Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

The Tomorrow Children has been released and it's free to play. Is that something someone would want to play for the event, to be able to tell others if it's worth it?

From what I've seen and read it has a somewhat minecrafty/ feel to it, which by itself is already reason enough for me not wanting to touch it. Doesn't mean others might not enjoy it, but it's definitely not something I''d be willing to play even for free.

From what I've seen and read it has a somewhat minecrafty/ feel to it, which by itself is already reason enough for me not wanting to touch it. Doesn't mean others might not enjoy it, but it's definitely not something I''d be willing to play even for free.

I have to admit I know nothing about the title except for having seen a few screenshots and a very little bit of gameplay... I do not like Minecraft at all.

I have to admit I know nothing about the title except for having seen a few screenshots and a very little bit of gameplay... I do not like Minecraft at all.

It's a busy-work game. Gather items very slowly / poor combat with enemies / carry 3 items a time to bus stop,because who need more than 3 inventory slots and stackable items / place items in bus that apparently has a specific time to drive past / ride bus in unskippable scene, unless you missed it, then it's wait for bus / take out each item and carry it to the stockpile / build and craft something.

That's the gameplay loop.

The woes of having a 12 GB PS3 and not being able to afford to expand it yet.

Luckily for you it seems to suffice for the genre you seem to like most. That's the advantage of Japanese games, there's rarely the need for patches, while a lot of AAA western titles would need more storage space just for those patches :lol:.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Well, now that you mention USB sticks, can they be used with the PS3 as additional space?  I have a 8GB one lying around and that would be enough to install Ateiler Rorona and Tales of Xillia since I only need about 4GB for both.  And yeah, a 12 GB hard drive is very small, especially when you have a game with a huge install like Time and Eternity (it took about 4.5GB) and the system software itself, plus formatting leaves me with about 8GB to work with.  That and me only having a 4GB memory card for my Vita is why I didn't bother with PS+.  I can only do small digital games.

I don't believe so. Haven't tried it, though. If you lived next door, I'd throw the old one at you. :P Not doing me any good, sitting in the new one's box.. I think you'd still have to get one of these, though, unless I'm mistaken: Hard Drive Caddy. The 12 GB model doesn't have an actual hard drive in it, I don't think. And thus, not the thing that holds it in place, either.. 

I started with a 4 GB Vita card, but bought an 8 GB for $10 on Black Friday. Suits my needs well enough. Biggest Vita games are still under 4 GB, so I can download, Plat, and delete it. Those things are way too expensive for me to upgrade any further. 

Well, now that you mention USB sticks, can they be used with the PS3 as additional space? And yeah, a 12 GB hard drive is very small.

you could back up saves to the USB but no, you can't put ps3 games on there and play them that way. And 12gb? I thought 20 was the lowest they ever made. I had a 60gb before it bricked and a 160 now, and I had to go on a major cleanup spree last night to get stuff loaded up. I was at like 3gb free before I started downloading stuff.

RIP Resonance of Fate 7.5 gb, The Book of Unwritten Tales 7gb, my UC3 game data (4gb of patches seriously?) and about 15 smaller games.

I'm actually going to change my list order around a bit because I just realized that all my physical games are at the start. I'll move Murdered way up and hopefully be able to finish and delete it before reaching the end. 10gb for an 8hr Plat? Wth?

oke!! Gonna make my list ^~^ it's harder then I thought,

Hope you had a nice bday party

Sounds good. And I didn't. :( I really don't like the kid that invited my kids and his parents are pretty annoying too. At least I got some free pizza out of it. :D

The Tomorrow Children has been released and it's free to play. Is that something someone would want to play for the event,

It's a busy-work game. Gather items very slowly / poor combat with enemies / carry 3 items a time to bus stop,because who need more than 3 inventory slots and stackable items / place items in bus that apparently has a specific time to drive past / ride bus in unskippable scene, unless you missed it, then it's wait for bus / take out each item and carry it to the stockpile / build and craft something.

That sounds absolutely horrendous. I think I'll pass on that.... Experience. Edited by Hemiak

you could back up saves to the USB but no, you can't put ps3 games on there and play them that way. And 12gb? I thought 20 was the lowest they ever made. I had a 60gb before it bricked and a 160 now, and I had to go on a major cleanup spree last night to get stuff loaded up. I was at like 3gb free before I started downloading stuff.

The new Super Slim models came in 12, 250, and 500 GB forms. 

Since we are getting close to the start of the event, just wanted to post a friendly reminder especially to the newcomers. When you post your thoughts/impressions/comment on your games, please please please mention the name of your game each time you post. I love reading everyone's reviews but with so many people participating and each person playing 10 games, it's impossible to keep track of who is playing what and when. So, even if you've already posted several times on your game, please include the name each time to help some of us with crappy memories out.  :)

Guess I should start downloading Yakuza 5 today. Remember seeing it was a large file so I'll probably need to clean up some space for it and other games. Also, not doing much trophy-wise myself until the event starts. Going to finish off the 100% in Castlevania: Mirror of Fate for Rach's Halloween event tomorrow. Other than that, just messing around with Resident Evil and Gran Turismo 6 but not expecting many trophies from those in the next couple of days.

• Like 4

Guess I should start downloading Yakuza 5 today. Remember seeing it was a large file so I'll probably need to clean up some space for it and other games. Also, not doing much trophy-wise myself until the event starts. Going to finish off the 100% in Castlevania: Mirror of Fate for Rach's Halloween event tomorrow. Other than that, just messing around with Resident Evil and Gran Turismo 6 but not expecting many trophies from those in the next couple of days.

Now that you mention it, that's a massive download. Sucks that the Playstation systems have a capped download speed.

-_-

Also I deleted The Playroom VR today so I dhould have enough space available for the new games. PS3 space might prove challenging and I'm very glad that I can play the Vita games on PS4.

Glad I patched things ahead of time...  Saints Row and Naruto were especially slow, and Heavy Rain wasn't far behind.

Have everything but Flame Over installed, updated, and at 0% on my list now. Can't wait to start!

Someone messaged me about boosting TLoU's multiplayer, so that's the only thing I have planned before this.

First trophy in the game nearly three years after getting and starting it...

I find it somehow funny to read how many have problems with the total size of their games. I myself have a George Foreman grill aka PS3 Super Slim with 12GB but still have no problems due to the 1TB HDD I inserted. PS4 also has 1TB and 64GB for the Vita are more than enough.

Don't know if I will earn any trophies before the event but there might be some from Bears Can't Drift or I might play one of those Sega Classics on PS3 for nostalgia reasons, most likely Streets of Rage 2. 

RIP Resonance of Fate 7.5 gb, The Book of Unwritten Tales 7gb, my UC3 game data (4gb of patches seriously?) and about 15 smaller games.

I don't know if it's still sold, but back in 2014 when I got my PS3, there was a 12 GB model sold for $199.99 when the model with the smallest hard drive otherwise was still going for at least $100 more.  It was obviously made to compete with the 4GB Xbox 360 that was running for the same price (Xbox 360 games rarely require installs so less space is needed).  The idea of it is to get someone to buy the console and get them started on playing games and they can always upgrade the storage later.  Of course it doesn't work for every type of gamer, but it's pretty rare I run into issues.  I just happened to pick a few games that had installs.  I could have also reworked the listing to remove Ateiler Rorona and Tales of Xillia easily enough, but I do think I can make it work if I put those games at the end of the event instead.

Now that you mention it, that's a massive download. Sucks that the Playstation systems have a capped download speed.

The download appears to be 23 GB so needed 46 GB of free space to download and install it. Had to delete a few things but it's started now. Not sure if there are any patches but I've read it takes an additional hour or so to install once you load the game. 

I'd like to join you all in murdering my completion, I followed parts of the last thread and it looks like a fun way to try out some sale / PS+ games I might never get around to otherwise.

This is the list I'm thinking of:

•  
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Journey
  • Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Letter Quest Remastered
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Walking Dead S2
  • Last of Us Remastered
  • Deadly Tower of Monsters

Looks like a nice list. Only played one of those games so far (Prince of Persia) and it was a nice game even though the beginning is a bit lackluster. I'm also looking forward to here what someone else is thinking before I tackle Tales of.

If I'm not mistaken your slots for Letter Quest and Deadly Towers fits the ones of those co-play sessions (Billy, post your list as it's a good overview about those sessions :P )

PIZZAAA !!!!!!!! 

Ok I got distracted.. but that's not cool then.. =( 

But my list, (not ordered) 

@ladynadiad maybe we can play atelier together ;)

• Atelier Rorona (ps3)
  • Persona 4 Golden  (ps vita)
  • God Eater Resurrection (ps4)
  • Uncharted 4 (ps4)
  • Sword art online lost song hollow realization (ps4)
  • Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness (ps4)
  • Odin Sphere (ps4)
  • One Piece unlimited world red (ps3)
  • Batman, Arkham city (ps3)
  • Drakengard 3 (ps3)
any thoughts ? =)

Why does everyone want to play that horrible Atelier Rorona?  :unsure: 

And I wonder what you want to play. SAO Lost Song OR Hollow Realization? You might want to check what MarkusT1992 plays so you might be able to play simultaneous. And another suggestion:

You might want to rearrange Odin Sphere so you play it at the same time as DamagingRob is playing Muramasa Rebirth. Both are different games but play quite similar as they are from the same dev.

Edited by Crimson Idol

@Crimson Idol: I loved Tales of Graces, and felt the Xillia games were kind of meh. There's no telling how you'll feel, though. Opinions vary wildly on favorites in the series(mine's Abyss).

I know that many of them are controversial and that opinions differ quite much. For me Xillia was an overwhelming experience and I really enjoyed it. But one other game that's liked by many (Hearts R) was one of the worst games I played. But my experience regarding Tales is rather limited. The only other game I played was the first one: Phantasia.

I guess this is what makes the series so interesting.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Yeah, that's fine. Weekend will indeed be best to manage time zones. I'll put it down as slot 5 then.

I might be mixing them up, but I think either Project Cars or The Crew was considered a fairly poor game. Generally speaking that is. I wouldn't know as I haven't played either. My go to racing game tends to be from the Need for Speed franchise, although it's not really a genre I play often.

I think you mean The Crew. The Crew is this mmo like game with a huge open world.

Project Cars is a race simulation like game with many different cars like Formula 1 and Cart Racers.

I find it somehow funny to read how many have problems with the total size of their games. I myself have a George Foreman grill aka PS3 Super Slim with 12GB but still have no problems due to the 1TB HDD I inserted. PS4 also has 1TB and 64GB for the Vita are more than enough.

Don't know if I will earn any trophies before the event but there might be some from Bears Can't Drift or I might play one of those Sega Classics on PS3 for nostalgia reasons, most likely Streets of Rage 2. 

I decided early this year to buy a 2TB HDD for my PS4 because 500GB is nothing nowadays. I'm currently at 230 GB free space so it's not much left.

• Atelier Rorona (ps3)
  • Uncharted 4 (ps4)
  • Odin Sphere (ps4)
  • Drakengard 3 (ps3)

any thoughts ? =) 

I'm playing Sword Art Online: Lost Song as #7. If you want to play at the same time go ahead.

Person 4 Golden is a port of the PS2 Persona 4, isn't it. That's a very great game but prepear for very long dialogues.

I'd like to join you all in murdering my completion, I followed parts of the last thread and it looks like a fun way to try out some sale / PS+ games I might never get around to otherwise.

This is the list I'm thinking of:

• Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Journey
  • Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Letter Quest Remastered
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Walking Dead S2
  • Last of Us Remastered
  • Deadly Tower of Monsters

I'm playing all my games alongside others, if you want you can join in. I'm playing two games on your list: Deadly Tower on spot 10 and Letter Quest on spot 9.

If I'm not mistaken your slots for Letter Quest and Deadly Towers fits the ones of those co-play sessions (Billy, post your list as it's a good overview about those sessions :P )

Yeah I already started a multiquote when I was reading through the posts and saw the list :-) not bothering with finding a quote of myself though, it's in the OP and I'm on my phone as well as tired.

I'll repost the updated list again, as I ended up making some changes in the order of the games.

1. 101 Ways to Die (PS4 - Puzzle-platformer)
  2. Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition (PS4 - Action RPG)
  3. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (PS4 - Fighter)
  4. Battle Princess of Arcadias (PS3 - Action RPG ?)
  5. Need for Speed Rivals (PS4 - Racer) - with FilmFanatic
  6. Trine Enchanted Edition (PS4 - Puzzle-platformer)
  7. Costume Quest 2 (PS3 - Action RPG ?)
  8. Killzone HD (PS3 - FPS)
  9. Letter Quest Remastered (PS4 - Puzzle RPG ?) -  with BillyHorrible and XX_FTW
  10. Soulcalibur II HD Online (PS3 - Fighter)

This should be the final version of it.

• Like 3

I know that many of them are controversial and that opinions differ quite much. For me Xillia was an overwhelming experience and I really enjoyed it. But one other game that's liked by many (Hearts R) was one of the worst games I played. But my experience regarding Tales is rather limited. The only other game I played was the first one: Phantasia.

I guess this is what makes the series so interesting.

Well, that tells me our taste in games is incredibly different because I think Tales of Hearts R is the best in the series that I've played so far, and I've played more of the series.  I know my opinion doesn't match the average fan of the series because I actually think little of Symphonia and Vesperia, which are two games that most of the fans seem to think are the best ever, but our opinions clashing a lot does tell me to take your comment about Ateiler Rorona with a grain of salt because our tastes are so different.  Though my reason for picking it is because I was told it's a good idea to play the games in order and that one comes first.

PIZZAAA !!!!!!!! 

Ok I got distracted.. but that's not cool then.. =( 

But my list, (not ordered) 

• Atelier Rorona (ps3)
  • Uncharted 4 (ps4)
  • Odin Sphere (ps4)
  • Drakengard 3 (ps3)

any thoughts ? =) 

I'd be cool with playing Ateiler Rorona at the same time, but I do need it closer to the end since I'm going to need to finish a currently installed game to make some room for installing it.  With a few weeks I should be able to finish The Witch and the Hundred Knight and when I can delete it from my PS3 I'll be able to install another game.  I put it at #9 since it's a smaller install than Xillia, so I don't mind deleting and installing again later.

I would like to mention though that I have a friend who is playing Drakengard 3 and has been cursing a lot at the game, and I don't think they are as much of a completionist as I can be, which gives the impression the game is pretty hard.  Of course I've not personally played it so feel free to take that with a grain of salt.