Games you regret adding to your trophy collection?

JasonFlexx

Way to many to count! I went through a spell where I'd buy games on sale, load them up, play them for a bit, get bored and move onto the next...especially during my early PS3 days. It's put a huge dent into my completion %, which I don't care about THAT much, but now that I care about the games I play and take more time to enjoy them, it's a bit annoying to see all those games I barely bothered with on my list...

Way to many to count! I went through a spell where I'd buy games on sale, load them up, play them for a bit, get bored and move onto the next...especially during my early PS3 days. It's put a huge dent into my completion %, which I don't care about THAT much, but now that I care about the games I play and take more time to enjoy them, it's a bit annoying to see all those games I barely bothered with on my list...

• 2 weeks later...

for me. I'd say Rockband 2. Got caught up in the hype and it was also around the time that trophies just came to the ps3, and played the game with my cousin and got some trophies then never played it again. I'll also add Street Figher 4, never gonna plat that game 

• Like 1

So many people here regret Burn zombie burn! I have no idea what it is, but I will sure stay away from it :D

Looks like Resident evil: operation raccoon city is dodgy too. Hmm, I've got 2 copies of it, got it very cheap :P

First and foremost for me are PES2010 and Pure. I just tried them when I just had gotten my PS3. I got the games in a bundle. This was before I understood how the trophy system worked, and how retarded everything that comes from Sony is.

Playstation all-stars battle royale - awful combat system. Couldn't stand it, so dull. Regret I bought it.

Pixeljunk monsters ultimate HD. Ridiculously hard. The fact that you have to perfect clear the stages to progress is what really kills it. You have 20 lives on each stage, but you are not allowed to loose a single one to progress. What's the point with the lives then? Stupid. There is not much strategy to this, since it is trial and error. You have no idea where the monsters are going, so you have to replay the stages to memorize where the monsters are going on each wave, and build the appropriate towers in the right order, because except for the first stages you cannot afford anything but the "right" combination.

Worms 2: armageddon needs to be mentioned. I like the game and I don't really regret it, but the online trophies are glitched and ridiculously hard, so you have to boost and haxx to get them. Stupid. This is the last thing I'll ever buy anything from Team17, they are a bunch of retards. I wonder how they are still in business.

TxK also. I like the game, but the trophies are very hard and there are 2 glitched trophies noone have got.

Retro city rampage. Descent game, but not good and interesting enough to put down the effort

Portal 2, WET and Uncharted 3

I like Wet. I'm actually gonna play some right now. Maybe I'll even go for the platinum in the end :D

Hard Corps: Uprising . Its going to be a real challenge to get 100% for that game.

Hard Corps: Uprising:It's too hard for me……

Derrick's Cabinet:Just not like this game……

That's a game I would raise the trophy levels for, except for the first one. Beating the game on arcade mode without dying should definitely be a platinum.

Resistance 2 - it came free when i got my ps3, i had no idea what it was or what trophies were at that point, not my type of game really

Just Cause 2 - I got told how amazing this was and that I had to play it, so I played for a good while and never really got into it, couldn't get a feel for the controls either, maybe give this one a chance again someday though.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Ep 1 - thought it would remind me of being little and playing sonic on the mega drive, but as it turns out.. it didn't, guess i don't like the little guy all that much anymore :(

Sonic Adventure - don't like it enough to bother getting all the trophies, then they added on dlc too *sigh*

Same here. It is not your fault however. It is not a good game. The graphics is okay, the music has the right sound but doesn't really cut it. What really kills the game is the physics. There is absolutely no momentum. Feels so stupid. I think I endured 2 stages, and I have never touched it again.

Angry Birds - got it for my wife, it was played for 30 minutes

Black Ops 2 - got it for my wife, she played 3 chapters. I did however help some friends with the zombie trophies.

Gravity Rush - dont understand why people like it

MGS3 Vita - same as above

Gravity rush..? wot..?

Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2

Resident Evil 5 and 6

Killzone 2

SF IV

Why?

Gran Turismo 5

Catherine

Goldeneye

COD: MW2 (I never actually played it but it's on my list >,<)

Why?

Newest game that i regret, Touch my Katamari..

And why?

Sine Mora

Sine Mora !

Was this released outside of Japan? (lol doublepost)

• Like 1

Wet and Dead Space Extraction both were so bad it pained me physically and mentally to play it. 

Malicious & Wet

I like Wet, going for it right now :)

ico and shadow of the collosus. :/

and gt5  :D

ICO

Shadow of collosus?

White knight chronicles2

w0t? :/

Catherine (EU version)

I downloaded it from EUR PSN Store, cause it was free for Plus, I loved the game but I realized i wanted to play it in Japanese. Problem is that trophies will not stack and save files are not compatible... 

Speaking of that, there are two versions of Ico & Shadow of the colossus HD collection in Europe. One UK, and one… something else, that shares the same product code with Australia. Strange. Anyone know something about this? I think the trophies are compatible though.

Maybe I should drag that up in another thread, guess noone will find this in this mega three part post :P

Edited by Guenter_G

.detuned, Sonic the Fighters, and Coconut Dodge Revitalised. No, I don't regret Aabs Animals on Vita. If I need a mood boost, I'll play with the kitties.

Aw :)

Oh, man. Where to start?

• Wipeout 2048
  • Farcry 3
  • Germinator
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  • Knytt Underground
  • Battlefield 3
  • Free Realms
  • DC Universe Online
  • Vanquish
  • Labyrinth Legends
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
  • Demon's Souls
  • Super Street Figther IV
  • Malicious
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Ecolibrium
  • Mega Man 10
  • Foosball 2012
  • Zen Pinball 2
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Retro City Rampage
  • Guardians of Middle-Earth
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Definace
  • Anarchy Reigns
  • Cross Edge
  • The Walking Dead
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Holy shit :D

I regret trying out several games in my early stages of my PS3 addiction, and then PS+ subscription... I haven't given up yet for 100%'ing them, but still, I feel it's just a chore really.

SINGSTAR (piece of **** there on the XMB ¬¬) - only one I've hidden.

Dead Nation (PSN Outage. Hard at the time)

Uncharted 3 (Too many F'ing DLC trophies. Game's amazing)

Giana Sisters (PS+. Hard as hell)

Surge Deluxe (PS+. Too boring/time-consuming)

Sound Shapes (I should have kept the PSVita trophy list only. DLCs never stop)

ModNation Racers (Online trophies. Still playing this one)

The only ones there I haven't enjoyed are Surge Deluxe and SingStar. The rest, I might give them a try  :)

Do you like Tetris? Or Puzzle league?

Edit: Mixed up Dead space extraction with Ignition. No opinion about Extraction, so never mind.

Coconut Dodge Revitalised.

:)

Grand Theft Auto IV

Terminator Salvation (game was just terrible)

Brutal Legend (game was really weird and kinda short)

NCAA Basketball 2010 

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (it froze on the first objective. so crappy)

Dragon Age: Origins (it didn't grab me)

Skate 2 (the controls were too off for me)

Katamari Forever 

DC Universe (i played for about a week on the free month)

Dead Space Extraction

Crysis 2

Resistance 2

NHL 12

NHL 13

NCAA Football 12

Dark Souls

Dead Rising 2

Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

The Darkness II

Madden NFL 13

Crysis

Wipeout 2048

Killzone

Gravity Rush

Spartacus Legends

Pinball Arcade

Dragon's Crown

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD

NCAA Football 14

F1 2013

Skullgirls Encore

Joe Danger

Crysis 3

NBA 2k14

lolwut?

Frozen synapse pryme mainly because its was freezing each time.. And now I have one 0% game on my trophy collection >.<

Try redownloading it

Here is my regret list:

- Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (boring)

- Get Off My Lawn

- Pix The Cat 

- Escape Plan

- Rainbow Moon

- Crysis 3

- Surge Deluxe

- Wet

:D

The existence of this thread just reminds me that I really wish we had the option to delete a game from our list if we don't have any of the trophies. You can do that on X-Box and that's about the only good thing I'll say about X-Box.

Why oh why don't we have that?

Ovarall I think the trophy system is pretty bad. 

*Many trophies are utterly stupid and next to impossible. Some are glitched and a few doesn't even work at all. 

*You cannot remove trophies, so you are stuck with stupid shit you or someone else tried. The platinum is pointless and a wasted idea. They could have done something better than just a trophy within the other normal trophies for getting the other trophies…

*Online trophies are really stupid considering the short life span of most games today. They could at least make an update when the servers go down, so you are automatically rewarded all online trophies, or they simply get discarded and are not counted anymore. Or how about given the option if you want to count the online trophies. Sony could keep track of this, game developers could just notify Sony when they are closing their servers and after the next sync the player is then given the option in the trophy list to show or hide the online trophies. Something. Anything. But no…

Edited by Guenter_G
  • Like 2

So many people here regret Burn zombie burn! I have no idea what it is, but I will sure stay away from it :D

It's hard to get the trophies, but I actually thought the game was quite fun.

Ovarall I think the trophy system is pretty bad. 

*Many trophies are utterly stupid and next to impossible. Some are glitched and a few doesn't even work at all. 

*You cannot remove trophies, so you are stuck with stupid shit you or someone else tried. The platinum is pointless and a wasted idea. They could have done something better than just a trophy within the other normal trophies for getting the other trophies…

*Online trophies are really stupid considering the short life span of most games today. They could at least make an update when the servers go down, so you are automatically rewarded all online trophies, or they simply get discarded and are not counted anymore. Or how about given the option if you want to count the online trophies. Sony could keep track of this, game developers could just notify Sony when they are closing their servers and after the next sync the player is then given the option in the trophy list to show or hide the online trophies. Something. Anything. But no…

I rather like the platinum system. It's a good capstone to the rest of the trophies. And why would they award automatically all online trophies? Is that really fair to the people who actually worked to get them within the time frame allowed? And it's not like the life of the online is a month or so. You might need to boost, but honestly, most people aren't going to get online trophies without boosting, anyway (there's no way I would have gotten through the online of BattleFantasia - there are people who can really play that game, and I'm not one of them).

On the contrary, I wish that trophies were harder, and rewarded people who really loved the game, as opposed to the weak sauce often seen. For example, I went through all of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II at level 1. I went through Demon's Souls without dying. But the trophies? Or, right - I made a whole bunch of weapons.

Madden NFL 10 & 13

NASCAR The Game 2011

Need For Speed: Undercover

Rapala Pro Bass Fishing

I never played them, They were on my PS-3 when I got it.

CoD:BO- The AI are unfair on Veteran.

ACE COMBAT INFINITY-The Biggest piece of **** I ever played.

Edited by WulfPack3

• Ace Combat: Infinity

Bayonetta

Borderlands 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Dark Souls (unwillingly borrowed it from a friend, hidden from trophy list)

Defiance

Diablo III

Duke Nukem Forever

Gran Turismo 5

LittleBigPlanet

Lollipop Chainsaw

NBA Live 15 (hidden from trophy list)

Need for Speed: Undercover

Skate 3

Twisted Metal

WET

WWE 2K14

WWE 2K15

Edited by PlanetSurvival

On the contrary, I wish that trophies were harder, and rewarded people who really loved the game, as opposed to the weak sauce often seen. For example, I went through all of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II at level 1. I went through Demon's Souls without dying. But the trophies? Or, right - I made a whole bunch of weapons.

Do yo think that completing a game should be reserved to 1-3% of the players?