what happened to the weekly sales (NA)?

Cisele80

They don't always have one every week. Saying you haven't seen one for a month is a bit of an exaggeration, they did one every week in December. After Christmas is a slow time for shopping in general so it's unlikely they'll have them as often. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Cisele80 said:

I'm just curious. I used to see these every Tuesday, but haven't seen one for a month or so (not including the flash sale). Has Sony discontinued this practice?

Here's the post from Decembers Week 3 sale posted on December 20th:

Here's the post from Decembers final Weekly sale posted on December 27th:

As you can see there was a weekly sale every week last month and it's only been 7 days since the last weekly sale ended. 

Maybe it's a new policy for 2017? Maybe they realized people were stopping buying games at full price because people knew to expect a sale every week. I'm guessing they're trying something different for the start of 2017? Or since almost every game was on sale in Dec 2016, they are taking a break for the first few weeks.

2 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

No,

, like Daiv said. Not two weeks, not three weeks, and even less a month.

But this is the 2nd week in a row without a sale is his point I believe. There hasn't been ZERO new sales 2 weeks in a row since... honestly I can't remember (I check the PSN store every week for sales).

2 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

No,

, like Daiv said. Not two weeks, not three weeks, and even less a month.

I think there might have been a misunderstanding. There was no sale last week and there isn't one this week. That makes it two weeks without a sale. Yes, it has literally been a week, but this will be two weeks in a row without a weekly sale.

At least that's how I read the post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClarkZuckerberg said:

Maybe it's a new policy for 2017? Maybe they realized people were stopping buying games at full price because people knew to expect a sale every week. I'm guessing they're trying something different for the start of 2017? Or since almost every game was on sale in Dec 2016, they are taking a break for the first few weeks.

But this is the 2nd week in a row without a sale is his point I believe. There hasn't been ZERO new sales 2 weeks in a row since... honestly I can't remember (I check the PSN store every week for sales).

Yep, this is the second week in a row with no sales, I don't know which sales the other guys saw last week, unless they're interested in avatars and themes.

23 minutes ago, predator086siren said:

i can confirm its been 1 week without a sale, next hope is january 17 so that makes 2 weeks

What is the sale last week?? Jan 3rd? And what is the weekly sale this week? Jan 10. I see 2 weeks of weekly sales missing.

5 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Doesn't NA PSN have the January sale that's ongoing until the 21st? They added more games in to it just recently so maybe they merged the two for this month?

No,  that's what EU has instead of what NA got in December which was the 4 weeks of holiday sales.  

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

They probably just figure that most people's wallets are still recovering from the torment they received last month. :P

Jokes aside though, it does make sense that after the holidays where you have days like Christmas, Boxing day and the weekly sales all in close proximity with each other, that they would decide to take a period in which it gives us time to recooperate and time for them to plan future sales. Not to mention that is nice for once that there is a period I don't have to worry about expanding my backlog. 

i would give it one more week, they haven't ever had a time in which it was totally dry for 3 weeks.

though the 2 week dry sales have happened before just very uncommon. 

i can always order some games if it doesn't improve but only as a last resort. backlog just keeps going down ><.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

i would give it one more week, they haven't ever had a time in which it was totally dry for 3 weeks.

though the 2 week dry sales have happened before just very uncommon. 

i can always order some games if it doesn't improve but only as a last resort. backlog just keeps going down ><.

I think so too that it should pick up somewhere until the end of the month. 

I keep an eye open for flash sale maybe this week-end but besides that, the wallet and the backlog are recovering in the meanwhile ?