what happened to the weekly sales (NA)?

Cisele80

I was expecting a sale like EU had at the end of 2016.

But not even that.

I'm freaking tired of this treat, both regions should have the same deals.

But I guess legal stuff or some stupid reason doesn't let that happen.

5 hours ago, Red-River13 said:

Barely anyone bought stuff from their terrible sales.

Do you have a link? Want to see how terrible their sales were.

14 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

Doesn't NA PSN have the January sale that's ongoing until the 21st? They added more games in to it just recently so maybe they merged the two for this month?

What your referring too is the January sale in the UK and the EU.

I'm sitting with $9 on my American dummy account so i wish they would actually hurry up with the sales.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cisele80 said:

I'm just curious. I used to see these every Tuesday, but haven't seen one for a month or so (not including the flash sale). Has Sony discontinued this practice?

I saw a sight that listed sales for this week and mentioned there was a sale for last week (I'm guessing it really sucked).  This week has very little (go to the store and check weekly sales).  The PSblog hibernates this time of year.  The bums couldnt be bothered to take a few minutes to post a couple of games on sale... Very sad.  Sony is so arrogant their own site for self promotion is asleep at the helm.

17 hours ago, Red-River13 said:

Yeah I don't know why they're being lazy. It's not like their Christmas sales were impressive or anything. Barely anyone bought stuff from their terrible sales.

Yeah it was crazy this year, I actually found disk copies cheaper than digital.  Usually it's the other way around. 

2 hours ago, dmsleight said:

I saw a sight that listed sales for this week and mentioned there was a sale for last week (I'm guessing it really sucked).  This week has very little (go to the store and check weekly sales).  The PSblog hibernates this time of year.  The bums couldnt be bothered to take a few minutes to post a couple of games on sale... Very sad.  Sony is so arrogant their own site for self promotion is asleep at the helm.

yeah claire extended is on sale this week and i think 1 game last week. but i wasn't really thinking those had anything to do with a weekly sale, just the random game that pops up now and then. Usually there are 5-15 games per system on sale per week. or at least there were in 2016. I didn't remember a single week without a sale. although some people say there may have been a week in the beginning of 2016. but we are 2 tuesdays into 2017 without a new sale, which i thought was odd. Maybe they have shifted towards Europe since i think their January/ new years sale was better than anything we saw for the past few months. or maybe they are just taking a break.

29 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Looks like no specific sale this week too. :(

Apparently they are no longer doing Store Update posts on the Blog (which makes the Blog all but useless to visit going forward, thanks Sony...)

There will be some mention of spotlighted DLC and sales in the weekly drop, but no dedicated update post.

Which makes sense, cause really why would anyone want a list of all sales or new DLC released? Much better to just browse the ever-so-functional store. (/sarcasm)

On topic, there are like 10 titles on sale this week. I guess it's better than the last few weeks, but certainly suspect. Don't think this can be called a 'first couple of weeks of the New Year normal down time' anymore.

@diskdocxoh yeah I saw those 10 so games on sale. Just meant they usual have a name to their sales. Unlike the last 3 weeks of just "All Deals" or "Bundles". I guess they just haven't have anything specific yet. Hopefully we still get flash sale next week if not.. Maybe sony is going to try something different this year.

sony/playstation are so inept when it comes to giving their customers what they actually want lol. it's embarrassing. they tried something similar last year on the blog when they attempted to remove the weekly sales lists. enough people complained that it was eventually brought back, so hopefully something similar will happen this time around

• Like 1

God Sony just sucks of not bringing enough variety of sales that it's horrible how they ain't like they was years ago. They used to have everything on sale. Very pathetic of waiting every Tuesday and no freaking sale for once especially more variety of vita and ps3 games not just ps4. -_-

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

46 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

@diskdocxoh yeah I saw those 10 so games on sale. Just meant they usual have a name to their sales. Unlike the last 3 weeks of just "All Deals" or "Bundles". I guess they just haven't have anything specific yet. Hopefully we still get flash sale next week if not.. Maybe sony is going to try something different this year.

I think the flash sale will be this week. The last one was Christmas weekend, so that would be 4weeks ago. This is a 5 Tuesday month though, so maybe not.

Sony needs a good flash since the weekly sales have become so abysmal

• Like 2

On 1/10/2017 at 4:16 PM, ExHaseo said:

I was just thinking about this. It's like this every year. After the holidays, almost nothing is on sale for about a month, then things slowly start to go on sale again. It's always a bit of a bummer.

Actually I was thinking along the lines of it being better that they put up a couple sales right after the New Year, because people like me either got cash, PS Store cards, or gift cards for places that sell games, or some might've even returned a couple items and used the cash to buy PS Store cards.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Actually I was thinking along the lines of it being better that they put up a couple sales right after the New Year, because people like me either got cash, PS Store cards, or gift cards for places that sell games, or some might've even returned a couple items and used the cash to buy PS Store cards.

It was a huge oversight IMO. There were no new titles, and I'm sure lots of people would have paid more attention to the sales.

They probably could have put up half decent discounts and got some sales simply by virtue of there being nothing else of interest those weeks.

Instead they'll throw up a bunch of sales during a super busy week, with a bunch of new AAA titles, and the sales will get totally overlooked.

Of course, if they aren't even going to bother posting weekly store updates anymore, I guess they don't care about informing the consumer.

• Like 1

he prays for a flash sale, anything is better than nothing at this point. 

taking a toll on my backlog as it cant recover.

already finished well over 10 games ever since this month ><. (indies and plats).

Edited by kingdrake2

> People complain about having their infamous backlogs of several hundred games, and not enough time
>> People complain when weekly sales disappear for several weeks

Get through the games you've bought and stop complaining, or if you want something bad enough, be patient and wait for it to go on sale like everybody else does, or buy it full price.

There's a reason why you're never going to clear your backlog. Because you're too busy adding to it and not bothering actually getting through it..................

• Like 3