The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

3 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Digimon will be on my backlog list for next year, I wanted to add one this year but the release date was still too new from memory.

For all the talk with the 4K TV's if you have a PS4 Pro then I recommend running a 4K TV its so much better.

Totally agree, the irony with 4K is that even though you take a screenshot on your Pro and send it to someone else they can't view  it in 4K so it looks no better than they are use to. Last weekend I played in a normal 4K free tv and was shocked at how it looked. So easy to forget and take it for granted. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crestfallen said:

That's Alpha Protocol done. It's very rough around the edges, but I enjoyed most of my time with the game (2 full playthroughs + the final mission for a third time). I'd recommend it to anyone that wants a conspiracy-themed RPG and can overlook issues like an unstable framerate and loads of texture pop-in.

Only Diablo III left now. Hopefully I can the multiple playthroughs and the 500,000 gold grind by the end of November.

Great effort on your backlog games mate. Showing everyone how it's done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crestfallen said:

That's Alpha Protocol done. It's very rough around the edges, but I enjoyed most of my time with the game (2 full playthroughs + the final mission for a third time). I'd recommend it to anyone that wants a conspiracy-themed RPG and can overlook issues like an unstable framerate and loads of texture pop-in.

Only Diablo III left now. Hopefully I can the multiple playthroughs and the 500,000 gold grind by the end of November.

Nice Job on the Backlog game, Alpha Protocol has been on my list for sometime now but when ever I think about starting it I always seem to get put off and never really know why.

As for me I trying to get a couple more trophies in before the cutoff time which I think is now 3am my time due to daylight savings or is it 1am ahh I don't remember ah well :D

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

I had to pry myself away from Assassin's Creed: Origins to get this done, it's quite good so far. I thoroughly recommend it, especially to Horizon Zero Dawn fans, so I imagine @CjShai may give it a miss for a while

Lol, nice write up as usual. I am not going to lie, after the first 90 mins I don't really like it. Have some time today so will play a bit more, the story seems very disconnected right from the start. I heard a description that it is like a watered down Witcher ......... perhaps I am close to the opening Griffin fight.

Congrats on another good month Crestfallen, I think the dream is over Fisty ?. ( I am still deciding whether to preorder the collectors edition of Hatsune or standard, combine that with your Taiko drum recommendation, Tachyon Project (have you played it), assorted VN's and Semispheres, I am hoping Play Asia actually send me some shares this time as well instead of just a $5 coupon ? )

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Lol, nice write up as usual. I am not going to lie, after the first 90 mins I don't really like it. Have some time today so will play a bit more, the story seems very disconnected right from the start. I heard a description that it is like a watered down Witcher ......... perhaps I am close to the opening Griffin fight.

Congrats on another good month Crestfallen, I think the dream is over Fisty 1f61c.png. ( I am still deciding whether to preorder the collectors edition of Hatsune or standard, combine that with your Taiko drum recommendation, Tachyon Project (have you played it), assorted VN's and Semispheres, I am hoping Play Asia actually send me some shares this time as well instead of just a $5 coupon 1f602.png )

Surprised you made it past the Nekker fight in Witcher, thought that would’ve been a bit too much for you.

And playing 90 minutes of AC Origins must of been a struggle, surely your hands would’ve been sore from holding the controller after 10.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spazza136 said:

Surprised you made it past the Nekker fight in Witcher, thought that would’ve been a bit too much for you.

And playing 90 minutes of AC Origins must of been a struggle, surely your hands would’ve been sore from holding the controller after 10.

You realise it's basically a JRPG right, I mean it even features experimental sex on the back of a flying beast ...... your not getting more Japanese than that. You had better be careful it might be the gateway into FF. ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MattyH16 said:

At the end of the month, we see no changes to the leaderboard. Crestfallen has extended the lead away from fisty by a few more points with a dominant performance in the backlog category (really noticing a pattern here)

It's just like everything else. Read the fine print and exploit it. xD

Dropping and raising my average rarity and average completion before the checks for those helped too. I wouldn't be in front solely from backlog games (only 102 points), so I needed at least a few higher place finishes and the bonuses from rarity/completion. If he were still playing, CJ would probably still be in front if he brute forced a first place finish every month and completed his backlog (even if they were all common/uncommon plats).

Edited by Crestfallen
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CjShai said:

Congrats on another good month Crestfallen, I think the dream is over Fisty 1f61c.png.

What you talking about I can smash out 4-5 Backlog games and comes first overall for the month.... Wait...... A....Second......

Sword Art Online: Up to 70 hours left (At least 40 of these will be grinding)

The Guided Fate Paradox: Up to 200 hours and a plat difficulty of 9 out of 10

3D Dot Game Heroes: 50 hours and a plat difficulty of 8 out of 10

Omega Quintet: 100 hours with a lot of missable trophies
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk: 40 hours with a lot of missable trophies

After viewing this... yes... the Dream is over, I have a busy few weekends coming up so the dream is long over.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Crestfallen said:

It's just like everything else. Read the fine print and exploit it. xD

Dropping and raising my average rarity and average completion before the checks for those helped too. I wouldn't be in front solely from backlog games (only 102 points), so I needed at least a few higher place finishes and the bonuses from rarity/completion. If he were still playing, CJ would probably still be in front if he brute forced a first place finish every month and completed his backlog (even if they were all common/uncommon plats).

So much strategy, I am pretty sure you would have me beat to. Congrats on a game well played. 

2 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

What you talking about I can smash out 4-5 Backlog games and comes first overall for the month.... Wait...... A....Second......

Sword Art Online: Up to 70 hours left (40 of these will be grinding)

The Guided Fate Paradox: Up to 200 hours and a plat difficulty of 9 out of 10

3D Dot Game Heroes: 50 hours and a plat difficulty of 8 out of 10

Omega Quintet: 100 hours with a lot of missable trophies
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk: 40 hours with a lot of missable trophies

After viewing this... yes... the Dream is over, I have a busy few weekends up coming up so the dream is long over.

Dont worry you still did good, just think next year you can add some new gems like DjMax Respect ...........

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CjShai said:

You realise it's basically a JRPG right, I mean it even features experimental sex on the back of a flying beast ...... your not getting more Japanese than that. You had better be careful it might be the gateway into FF. 1f607.png

I don't think so, not enough tentacles in Witcher for it to count. 

Saw there's a fair few new VR games coming soon, maybe you'll be able to buy a special "peripheral" with your copy of Final Fantasy: Fishing Simulator.

• Like 3

On 30/10/2017 at 6:26 PM, CjShai said:

Totally agree, the irony with 4K is that even though you take a screenshot on your Pro and send it to someone else they can't view  it in 4K so it looks no better than they are use to. Last weekend I played in a normal 4K free tv and was shocked at how it looked. So easy to forget and take it for granted. 

How would you rate the HDR? (if your TV has it), better than normal 4k? recently got a 4k TV myself but apparently i need a newer HDMI cord that allows HDR content.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spazza136 said:

Saw there's a fair few new VR games coming soon, maybe you'll be able to buy a special "peripheral" with your copy of Final Fantasy: Fishing Simulator.

If you believe I don't already have a long and fairly thick vibrating "accessory " that could double as a VR fishing rod then you are far more innocent than I assumed.

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

How would you rate the HDR? (if your TV has it), better than normal 4k? recently got a 4k TV myself but apparently i need a newer HDMI cord that allows HDR content.

I am no expert on this so definitely check with other people but my understanding is that 4K has to do with the resolution (3900ish x1960) which is only achieved through the Pro not the standard PS4. There is no console that can actually do true 4K yet (XboxOneX) will be the first. HDR has to do with the definition between the whites and blacks. For myself I run every triple A game on the Pro in "4K" but often move between enabling HDR. My understanding is it is actually the HDR that is the expensive part so the quality obviously improves as you pay more. We only have a mid level 4KHDR and while it looks amazing when it is on some games like Horizon and WRC6 are unplayable in the night cycles as it is simply to black to make out anything. I think a lot of it is the devs improving too, this year WRC7 works much better with HDR enabled and Assassins looks amazing. So basically yes I think HDR is probably better but 4K looks great on your average UHD TV. If you want consistent high quality HDR I think it's going to cost. Maybe talke to Film he has the best and could guide you much better than me. 

• Like 4

Had knee surgery yesterday and was thinking I might be stuck at home for a week or three to finally get some serious gaming time...... but am already walking without crutches or pain so looks like that idea could be out the window, lol

Edited by damage_6-9
Typo- fat fingers on small phone screen
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Had knee surgery yesterday and was thinking I might be stuck at home for a week or three to finally get some serious gaming time...... but am already walking without crutches or pain so looks like that idea could be out the window, lol

However its good news that your recovering quickly........

• Like 2

14 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Good to hear you are back amongst it, was beginning to wonder if maybe you had moved on to the other side ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Can't get rid of me that easily.... unlike certain unnamed musical identities..... I survived the Fentanyl, :)

Lol, long live the Prince.

Im glad your still with us though, chasing your total of 14,936 unearned trophies is one of the only real challenges I have left. I am only 200 trophies away and I went on a bit of a shopping spree today. Maybe it's my time to lead ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CjShai said:

Lol, long live the Prince.

Im glad your still with us though, chasing your total of 14,936 unearned trophies is one of the only real challenges I have left. I am only 200 trophies away and I went on a bit of a shopping spree today. Maybe it's my time to lead 1f61c.png

Selling me short there CJ,..... if you take a quick look at my Trophy Advisor you will see that it is 25,890 unearned trophies, lol

Edited by damage_6-9
Typo- fat fingers on small phone screen
  • Like 2