Games that doesn't have missable trophies

Fugl7

EDIT: I've realized that my topic is quite confusing, so i'm gonna try to address my issue another way.

I'm looking for games that you can simply put in the disc play through it and then concentrate on going for the trophies afterwards without risk of an extra playthrough. I don't mind using a guide after completion to clean up the trophies, but I want to finish some games like back in the old days when there wasn't any trophy support and you played all your games your way,

For a lot of games I don't mind those extra playthroughs, but that's not the case for all games. Some games you just want to be done with after you finish them because they aren't for you. 

For example. Bloodborne is a huge game. But if you not follow a guide from the start you'll have to play through it once more to clean up the final trophies (With Bloodborne I wouldn't mind that, but you'll never know that before completing it) which ruins the experience in a way since I feel I have to play through it a specific way. On the other hand TLoU is a game you'll have to play through multiple times and all of the trophies are mainly connected to collectibles. By having this knowledge I could concentrate on doing the game my way and not worry about the trophies before the second playthrough.

Hope this clearify things!

Fugl7.png

Edited by Fugl7

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

Well technically no game requires a guide. I mean how do you think most guides get written...it is by people playing without a guide.

Some of the guide writers do use a guide if they're writing it for a trophy guide. There are game strategy guides that show off where every collectable is and normally they're released when the game is so someone may use them as a walkthrough. Aside from that, not every guide writer is the first person to discover various strategies. But when it comes to the topic of the original thread, I think CSGO is a PS3 game that doesn't require a guide, most trophies come through natural play and can be earned against the bots. Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy isn't too bad without any guide, most Precursor Orbs are in places where you will find them naturally through story progression. But it depends exactly how much you need to rely on a guide, because for Jak 2 and 3, I used the precursor orb glitch, but that was the only "guide" I referred to, after doing the precursor orb glitch you can basically just play through the story and get every trophy naturally. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlphaSergen said:

Some of the guide writers do use a guide if they're writing it for a trophy guide. There are game strategy guides that show off where every collectable is and normally they're released when the game is so someone may use them as a walkthrough. Aside from that, not every guide writer is the first person to discover various strategies. But when it comes to the topic of the original thread, I think CSGO is a PS3 game that doesn't require a guide, most trophies come through natural play and can be earned against the bots. Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy isn't too bad without any guide, most Precursor Orbs are in places where you will find them naturally through story progression. But it depends exactly how much you need to rely on a guide, because for Jak 2 and 3, I used the precursor orb glitch, but that was the only "guide" I referred to, after doing the precursor orb glitch you can basically just play through the story and get every trophy naturally. 

Well I have written about 2 dozen trophy guides and you just figure it out.

The thing is if he wants to play it "old school" but only play easy games then what is the point. Just go and play some games you enjoy and then after you beat it all yourself you can go back and mop up what you missed with a guide.

22 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

I was wondering if anyone knew about some games that is manageable to do without using a guide or has an easy set of cleanup trophies. The main reason for this is that i'm currently looking for a way to get back to the old way of playing games before my efficent way of plating games i do nowadays.

Obviously the Telltale games are these kind of games that you can just play without thinking about trophies, but it doesn't necassarily have to be these kind of games. Just want to avoid those long grinds or that extra playthrough just because i'd miss that one trophy near the end because i didn't knew about it or that I missed a good spot for doing that one specific trophy. Let me know if you have a game that comes to mind and maybe give me a heads up about what i should be aware of before starting to play it:)

Fugl7.png

My Name is Mayo. Can't get any simpler than that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well I have written about 2 dozen trophy guides and you just figure it out.

The thing is if he wants to play it "old school" but only play easy games then what is the point. Just go and play some games you enjoy and then after you beat it all yourself you can go back and mop up what you missed with a guide.

Fair play to you mate! I'm not looking for easy games to plat that's not the reason for making this thread. I've actually done my fair share of hard games back in the day without guides just to get that straight. I'm not one to usally drop out of playing a game just for it's hard trophies, but as some games requires multible playthroughs to get all of the trophies, i'd hate to add more than necassary by missing out on some of these so called missable trophies.

Back in the day when trophies didn't count as much and i'd just played for the pure experience. That's what i'm looking for. Just to play the game to completion without relaying on some guides and that all the missing trophies can be accessed after the game are finished without having to play another playthrough. For example. The Last of Us on PS3 i'd knew that I had to do multible playthroughs and the majority of the trophies are connected to collectibles. With that knowledge i could just sit back and enjoy the experience it was went to be and not think about the trophies as they could all be done in the second playthrough. Tomb Raider on the other hand required just one playthrough and you have to be aware of collectibles, kill specific trophies etc. So you would have to use a guide to avoid a second playthrough. Still remember i had to play through Wheelman (not a very fun game) 3 times because i didn't use a guide and didn't think of making save files on specific locations)...

Back to the reason for the topic: I'm not looking for easy games with an easy platinum but straight forward platinums that you can easily complete after you finish them. Some platinums remove the freedom of playing it your way just because my OCD wants me to complete it. Hope this clearify the topic.

Fugl7.png

I'm gonna assume you mean you don't want to look at a guide, but you are willing to look at all the trophy descriptions.

Surprisingly, Final Fantasy XV is kind of like this. It has no missables, and if you were to simply go through the motions and do most of the quests in the game (including post-game), you'd basically end up with all the trophies (as long as you made a point of running everywhere and often camping). It has no platinum, but Thomas Was Alone can be 100% without a guide. Watchdogs also has a relatively simple trophy list if you can be creative after reading the trophy descriptions. Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell, Far cry 4 , Bioshock 2, Infamous Second Son and Infamous First Light could count as well, but I see you've already played those.

Having trouble thinking of any others, most games have collectible trophies for which a guide is basically mandatory, or some online component that you need to read a lot about to learn how to get XP quickly and stuff like that. 

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 1

*Some Telltale games, not all. Their games like The Wolf Among Us require a guide, which seperates it from TWD and makes it a 1/10 (presented form of difficulty, even if tiny) as opposed to 0/10 (no difficulty or obstacle present at all/beating game = getting platinum).

Jak games is wrong, as only the first game has managably, acceptably, mostly easy findable collectibles, which is due to the game being a collectathon only. I find a few other comments here misleading to.

Most other games have difficult enough collectibles due to level design and/or placement. Finding all collectibles in the Uncharted games (U4 had some incredibly stupid locations, some of which were actually placed pretty much outside reachable realms at times) and many other games are extremely hard to impossible to find on your own (good luck finding all of The Swapper's by yourself), especially in linear stage games where youre not allowed to go back to search certain locations, thus you'll never know which segments of a level to start and stop looking in. Without hints, youre generally going to be spending a massive amount of tedious time and playthroughs finding them on your own. (Its not fun at all, I do it all the time.)

Aside from Teslagrad, I have maintained a pattern in my games of finding as much as I can and can take before using a guide. I usually tend to pass the half point on all games, but several of the ones you miss are in really, really tough locations.

And as one guy said, technically, guides give that kind of information, so you could really look at online guides as leaked or given away for free giveaway locations tools. Its not like using a glitch, exploit, or cheat, especially since nowhere does it say "dont share this information with others".

And some more truth is a massive amount of gamers wouldnt have game's platinums if it wasnt for guides. Attempting to find them all alone in every game you play can easily rival playtime in RPGS.

As for a list of recomnended games:

- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

- Inside

- Just Cause 3

- Styx Master of Shadows

- Dead Nation

- The Legend of Korra

Cant remember other games ive played too well, so thats all I can list now.

EDIT: I somehow thought the problem in the OP was related to collectible trophies... oops.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mar said:

*Some Telltale games, not all. Their games like The Wolf Among Us require a guide, which seperates it from TWD and makes it a 1/10 as opposed to 0/10.

Jak games is wrong, as only the first game has managably, acceptably, mostly easy findable collectibles, which is due to the game being a collectathon only. I find a few other comments here misleading to.

Most other games have difficult enough collectibles due to level design. Finding all collectibles in the Uncharted games (U4 had some incredibly stupid locations, some of which were actually placed pretty much outside enviroment barriers at times) and many other games are extremely hard to impossible to find on your own, especially in linear stage games where youre not allowed to go back to search certain locations, thus youre never know which segment of a level to start and stop looking in. Without hints, youre generally going to be spending a massive amount of tedious time and playthroughs finding them on your own. (Its not fun at all, I do it all the time.)

Aside from Teslagrad, I have maintained a pattern in my ganes of finding as much as I can and can take before using a guide. I usually tend to pass the half point on all game, but several of the ones you miss are in really, really tough locations.

And as one guy said, technically, guides give that kind of information, so you could really look at online guides as leaked or given away for free giveaway locations. Its not like using a glitch, exploit, or cheat, especially since nowhere does it say "dont share this information with others".

And some more truth is a massive amount of gamers wouldnt have game's platinums if it wasnt for guides. Attempting to find them all alone in every game you play can easily rival playtime in RPGS.

11 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

I'm gonna assume you mean you don't want to look at a guide, but you are willing to look at all the trophy descriptions.

Surprisingly, Final Fantasy XV is kind of like this. It has no missables, and if you were to simply go through the motions and do most of the quests in the game (including post-game), you'd basically end up with all the trophies (as long as you made a point of running everywhere and often camping). It has no platinum, but Thomas Was Alone can be 100% without a guide. Watchdogs also has a relatively simple trophy list if you can be creative after reading the trophy descriptions. Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell, Far cry 4 , Bioshock 2, Infamous Second Son and Infamous First Light could count as well, but I see you've already played those.

Having trouble thinking of any others, most games have collectible trophies for which a guide is basically mandatory, or some online component that you need to read a lot about to learn how to get XP quickly and stuff like that. 

That's more like it. Also what I haven't made very clear is that i don't mind using a guide to clean up trophies. I'd just want the first playthrough of the game be about the experience without thinking abouth the trophies just to realise I have to play it once more to get some specific trophies that could have been achieved by knowing about them early on.

Fugl7.png

43 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

That's more like it. Also what I haven't made very clear is that i don't mind using a guide to clean up trophies. I'd just want the first playthrough of the game be about the experience without thinking abouth the trophies just to realise I have to play it once more to get some specific trophies that could have been achieved by knowing about them early on.

Fugl7.png

Like missable trophies. But tbh, if you ignore or miss a lot of collectibles, with games like Uncharted where you cant level select segments of chapters, youre practically then are replaying the game when you go to clean up those collectibles. But not all games are annoying like Uncharted's, like The Order and Killzone Shadow Fall, so missable trophies are then the major issue.

There are also some games where difficulty trophies dont stack (Zombi, others), new game plus modes have trophies (meaning forced secondary playthroughs) (The Last of Us, Castle Crashers others), and some difficulties that have trophies are locked until you beat on a unlocked difficulty (Uncharted Trilogy [PS3], Furi, Resident Evil, others), oh and even different path/character trophies that you see in inFAMOUS games, Fallout games(?), Borderlands, others.

But then again, you apparantly want a list of games that dont have those kind of trophies. So I was kinda rambling. But tbh, you'd be missing out on a lot of great games this way.

Edited by Mar

2 minutes ago, Mar said:

Like missable trophies. But tbh, if you ignore or miss a lot of collectibles, with games like Uncharted where you cant level select segments of chapters, youre practically then are replaying the game when you go to clean up those collectibles. But not all games are annoying like Uncharted's, like The Order and Killzone Shadow Fall, so missable trophies are then the major issue.

There are also some games where difficulty trophies dont stack, new game plus modes have trophies (meaning forced secondary playthroughs), and some difficulties that have trophies are locked until you beat on a unlocked difficulty. 

But then again, you apparantly want a list of games that dont have those kind of trophies. So I was kinda rambling. But tbh, you'd be missing out on a lot of great games this way.

Thx for the reply. I've done all of the Uncharted games and since you basicly had to do more than one playthrough (crushing not unlocking before you've completed them on hard) i could dedicate my first playthrough to just play the gane my way without worrying to much about the trophies. I'm not gonna stop playing games because of collectibles or hard trophies. I play what I peaks my interests, but when the game has trophies I often get tempted to look in a guide for the quickest way to achive it. Just plated Gat Out of Hell (a game i didn't care much for before started it, but wanted to give a shot since it was free with PS+ a couple of months ago). By looking in the guide I found out that you should save certain events for after you've finished the game for grinding. If it wasn't for the guide i would have done those events early on and I would have used alot more time grinding in the end than looking it up before hand. This "force" me to play the game a specific way to avoid that.

It's really stupid really, but some games aren't that fun to play after you finish them and then I would rather be done with em as quick as possible. If I knew about the trophies that I had to play through it atleast 3 times and there would be no risk of a 4th playthrough by just playing it for the experience the first time it would keep my OCD at ease. If I start looking on the trophies before hand i get to tempted to just get em over with straight away. So by knowing about those platinums that I don't have to think about before after completing the game would give me more of that "old school" experience that I miss from back in the day when trophies wasn't that important.

Fugl7.png

Topic seems pointless:  Just don't look at a guide.  All issues solved and you can play like the old days again.  This works for all games so it's pointless to suggest games. 

Guides are created by players who want to share info and tricks/etc.  They aren't there for mandatory usage.  You can use them or don't use them, that's up to you.   

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

Just now, harsly said:

I'm playing SOMA right now, and as far as I know, only one trophy requires your attention, for which you can read the description before starting the game. I'm playing through blindly.

Yep, even the one missable trophy is very hard to miss! You'd have to kill someone that's clearly not hostile to miss it. 

11 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Aabs Animals , simple enough without a guide i guess . Just play for 5 minutes and 'pop' 100 %

He said he wanted to play games to enjoy himself without worrying too much about trophies, not that he wanted to earn a bunch of un-fun trophies without having to look up a guide lol. In that mindset, you might as well recommend Terminator Salvation :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QuentinCle95 said:

Yep, even the one missable trophy is very hard to miss! You'd have to kill someone that's clearly not hostile to miss it. 

He said he wanted to play games to enjoy himself without worrying too much about trophies, not that he wanted to earn a bunch of un-fun trophies without having to look up a guide lol. In that mindset, you might as well recommend Terminator Salvation :lol:

Or Hannah Montana :lol:

I didn't saw that he wanted to enkoy himself playing and thinking he wanted games that don't require a guide to get trophies with ease , not concerning any kind of game .

3 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Topic seems pointless:  Just don't look at a guide.  All issues solved and you can play like the old days again.  This works for all games so it's pointless to suggest games. 

Guides are created by players who want to share info and tricks/etc.  They aren't there for mandatory usage.  You can use them or don't use them, that's up to you.   

Well if it was that easy I wouldn't make this post in the first place mate:) I realize that this topic is quite confusing so i've rewritten it.

My trophy addiction is at that stage that i'll need to play through all games to get 100% (sad, but I don't feel like I can continue on a lot of new games before I've finished my old games), While I enjoy this, I miss the old way of play games and some of my best experiences has been when I'm not concentrating so much on the trophies in the beginning. Just wanna know about games with no missable trophies. That's all 

Edited by Fugl7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

Well if it was that easy I wouldn't make this post in the first place mate:) I realize that this topic is quite confusing so i've rewritten it.

My trophy addiction and my need to play through all games to get 100%, While I enjoy this, I miss the old way of play games and some of my best experiences has been when I'm not concentrating so much on the trophies in the beginning. Just wanna know about games with no missable trophies. That's all 

I actually can really get where you're coming from. Time is so limited now, and there's more games worth playing than ever imo.

And agreed some of my best memories is when I'm not focusing at all on a guide, or accidentally reading something about the game too early. 

And with my platinum obsession now for JRPGs it's hard to choose one over the other. 

That's why games with new game+ where you have to playthrough at least once without too much worry about getting anything is nice sometimes(if not time consuming). 

Persona 4 golden is like that. 

Though for less time consuming platinum, I actually didn't use a guide for FFXV intentionally until near end game because I wanted to just enjoy the game

Tales of Symphonia is another you can just enjoy the game fully during the first playthrough without a guide, with ~4 playthroughs, the first can definitely be guide free. 

• Like 1