909)

2. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD(with MStalker58)

3. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny(with ladynadiad)

4. Furi(with with BillyHorrible, Danny_Johansen and MarkusT1992)

5. Muramasa Rebirth(with ladynadiad)

6. Jak II(with Sylaris)

7. Shadow of the Colossus(with XX_FTW)

8. Hyperdevotion Noire

9. Puppeteer

10. Mad Max(with Hourisathand?)

Possibly only 2 games I'm flying solo with.  :lol:

Yeah, I've heard the start is pretty rough. Haven't written it off or anything, just a little hesitant.   :dunno:

Well, hopefully, it's not too rough on you. I could handle it, but I watch and play stuff like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Danganronpa. I'd steer clear of those. ^^'

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 2

Someday master set me free!

Updated my list to add Dirt 3. I just bought Blood of the Werewolf and Castlevania: Harmony of Despair from the current sale. Thought about trying to squeeze one of those in but couldn't find anything I really want to remove so this will probably be my final list.

1. Yakuza 5
  2. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee 
  3. Super Stardust HD
  4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
  5. LittleBigPlanet 3
  6. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  7. Spelunker HD
  8. Dirt 3
  9. Watch Dogs
  10. Remember Me

As for my most anticipated game, probably Dirt 3 just for the multiplayer action with some other event members. Other than that, the rest are all about the same. Guess if I was dying to play any of them, they wouldn't have been in my backlog. I was going to play Yakuza 5 next anyways so maybe that as well. Don't really have low expectations for any either. Not sure about Super Stardust and I've heard Munch's Oddysee is the worst of the Oddworld games, but still looking forward to them.

• Like 3

I'm actually pretty excited about my list. Probably the one I'm least excited for is Murdered, but I think my wife will enjoy it. It doesn't look bad, just not as good as the rest of the list.

My list isn't quite as eclectic as the first event, but I'm happy about it none the less. I also decided not to start Origins for the event, but I might shoot to get some mp in like others said.

No idea where the reference is from. Someone here will probably recognise it though.

Curious about your opinion on El Shaddai (as well as Edunstar's), as I picked up that game recently. Hoping it's not terrible, as I paid more for it then I would have liked, but couldn't find it anywhere else for a cheaper price at the time.

https://youtu.be/KCPZBqwrykY?t=40

Maybe I should have gone with "were you doing things remotely possible?".  :P

Certainly doesn't hurt to try something different now and then.

Nothing like that lol. it was way more simplistic, in a plain white ski setting.

The game I'm most interested to start playing are Driver San Francisco. The only Driver I played was the first one and even though some missions were quite tough it was a lot of fun to cruise through Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York. But I'm also eager to play Tales of as I somehow feel the interest to finally play a JRPG again but I don't know which and I have the feeling that Graces might be the right one.

Low expectations? Don't know but I have some mixed feelings about all those puzzle(-platformers) I added to my list (Badlands, Derrick, Doki-Doki, Fez).Barely know anything about them. xD

Quite offtopic, but:

Today I also decided to give the multiplayer of Batman: Arkham Origins a go and hell no, I better live with another unobtainable plat than playing a TPS-multiplayer. I really suck at these kinds of things and it's no fun at all for me.  :|

I remember playing Driver on PS1 (I assume that's the one you're talking about). I also remember it being quite tough and the controls a tad awkward. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

As for my most anticipated game, probably Dirt 3 just for the multiplayer action with some other event members. Other than that, the rest are all about the same. Guess if I was dying to play any of them, they wouldn't have been in my backlog. I was going to play Yakuza 5 next anyways so maybe that as well. Don't really have low expectations for any either. Not sure about Super Stardust and I've heard Munch's Oddysee is the worst of the Oddworld games, but still looking forward to them.

I still have all the Yakuza that released on PS3 in my backlog as well, I may include them in a few years time maybe, for another event like this :lol: .

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I admit I'm also curious about the opinions on El Shaddai since I have it (though on 360).

Of my games, I'm probably most excited for Resonance of Fate and Time and Eternity.  While I don't always hear good things about Time and Eternity, it's got gorgeous hand drawn art so at least it will be some eye candy, but I have a feeling that I'm going to like it despite the fact that many don't.  I'm a weirdo who tends to like underappreciated games and a game being mediocre doesn't affect my ability to enjoy it as long as its engaging enough to get into.  My bad reviews go to bug riddled, unplayable messes that devs won't fix, which tends to exist only on PC.  Anything beyond that I typically can find something to enjoy.

Consider that a warning, I'm a person who looks to the silver lining on games and likely most of my reviews will be positive unless one of my games frustrates the hell out of me from the start.

Edited by ladynadiad

I admit I'm also curious about the opinions on El Shaddai since I have it (though on 360).

Of my games, I'm probably most excited for Resonance of Fate and Time and Eternity.  While I don't always hear good things about Time and Eternity, it's got gorgeous hand drawn art so at least it will be some eye candy, but I have a feeling that I'm going to like it despite the fact that many don't.  I'm a weirdo who tends to like underappreciated games and a game being mediocre doesn't affect my ability to enjoy it as long as its engaging enough to get into.  My bad reviews go to bug riddled, unplayable messes that devs won't fix, which tends to exist only on PC.  Anything beyond that I typically can find something to enjoy.

Consider that a warning, I'm a person who looks to the silver lining on games and likely most of my reviews will be positive unless one of my games frustrates the hell out of me from the start.

I just recently bought Time and Eternity (still waiting for it to arrive). It's not supposed to be that good from what I've heard and read, but neither was Last Rebellion supposed to be. Which I thought was alright, granted it wasn't on the same level as the Tales, Atelier, or other more polished games, but it was still better than it was made out to be. Then again, opinions are always subjective in the end  :dunno:..

I just recently bought Time and Eternity (still waiting for it to arrive). It's not supposed to be that good from what I've heard and read, but neither was Last Rebellion supposed to be. Which I thought was alright, granted it wasn't on the same level as the Tales, Atelier, or other more polished games, but it was still better than it was made out to be. Then again, opinions are always subjective in the end  :dunno:..

I finished Last Rebellion recently as well and enjoyed it.  Yeah, not the best game ever, but it was an enjoyable 15 hours.  I think it being short is a good part of the hate and Time and Eternity is supposed to be short as well since the trophy guide says 38 hours and 2 playthroughs.

I think a big part of it may be that people equate being long with being good, especially with RPGs. Plus with consoles having more standardized pricing for retail releases, it's very possible for a short game t disappoint due to someone not feeling they got their money's worth.  That's why I also play on Steam because I do enjoy some short casual games at times and on Steam they are priced much more fairly.

• Like 1

I decided to ditch God of War 3 and replace the free slot with Dirt 3. I'm more in the racing mood lately and I hope this game gives me the fix I need.

The list now looks like this:

Quite offtopic, but:

Driver is awesome. It's a rare platinum bc of the MP, but they can be boosted - if the servers cooperate. The main story missions are a ton of fun. Best to let your sense of reality go with the storyline. It goes askew, but that works well for the game bc It allows a bunch of different options, which in turn, make the gaming much more playable. Characters are funny too. Enjoy!

I just recently bought Time and Eternity (still waiting for it to arrive). It's not supposed to be that good from what I've heard and read, but neither was Last Rebellion supposed to be. Which I thought was alright, granted it wasn't on the same level as the Tales, Atelier, or other more polished games, but it was still better than it was made out to be. Then again, opinions are always subjective in the end  :dunno:.

It warms my heart to see people giving Time & Eternity a chance. :wub:  If nothing else, you can join this Project Platinum, if you're not already in it: No Refunds! :P But It is no way, shape, or form the almost worst game ever made, as the reviews seem to imply, in my opinion. I enjoyed it. I tend to like a lot more than the average person, too, though.  xD

ok, so have had a chance to go through my backlog a bit and what other people have lined up so far...here's the 100%-almost-for-sure list (feel free to add to op please and thanks)...i wanted to play as few games as other people while maintaining variety...i'm not very clever with all the timing stuff so i will go through my list in alpabetical order:

1- batman arkham origins : blackgate

2- beyond two souls

3- darksiders 1

4- infamous 2

5- killer is dead (there was a vote earlier that i play this so will be the only one i do that others have also included so far)

6- one piece : pirate warriors 1

7- payday 2

8- saint's row : gat out of hell

9- star wars : the force unleashed 2

10- the saboteur

also just a note for those on daylight savings time the date we roll back our clocks will be the first day of this event, november 1st, so yay! this means we get 3 hours of sleep instead of 4...looking forward to the start of the event (will start loading games onto my console tonight)...expect lots of ellipsis...consider me the not-so-intelligent guy you talk with whose every sentence you can anticipate because he talks so damn slow and perhaps you'll understand why they're necessary...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 4

... well, I just returned from getting a dog :)

He's just sleeping over now but if my wife's allergies don't act up then it's possible he can stay...

... damnit, what was my list again?

My highest hopes are for The Deadly Tower Of Monsters. Many people have been claiming after release Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was dull so now for me it's probably better than expected. Lowest expectations are for DiRT 3 and Letter Quest Remastered.

Edited because I was apparently already sleeping and did not notice I kept the full game list in my post after copying it so I could see what I was playing while I was typing.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Well, hopefully, it's not too rough on you. I could handle it, but I watch and play stuff like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Danganronpa. I'd steer clear of those. ^^'

Yep, just have to play it and see. Telltale's Walking Dead was fine aside from the ending and S1E2, which still freaks me out... but it also involved

Larry getting his skull bashed in, and good riddance. I tried to be nice to him at every opportunity, but noooo... apparently I was in the minority with that choice, though.

Don't remember much of S2, it didn't really leave an impression.

Zero Time Dilemma was rather violent, but it was awesome. Danganronpa looks pretty interesting. Really odd, but interesting. The strong visual disconnect with these probably helps, though I do still get attached to characters.