Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

Looks like a nice list. Only played one of those games so far (Prince of Persia) and it was a nice game even though the beginning is a bit lackluster. I'm also looking forward to here what someone else is thinking before I tackle Tales of.

I've somehow never played a Prince of Persia game before so it should definitely be interesting.  The various Tales games really seem to divide opinion; I had a great time with Xillia, but hopefully that doesn't mean I have the opposite of DamagingRob's preferences and will end up disliking Graces.

I'm playing all my games alongside others, if you want you can join in. I'm playing two games on your list: Deadly Tower on spot 10 and Letter Quest on spot 9.

I put Deadly Tower in slot 10 for that reason, should be fun. :)   Letter Quest was harder, it's a good fit for a weekday block for me because I'll have much less time to play than at weekends.

Edited by Fitzquaid
  • Like 1

Well, that tells me our taste in games is incredibly different because I think Tales of Hearts R is the best in the series that I've played so far, and I've played more of the series.  I know my opinion doesn't match the average fan of the series because I actually think little of Symphonia and Vesperia, which are two games that most of the fans seem to think are the best ever, but our opinions clashing a lot does tell me to take your comment about Ateiler Rorona with a grain of salt because our tastes are so different.  Though my reason for picking it is because I was told it's a good idea to play the games in order and that one comes first.

Assuming an incredible difference by solely two games is a bit adventurous, ain't it? ;D

I guess the biggest problem I had was the cast which I didn't like at all. Only characters I liked where somehow were Gall and Kunzite otherwise I didn't feel that much sympathy for any of them. And I hope that you have far more fun with Atelier Rorona than I have than I had. 

I've somehow never played a Prince of Persia game before so it should definitely be interesting.  The various Tales games really seem to divide opinion; I had a great time with Xillia, but hopefully that doesn't mean I have the opposite of DamagingRob's preferences and will end up disliking Graces.

Before that I haven't played any Prince of Persia either and it was a still a nice experience. Only thing I hope for you is that the english voice actors are far better than the german ones which were unfitting as hell. xD Couldn't take any of them serious. 

I know that many of them are controversial and that opinions differ quite much. For me Xillia was an overwhelming experience and I really enjoyed it. But one other game that's liked by many (Hearts R) was one of the worst games I played. But my experience regarding Tales is rather limited. The only other game I played was the first one: Phantasia.

I guess this is what makes the series so interesting.

Yeah, I had a hard time with Hearts R, as well. But I'm not sure if that's from not liking it... or the fact that it wasn't dubbed. I logged 15 hours into it, so it's not like I stopped right away. And I liked Phantasia a lot, as well. In fact, nearly every Tales game I've played I liked more than Xillia.  :lol: 2 was better. 

I would like to mention though that I have a friend who is playing Drakengard 3 and has been cursing a lot at the game, and I don't think they are as much of a completionist as I can be, which gives the impression the game is pretty hard.  Of course I've not personally played it so feel free to take that with a grain of salt.

I didn't find it that bad. But, at the end, there is something quite difficult. It not only will make or break your Platinum, but your beating the game. I don't want to spoil it, but it is something completely out of the blue, and unlike anything the gameplay had to offer leading up to that point. Still, that game is one of my favorites, and why it's in my trophy cabinet. I even bought the very expensive DLC.. 

hey everyone!

I'm starting to install every game to show up on the trophy list. Can't wait for this to start. ^^

I did not know this would get these many replies and I'm kinda lazy to read all the posts, but I'm checking some posts .

If anyone is interested in playing my games at the same time they are the following :

Bioshock Infinite

Dishonored

Assassins Creed Black Flag

Sleeping dogs

Hitman Absolution

Metal Gear Solid 4

Devil may Cry 3 hd

Terminator Salvation

Soulcalibur 5

[Prototype]

(These are not in order)

Why does everyone want to play that horrible Atelier Rorona?  :unsure:

And I wonder what you want to play. SAO Lost Song OR Hollow Realization? You might want to check what MarkusT1992 plays so you might be able to play simultaneous. And another suggestion:

You might want to rearrange Odin Sphere so you play it at the same time as DamagingRob is playing Muramasa Rebirth. Both are different games but play quite similar as they are from the same dev.

I don't know.. but if it's horrible I'll find it out sooner or later.. =P  and why I want to play SAO? Why not :P

and I can rearrange that, like I mentioned it's not really the order I'll play the games :) just the list and might not even be final 

I'm playing Sword Art Online: Lost Song as #7. If you want to play at the same time go ahead.

Person 4 Golden is a port of the PS2 Persona 4, isn't it. That's a very great game but prepear for very long dialogues.

Yeah I can do that, I can prob wait a view days when it comes out.. So yeah we can play together :)

I think that can be a possibility.. I like rpg's with story building so :) hope it's lots of story building time will tell :)

I'd be cool with playing Ateiler Rorona at the same time, but I do need it closer to the end since I'm going to need to finish a currently installed game to make some room for installing it.  With a few weeks I should be able to finish The Witch and the Hundred Knight and when I can delete it from my PS3 I'll be able to install another game.  I put it at #9 since it's a smaller install than Xillia, so I don't mind deleting and installing again later.

I would like to mention though that I have a friend who is playing Drakengard 3 and has been cursing a lot at the game, and I don't think they are as much of a completionist as I can be, which gives the impression the game is pretty hard.  Of course I've not personally played it so feel free to take that with a grain of salt.

I don't mind putting atelier @ a later time :) I was thinking about xillia 2.. but still need to finish the first part  :blush:

Hmm I've played drakengard 2 or 1...... on the ps2.. but I was still wondering.. If Final Fantasy XV is really coming out next month.. then I'll prob play that one on release xD the 29th If I recall that correct sooo... Might add that 1 as an IF it really comes out at that date :P

Edited by vin_rob

Assuming an incredible difference by solely two games is a bit adventurous, ain't it? ;D

I guess the biggest problem I had was the cast which I didn't like at all. Only characters I liked where somehow were Gall and Kunzite otherwise I didn't feel that much sympathy for any of them. And I hope that you have far more fun with Atelier Rorona than I have than I had. 

Considering Hearts R is one of my favorite games on the Vita and in the Tales of series and you seem to think it's one of the worst and your wording of your opinion of it sounded like you'd put it on par with Last Rebellion or any other commonly hated upon game, yeah it's pretty obvious our tastes are rather lacking in common ground. Also, it's not just two games.  Looking at your completed games, I can tell you also liked the Neptunia series far more than I did since someone who doesn't like the games wouldn't exactly platinum more than one.  There's nothing wrong with this, it just means our tastes are different and what I like may not be your cup of tea and what you like may not be mine.

This is post #172.

On the previous event, the first post actually reviewing a game was post #192 (last dozen or so messages before that were about the starting stats when it officially had been midnight and the event had started already). That's probably a number we've hit before noon tomorrow (possibly before midnight), and we've still got three whole days left. And this post just now is only making it worse.

This is post #283... meaning if we do 111 posts in the next 24 hours (is anyone here on an earlier time zone than Germany?), we'll get to double the count of last time's pre-posts! Come on, that's an average of under five posts an hour!

#LetsDoThis #Psyched #AreHashtagJokesStillCool

I see we all took Billy's post numbering as a challenge.

#InItToWinIt #TrendSetter #GameFace

Just Platinumed Hitman GO. Don't know if I'll earn any more trophies after this, or not. I still have some things I could probably complete in a day(those arcade games, at least). Or I could go back for some trophies in something I've already started. OR, I could just not play anything for a day? Naaaaah. :P But I might not, I don't know. 

Dishonored

Mendant and I are starting off with Dishonored, if you wanted to do the same. :)

• Like 1

uh oh...someone else for gat outta hell...gonna swap mine out then...will go through my games and the master list again...will post again later...busy carving pumpkins...

We also did the whole pumpkin thing this afternoon. Nothing like waiting till the last minute amirite?

Finally got around to updating the OP. Don't hesitate to let me know if I messed up your list. I pretty much just went through and looked for places poeple had reposted full lists and copied that in.

T-minus 29 hours for people in my time zone, so I'm going to cap sign ups right now. I'll give you until I wake up tomorrow to tinker with your lists.

• Like 1

We also did the whole pumpkin thing this afternoon. Nothing like waiting till the last minute amirite?

Finally got around to updating the OP. Don't hesitate to let me know if I messed up your list. I pretty much just went through and looked for places poeple had reposted full lists and copied that in.

From looking at the OP, think you need to work on your spoiler game in between pumpkin carving.  ;)

• Like 1

From looking at the OP, think you need to work on your spoiler game in between pumpkin carving. ;)

Lulz, I just updated it a bit at time throughout the day and then hit post when I reached the end. Didn't even take the time to glance at it. It'll be fixed in a couple minutes.

Edit: fixed.

Also, 27 participants for this installment. We'll see how this goes. If it's a super chaotic mess I might have to put a 15 or 20 limit on the next one. I'm guessing we get 23 finishers this time.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

almost finished the first pumpkin of two...I'll post a pic when done so you can understand why this is such an event...working tomorrow so no time to do it...will be home just in time to hand out candy...no sleep tonight as per usual...I'll have a game chosen in a couple hours...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Made a small update to the order of the list. I spread the lengthier titles in between the shorter while also considering PSV and PS4 titles.

I am stil waiting for my copy of ffx-2 for the PS4 so I can play the story on the big screen and grind on my vita.

Completion 65,23%

1.  Futuridium EP Deluxe (PSV)
 2.  Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PSV&PS4)
 3.  Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (PS4)
 4.  Furi (PS4) With DamagingRob, BillyHorrible, MarkusT1992
 5.  Tricky Towers (PS4) With BillyHorrible
 6.  Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (PS3)
 7.  Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PSV)
 8.  Retro/Grade (PS3)
 9.  Skulls of the Shogun (PS4)
10. La-Mulana EX (PSV)

• Like 3

Just Platinumed Hitman GO. Don't know if I'll earn any more trophies after this, or not. I still have some things I could probably complete in a day(those arcade games, at least). Or I could go back for some trophies in something I've already started. OR, I could just not play anything for a day? Naaaaah. :P But I might not, I don't know. 

Mendant and I are starting off with Dishonored, if you wanted to do the same. :)

I guess

I'll Start the event With Dishonored then

and I did same changes so the order in now the following :

1- Dishonored (PS3)

2- Soulcalibur V (PS3)

3- Bioshock Infinite (PS3)

4- Sleeping Dogs(PS3)

5- Metal gear Solid 4 (PS3)

6- Devil May Cry 3 HD (PS3)

7- [Prototype] (PS3)

8- Terminator Salvation (PS3)

9- Hitman Absolution (PS3)

10- Assassins Creed Black Flag (PS3)

Sorry for the inconvenience ...

Also My completion is already dead so I guess I'll kill twice eheh its at 27,5 %

Edited by Edward_FOX_86
  • Like 2

pumpkin (supposed to be chase (my son's favorite) from the paw patrol for any of you who have an idea of what that is, for those who don't, it's a damn dog in a police uniform...haha...) 98% done...pic doesn't quite do it justice but attached it anyways...taking a break to sort out my final game...turned on my console to see what digitals i have to download only to find that my help is needed for a fly the co-op run...will have my final choice up before you wake up...and i liked the birthday party post...i f**kin' hate them, but let's leave that for another thread...

Those are some impressive pumpkin carving skills. The limits of my artistic talent is drawing stick figures so I've always appreciated and been a little jealous of people who can do things like that.

You are still helping people with GTA? Thought you were retiring a while ago? Guess the quest to make sure no "Fly The Co-op" trophy goes unobtained is a never-ending one. 

art not really my thing either...all about the kids (spoiled in all aspects of life)...it was like "what do you guys want on your pumpkins this year?"...daughter: "marshall"...son: "case" (he can't pronounce chase or chooses not to)...nothing like smashing them on november 1st...in our house we have a "create, then destroy" rule for things like this...same goes for lego, sand castles, building blocks, snow forts, etc...

and yep, retired from all iv trophies but love the co-op so still offering help with it now that the servers are dead...wrote an mp guide a while back in hopes of passing on some of the knowledge acquired over the years...took like 6 months to complete most of which was spent capitalizing words and removing ellipsis...actually been on the verge of retiring from gaming completely for a couple years now...conflict in life philosophy mainly...unfortunately my backlog has almost outgrown my completed games collection keeping me "in the game"...my talk and walk will remain out of alignment for the time being = bam is full of $hit...yay!...

last game chosen...swapping gat outta hell with diablo 3 it is...will post new list in a sec...

1- batman arkham origins : blackgate
2- beyond two souls
3- darksiders 1
4- diablo III
5- infamous 2
6- killer is dead (there was a vote earlier that i play this so will be the only one i do that others have also included so far)
7- one piece : pirate warriors 1
8- payday 2
9- star wars : the force unleashed 2
10- the saboteur

on to carving marshall...i wish they had said "i want 3 triangles and a mouth with a bunch of square teeth"...kids these days...haha...gotta love 'em...

edit: marshall done...off to bed...apologies for making things difficult...i'll check that my list has been updated in a couple hours when i get up for work...cheers...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Looks like I'll have at least 3 opinions to hear about El Shaddai :lol: . On a different note,  I just finished Shinovi Versus and it was a lot of fun,. I only ended up playing a chapter a day or so as it's the type of game that can get somewhat repetitive.

I'm planning on completing at least one of the campaigns during its time period, but at least it's nice to hear that it's decent. I'm just hoping that Senran Kagura is not as flaccid as HyperDevotion was, gosh that game was butt-ugly.

T-minus 29 hours for people in my time zone, so I'm going to cap sign ups right now. I'll give you until I wake up tomorrow to tinker with your lists.

Sorry to be one of those people but my list still has Estival Versus instead of Shinovi Versus.

I'll have to re-read Crimson's thoughts on Atelier as I'm interested in time-management games and will probably try it out in a future installment if there's another one, but I'll never forget the character model's face that was as hideous as Persona 4's.

Popped the plat for Gat Out Of Hell just before so my 10 games are loaded on my profile now. Final completion rate before starting is 89.14% and a total of 427 unearned trophies now added. I'm going to go watch a movie now, should probably be a horror even though we don't celebrate Halloween here in New Zealand but it seems fitting all the same.

O got very confused with the half-mentions about pumpkins until I figured out it's a 'Murica holiday today. I'd better get some candy then just to be sure but last year we had zero kids at the door here, occasionally a few families do something for Halloween over here but it's not that big (yet). Give it some time though, carnival is a big thing for about a third of our country and what is Halloween if not a themed carnival.

uh oh...someone else for gat outta hell...gonna swap mine out then...will go through my games and the master list again...will post again later...busy carving pumpkins...

Is it a problem if someone else plays the same game? You can always play at the same time and compare notes... :)

it's also a 'murican holiday in ka-na-da where i just happen to live (and yes, it's cold)...not a problem at all...just wanted to have as few games as other people as possible...thought it would be interesting from the perspective of some non-participants looking to pick up new games...there seem to be a lot of repetitive games here so quite frankly, i'm not sure if i'm even going to bother to read all of the reviews...many of them not the type of game that appeals to me anyhow...just an opinion and not intended as criticism...to each their own...i'm sure others think the same about the games i've chosen...also, no idea what people's writing styles will be like so that will also impact interest level...pretty hyped and eager to see how it goes...

edit: looking over the list each person posted now and wow, awesomeness...so much variety...think i'm just tired and tend to be more negative/irrational when posting (i.e. the post above this edit)...finally off to bed now...up in 2 hours...

Edited by ProfBambam55