Now and Then: 2017 Gaming Goals

GoldenShaka

My main goals involve cleaning up my backlog, with few exceptions.  The only "new" games I plan to get next year are Yakuza 0, Persona 5, and the Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood expansion. I'll spend the rest of year playing games I already own (or will soon own after Christmas).  I absolutely refuse to buy new games next year aside from the previously mentioned exceptions.  My targeted backlog for next year includes:

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Steins;gate 0
  • I am Setsuna
  • Stranger of Sword City
  • Puyo Tetris (import)
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1
  • Odin Sphere
  • Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
  • Grand Kingdom
  • Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet
  • Caladrius Blaze (import)
  • Assault Suit Leynos
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Mind = 0
  • Aegis of Earth
  • MeiQ
  • Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
  • Banner Saga
  • Root Letter
  • Hyper Dimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2
  • Whatever version of Metal Slug it was that just released on the PSN
Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 4

Well, I'm kind of new to this so I don't know if I manage to achieve my goals. But I have something to keep me motivated tho.

• 25 platinums (currently 5)
  • 90%+ completion rate and keep it there.
  • 5 ultra rare plats
  • Do not start a new game before I got platinum on the current one.
  • Get all DLC trophies when season pass or DLC gets a price drop.
  • Finish my backlog before buying too many new games.

I try to keep my games at 100% but don't want to get broke on those expensive season passes. Will be getting them on sale :D haha..

• Like 2

no-tbhjuststop-history-class-in-the-year-2100-teacher-so-4871844.png

My gaming year for 2016 was awful, so I just gotta be optimistic for 2017 and hope nothing bad happens. That being said, my goals are:

• Achieve at least 30 platinums before I get a batch of new games
  • Achieve a 75%+ completion rate
  • Complete any 100% games lingering in my PS4
  • Achieve star level 15+
  • Country rank to around 25k and world rank to 100K or fewer
  • Drop unearned trophies from 1,200+ to 750 or fewer

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kingphisher_IX said:

no-tbhjuststop-history-class-in-the-year-2100-teacher-so-4871844.png

That is surprisingly correct, lol =D

I'll need to be a bit modest about the next year since I won't be able to play as often as this year.

• Keep the trophy streak
  • One Plat/month
  • reach 150 Platinums
  • reach 97% completion
  • TOP 50 country rank
  • 1st country Vita rank
  • TOP 1000 Vita rank
Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That is surprisingly correct, lol =D

I'll need to be a bit modest about the next year since I won't be able to play as often as this year.

• Keep the trophy streak
  • One Plat/month
  • reach 150 Platinums
  • reach 97% completion
  • TOP 50 country rank
  • 1st country Vita rank
  • TOP 1000 Vita rank

There are 12 Months so 12 Platinums but you say you want to arrive at 150 which are 40 Platinums away so you have to get even more than 1 every month, isn't obvious than that you'll egt at least 1 each month if it's your objective 150? xD

2 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

There are 12 Months so 12 Platinums but you say you want to arrive at 150 which are 40 Platinums away so you have to get even more than 1 every month, isn't obvious than that you'll egt at least 1 each month if it's your objective 150? xD

Not really. I can get 10 in a month because of something (dunno, I get hospitalized or something :D) and then on the next month, I won't be able to Plat anything because I choose long games :D

52 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Not really. I can get 10 in a month because of something (dunno, I get hospitalized or something :D) and then on the next month, I won't be able to Plat anything because I choose long games :D

Well but that's up to you, you can already decide one Fast game to keep per month and that's it if you want to xD

I would love for my completion rate to be at 75% or higher. To accomplish that? Try to complete these games out of my backlog!

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Mafia II
  • Watch Dogs
  • Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • Command & Conquer 3
  • The Saboteur
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Heavy Rain
  • Tekken Revolution
  • Call of Duty Classic
  • Call of Duty Ghosts
  • Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
  • Call of Duty Black Ops
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Uncharted 4
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Far Cry 3
  • Homefront
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Atelier Escha & Logy
  • Like 1

2016 was a really horrible year for me... I even became suicidal again...

So I don't want to demand too much from 2017... I'm meanwhile a person that can enjoy small things... (There are no big or bigger things anyway ahahahah) Like... when I don't make any mistakes on Duolingo. :D 

- Reach 95% completion rate (Depends mostly on my depressions, if I'm going to play at all or not. But guess it is doable. I mean, I have now a year time for that...)

- Buy a PS4 Pro

- Re-Buy a New3DSXL and start over with the Pokédex again (It isn't that bad. I had over 500 Pokémon and played for like 120 hours. Easy)

- Don't buy any PS games until June (the pathetic try to save up some money... I have hundreds of games anyway... Even around 40 for PS4, I guess)

- Become fluent in Spanish (22 days learning streak so far, yaay. I actually can understand Spanish conversations on 9gag and Candid (why the fuck are some people suddenly writing in Spanish?!) but it takes me too long to read, and don't expect me to join the conversation. Soy relativamente nuevo y no puedo escribo. Quizás en tres meses. :P) If anyone wants to be my "ask me, if you need something"-buddy... You're welcome. Iris is sadly very busy recently.

- Save up as much money as possible. I want to try that I have at least constant 500€ in my savings can. Just in case, if something bad is going to happen. (My whole life is a penality anyway, so, why did I not came up with that ealier?!) With 500€ I could at least pay my rent, my internet (I don't want to pay additional 110€ for service fees for not paying the internet on date...) and buy enough food. That also means that the PS4P and the N3DSXL don't have that much priority. At some points in life even I need to set priorities...

...Oh... The topic is just about gaming goals... ...meh, whatever... *is crossing stuff out* *shrugs*

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

2016 was a really horrible year for me... I even became suicidal again...

So I don't want to demand too much from 2017... I'm meanwhile a person that can enjoy small things... (There are no big or bigger things anyway ahahahah) Like... when I don't make any mistakes on Duolingo. :D 

- Reach 95% completion rate (Depends mostly on my depressions, if I'm going to play at all or not. But guess it is doable. I mean, I have now a year time for that...)

- Buy a PS4 Pro

- Re-Buy a New3DSXL and start over with the Pokédex again (It isn't that bad. I had over 500 Pokémon and played for like 120 hours. Easy)

- Don't buy any PS games until June (the pathetic try to save up some money... I have hundreds of games anyway... Even around 40 for PS4, I guess)

- Become fluent in Spanish (22 days learning streak so far, yaay. I actually can understand Spanish conversations on 9gag and Candid (why the fuck are some people suddenly writing in Spanish?!) but it takes me too long to read, and don't expect me to join the conversation. Soy relativamente nuevo y no puedo escribo. Quizás en tres meses. :P) If anyone wants to be my "ask me, if you need something"-buddy... You're welcome. Iris is sadly very busy recently.

- Save up as much money as possible. I want to try that I have at least constant 500€ in my savings can. Just in case, if something bad is going to happen. (My whole life is a penality anyway, so, why did I not came up with that ealier?!) With 500€ I could at least pay my rent, my internet (I don't want to pay additional 110€ for service fees for not paying the internet on date...) and buy enough food. That also means that the PS4P and the N3DSXL don't have that much priority. At some points in life even I need to set priorities...

...Oh... The topic is just about gaming goals... ...meh, whatever... *is crossing stuff out* *shrugs*

Well, Spanish is my native language, so if you need something PM me, who knows , maybe I'll answer :lol:

Suerte con tus objetivos para el 2017. B)

I'll set some loose goals for the year, though I'm prone to going completely off the rails at random moments. 

30+ plats, I did this the last two years but fell short this year. I'd like at least 8 of them to be UR. 

Break 76% completion. Goal this year was 75, I hit 73.5 2x before tanking. 

7,500 total trophies. This means just over 4 a day average. 

Under 38% avg rarity (Yeah, it's still a thing.) I dropped under 40 this year, and then started a bunch of games and raised it up a bit.