Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

It takes some time until you have enough upgrades to get some fluid combos. The prologue and the first two levels were a small struggle for me but once I was in the third level it became much easier 

I don't believe that this is an honest apologize. :P

Good to know, thank you. The prologue was a little lackluster.

How could you ever doubt me, your fellow Retro event procrastinator? I'm crushed. Seriously, though, it's hard to force yourself to play something you're not in the mood for. Have another you're more interested in jumping to?  :unsure:

How could you ever doubt me, your fellow Retro event procrastinator? I'm crushed. Seriously, though, it's hard to force yourself to play something you're not in the mood for. Have another you're more interested in jumping to?  :unsure:

The only one I might be interested in playing at the moment is the Kirby collection which had a nice variety of little games.

But it seems like your Pokémon-run is also not very satisfying. I can understand that. Gold and Silver had many new things but somehow I never liked them that much. Especially the legendarys were disappointing (and a big PITA to catch). :|

The only one I might be interested in playing at the moment is the Kirby collection which had a nice variety of little games.

But it seems like your Pokémon-run is also not very satisfying. I can understand that. Gold and Silver had many new things but somehow I never liked them that much. Especially the legendarys were disappointing (and a big PITA to catch). :|

Makes sense. Plus side, you have some different options if you want a change from what you're playing in this.

I think a lot of it was the new Pokemon. There aren't a lot of them and they're extremely scattered - the stuff at Mt. Silver is pretty far behind for such a slow-leveling game, for example, making it pretty much useless at that point.

Good to hear, thanks! I'll have to pick the first one up sometime.

Think the video I saw was of 2 and had some kind of racing minigame. Seemed pretty out of place.

Ah, I know what you're talking about.  That's the logic dive and actually more like the snowboarding game in FFVII than racing.  The intent is to go down the right paths to come up with a logical conclusion to figure out what is going on with a case, basically get a new trail of logic going.  All the minigames will make sense in context when you see the explanations and it's meant to just add some more stuff than just arguing back and forth.  The minigames are all pretty easy and even with that one, it's more understanding the case than being skilled at racing.

I was going to come on here and say you must be a real gentleman for not getting *that trophy* out of the way first but then I had a look at your forum profile and I see you're a female so there goes that theory :P.

Having to get that one is painful. I'm hoping to pick it up by accident.  :P

Ah, I know what you're talking about.  That's the logic dive and actually more like the snowboarding game in FFVII than racing.  The intent is to go down the right paths to come up with a logical conclusion to figure out what is going on with a case, basically get a new trail of logic going.  All the minigames will make sense in context when you see the explanations and it's meant to just add some more stuff than just arguing back and forth.  The minigames are all pretty easy and even with that one, it's more understanding the case than being skilled at racing.

Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing it up!

I see we all took Billy's post numbering as a challenge.

I took a look through my drawers today and found several games that would've been great to jump into for the challenge but alas I won't change anything.

Also excited to see everyone's thoughts on El Shaddai. I quite liked that game. Played three or four hours of it on a different account (by accident) and have been meaning to play it on my main account for years now. It's unfortunately ineligible for this event though. Perhaps that story completion event ppl have been discussing over in Bye Bye... Anyway, I'm ready for this! Only wish the month started now.

• Like 1

Just here to say that my backlog increased again. I just bought Plague inc. Evolved and Need for Speed Rivals.

Any thoughts about these games whether to include one of them for this event?

Plague Inc is fun, but I'd mainly suggest it for short bursts (~2-3 hours, a game or two, etc) instead of a marathon - it can get pretty repetitive if you spend a day playing it.

Just here to say that my backlog increased again. I just bought Plague inc. Evolved and Need for Speed Rivals.

I've been on the fence of getting Plague Inc + Fahrenheit from the Halloween sale. The former I have a hard time justifying the cost for, which is 9x that of the mobile version, the latter is apparently still a buggy mess :/. I'll probably still wait for them to drop a bit more in price.

If you want we can do the online of Rivals together after the event. I think it has only 2 or 3 online trophies that are supposed to be fairly quick and easy.

• Like 1

Plague Inc is fun, but I'd mainly suggest it for short bursts (~2-3 hours, a game or two, etc) instead of a marathon - it can get pretty repetitive if you spend a day playing it.

I figured it was a game for short sessions. I only knew that you have to create a disease to kill humanity I think.

I've been on the fence of getting Plague Inc + Fahrenheit from the Halloween sale. The former I have a hard time justifying the cost for, which is 9x that of the mobile version, the latter is apparently still a buggy mess :/. I'll probably still wait for them to drop a bit more in price.

If you want we can do the online of Rivals together after the event. I think it has only 2 or 3 online trophies that are supposed to be fairly quick and easy.

I allready own Fahrenheit. I played it on PS2 and bought it right at release for PS4. When you like Heavy Rain and/or Beyond Two Souls you should buy it. When I remember correctly I didn't encounter any bugs on the PS2 and I didn't play the PS4 version yet so can't say anything about that.

Unfortunately you can't really compare prizes for mobil games with console/PC games. Nobody would pay 10€ for a mobile game even if it is a port from a console game like GTA.

Sure thing but note that I bought it on PS4. We can do the online of Rivals after the event. I don't know how much you have to play befor doing the online trophies properly but I think it should be easy to boost.

I figured it was a game for short sessions. I only knew that you have to create a disease to kill humanity I think.

I allready own Fahrenheit. I played it on PS2 and bought it right at release for PS4. When you like Heavy Rain and/or Beyond Two Souls you should buy it. When I remember correctly I didn't encounter any bugs on the PS2 and I didn't play the PS4 version yet so can't say anything about that.

Unfortunately you can't really compare prizes for mobil games with console/PC games. Nobody would pay 10€ for a mobile game even if it is a port from a console game like GTA.

Sure thing but note that I bought it on PS4. We can do the online of Rivals after the event. I don't know how much you have to play befor doing the online trophies properly but I think it should be easy to boost.

Yeah I know the price difference is normal, it still rubs me the wrong way. What can I say, I'm a cheap bastard :lol: . Rivals is one of the games I'm playing on this event. It's the PS4 version as well. I think for access to the online it's only necessary to complete the tutorial. Either way, we'll see when the time comes.

EDIT: Just finished uploading the games for this event on the profile, 2 are still missing as they're from plus.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Yep. Your gameplay is mainly picking strategic upgrades and watching it spread, at least on android. I seem to remember some little tappable bubbles that gave you some extra spending points or slowed down the opposition. I doubt they've changed a lot in the port.

Rivals is one of the games I'm playing on this event. It's the PS4 version as well. I think for access to the online it's only necessary to complete the tutorial. Either way, we'll see when the time comes.

Reading this is making me think maybe I ought to replace Zombi with Rivals as I grabbed it from the Deal Of The Week. Do you know what slot you're going to be playing it in as I would swap it if it suits me and we could find a convenient time to do the online trophies.

Reading this is making me think maybe I ought to replace Zombi with Rivals as I grabbed it from the Deal Of The Week. Do you know what slot you're going to be playing it in as I would swap it if it suits me and we could find a convenient time to do the online trophies.

That's fine with me. I currently have it as the final game, I can move it to another slot though. (except slot 9 as it's reserved for Letter Quest).

@ Markus: Regardless, I'll still help you out with the online as well.

That's fine with me. I currently have it as the final game, I can move it to another slot though. (except slot 9 as it's reserved for Letter Quest)

I'm thinking slot 5 might be best as Portugal is roughly 12 hours behind New Zealand and slot 5 includes a Sunday so hopefully we should be able to jump online at a time that suits us both.

I'm thinking slot 5 might be best as Portugal is roughly 12 hours behind New Zealand and slot 5 includes a Sunday so hopefully we should be able to jump online at a time that suits us both.

Yeah, that's fine. Weekend will indeed be best to manage time zones. I'll put it down as slot 5 then.

Thanks. I wanted to play a racer for a while now and maybe this is the one I play. I tried Project Cars but only played a few races. Maybe I should play it again :hmm:

I might be mixing them up, but I think either Project Cars or The Crew was considered a fairly poor game. Generally speaking that is. I wouldn't know as I haven't played either. My go to racing game tends to be from the Need for Speed franchise, although it's not really a genre I play often.

Yeah, that's fine. Weekend will indeed be best to manage time zones. I'll put it down as slot 5 then.

Excellent I'll add you on PSN next time I'm online

Here's my revised list in the order I'll play them;

1 - Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (PS3, hack 'n' slash action adventure)

2 - Tales Of Xillia (PS3, JRPG)

3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (PS3, RPG)

4 - Devil May Cry HD (PS3, hack 'n' slash)

5 - Need For Speed Rivals (PS4, racing) with voodoo_eyes

6 - Salt & Sanctuary (PS4, action RPG)

7 - Tropico 5 (PS4, RTS construction/management simulator) with lednatius

8 - Zombie Army Trilogy (PS4, third person shooter horror survival)

9 - Destiny (PS4, FPS MMO)

10 - Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS4, open world third person shooter)

• Like 2

@DamagingRob

How would you feel about moving Rune Factory more towards the beginning?  #3 works for me where you currently have Puppeteer.  My PS3's bitty hard drive got full after installing Time and Eternity and with how long that took, I'd rather leave it until I plat it. I'd rather stick Ateiler Rorona in #9 since that will require some space freed up and I should be able to finish The Witch and the Hundred Knight by then, which would free up enough for one more game and since Tales of Xillia and Ateiler Rorona don't take as long, I'm more okay with removing and installing back later.

The woes of having a 12 GB PS3 and not being able to afford to expand it yet.

Tales of Xillia

What spot will you be playing this in? I've put mine in slot 2 (Fri/Sat/Sun) if you wanted to play it at the same time as me.

The woes of having a 12 GB PS3 and not being able to afford to expand it yet.

Reading this made me grab my USB stick to see what size it is (8Gb to put your HDD in perspective :P) which then reminded me I need to back up all my screen shots from my PS4 before I take the hard drive out and put it in my PS4 Pro when it releases so I should do that now before I forget.

Well, now that you mention USB sticks, can they be used with the PS3 as additional space?  I have a 8GB one lying around and that would be enough to install Ateiler Rorona and Tales of Xillia since I only need about 4GB for both.  And yeah, a 12 GB hard drive is very small, especially when you have a game with a huge install like Time and Eternity (it took about 4.5GB) and the system software itself, plus formatting leaves me with about 8GB to work with.  That and me only having a 4GB memory card for my Vita is why I didn't bother with PS+.  I can only do small digital games.

As far as my listing, tenatively looking at this:

1. Time and Eternity

2. Final Fantasy XIII

3. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny

4. Resonance of Fate

5. Muramasa Rebirth

6. htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary

7. Mind Zero

8. Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll

9. Ateiler Rorona

10. Tales of Xillia

Someone else was playing FFXIII at #2, plus with space limitations as of now I'm looking to put the ones I lacked room for more towards the end since I'm still going to be chipping away at The Witch and the Hundred Knight which is taking around 2GB of space (basically finishing it would make room for one of the two left to install).  Everything else requires no install and only some space for saves and system data.  My days off are Thursdays and Fridays, so only #6 would fall on both my days off, so I put something I could potentially platinum during this event in that time.

The Tomorrow Children has been released and it's free to play. Is that something someone would want to play for the event, to be able to tell others if it's worth it?

Also yeah, everything except the PS+ November games are downloaded and ready on this end.

Yeah I know the price difference is normal, it still rubs me the wrong way. What can I say, I'm a cheap bastard :lol: . Rivals is one of the games I'm playing on this event. It's the PS4 version as well. I think for access to the online it's only necessary to complete the tutorial. Either way, we'll see when the time comes.

EDIT: Just finished uploading the games for this event on the profile, 2 are still missing as they're from plus.

I don't feel like actually checking the trophies but I did the online part of Rivals and it did not take long. Should be a fun game for this event, I thought it was a very decent Hot Pursuit game.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I made a Stealth change to the OP. I removed the post count and instead made it where you have to have been a member for at least a month, oe have premium membership, both of which are true for you. Go ahead and post your list whenever, you're obviously motivated enough to stay involved which is the only reason for the requirements anyway.

Sorry, at a bday party now so I'm not gonna address anything else atm.

oke!! Gonna make my list ^~^ it's harder then I thought, 

Hope you had a nice bday party