Games you regret adding to your trophy collection?

JasonFlexx

You will be able to remove 0% trophy lists in the next big PS update 2.50

Why only 0% WTF why not the whole game? I have a lot of 2% 16% 30% which I will never play again and I want to delete them too! Even the whole Platinum like Hannah Montana which I'm ashamed of! xD Now I have to hide it.

Well I hope they will improve it to let us finally fully manage our trophies, not only 0%

Edited by Macieeek
  • Like 2

Why only 0% WTF why not the whole game? I have a lot of 2% 16% 30% which I will never play again and I want to delete them too! Even the whole Platinum like Hannah Montana which I'm ashamed of! xD Now I have to hide it.

Well I hope they will improve it to let us finally fully manage our trophies, not only 0%

This is what Scott McCarthy,  Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA said : "0% is really the only way to maintain the sanctity of PS Trophies, which we fiercely guard. Any other number would be arbitrary"

I understand him, even if I too want to delete some games.

This is what Scott McCarthy,  Director, Product Planning & Software Innovation, SCEA said : "0% is really the only way to maintain the sanctity of PS Trophies, which we fiercely guard. Any other number would be arbitrary"

I disagree. If a player is willing to sacrifice all trophies and delete a game, they should be allowed to (meaning his or her stats would be readjusted as if the game never were installed, and any trophies earned would be removed, with a corresponding point reduction).

• Like 1

I disagree. If a player is willing to sacrifice all trophies and delete a game, they should be allowed to (meaning his or her stats would be readjusted as if the game never were installed, and any trophies earned would be removed, with a corresponding point reduction).

I disagree with you. While I believe the number should be a bit higher, at least 10%, they should never allow us to remove any game we want. It just wouldn't feel right, everyone having near to perfect completion rates and the lists would just become too clean. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would erase a lot of games they can't get a 100%. I like the fact that you are stuck with certain games, it shows your history with games. Even if you for example platinumed Hannah Montana, fuck it, you went for it :D

• Like 3

I don't really get that. The act of acquiring the trophy is what matters. That's where any "sanctity" lies, so it's perfectly reasonable to fight off hackers (and, if you want, boosters, as Warhawk did back in the day).

But leaving in 0%? How does that tell you anything? I have no idea why someone has 0% in their trophy file. Did they hate the game (as I did with Wipeout?). Did they not get to a game (as I did with MGS2 or Prince of Persia: Two Thrones)? Was the game too hard or tedious (as many found with White Knight Chronicles)? I just don't see "sanctity" in this.

But whatever. I have no dog in this fight. I actually like leaving in 0%, because it often shows me (at least among gamers I know) what games to avoid. After all, if someone couldn't be bothered to get a single trophy, it's probably not worth my time, either.

I don't really get that. The act of acquiring the trophy is what matters. That's where any "sanctity" lies, so it's perfectly reasonable to fight off hackers (and, if you want, boosters, as Warhawk did back in the day).

But leaving in 0%? How does that tell you anything? I have no idea why someone has 0% in their trophy file. Did they hate the game (as I did with Wipeout?). Did they not get to a game (as I did with MGS2 or Prince of Persia: Two Thrones)? Was the game too hard or tedious (as many found with White Knight Chronicles)? I just don't see "sanctity" in this.

But whatever. I have no dog in this fight. I actually like leaving in 0%, because it often shows me (at least among gamers I know) what games to avoid. After all, if someone couldn't be bothered to get a single trophy, it's probably not worth my time, either.

Trophies are installed right when you start up the game. You don't even have to play it. Also, unless the game has a participation trophy, you can work a little ways into the game, realize you hate it, then stop playing, without having earned a single trophy.

I disagree with you. While I believe the number should be a bit higher, at least 10%, they should never allow us to remove any game we want. It just wouldn't feel right, everyone having near to perfect completion rates and the lists would just become too clean. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would erase a lot of games they can't get a 100%. I like the fact that you are stuck with certain games, it shows your history with games. Even if you for example platinumed Hannah Montana, fuck it, you went for it :D

Valid point. I hadn't really thought about it from the completion percentage angle. That would skew the results a bit.

Sports Champions, Fifa 10, Crazy Market, DCOU online, Free Realms, Ecolibrium, Breakquest EE, Destiny of Spirits, Playstation home, NBA Live 10, MLB 10, Capcom Arcade Cabnet, Terminator Salvation

Edited by jka121

The only games I seriously regret...are all ones I didn't even add and will never get anything more than 1% because not only are they not my games but I hate these games. -_- I've hidden them as well lol.

WWE '12 (cousin)

GTAIV (cousin + brother)

NBA2K13 (cousin)

Games that I sorta regret based off gameplay.

White Knight Chronicles (While I probably could've done a good portion...I just lost interest once my job at gamestop got me a couple dozen more games lol.)

IL Sturmovik 2 Birds of Prey (idk why but since I played Defender for the ps2 I can't enjoy any other type of game with flying)

Port Royale 3 (the only game I never watched gameplay on before buying...expected a full on pirate ship battling game and how shocked I was to get this game lmfao.)

Despite not having plats or high trophy percentages in a few of my games...I hate MP...a lot...so I rarely go for the trophies related, but I don't regret playing these games because I still like the single player stuff. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle