Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

Few Switch updates for myself:

1. Finished my Nuzlocke run of BDSP.  I lost 2 Pokémon through the entire run... Weavile off a 5-hit rock blast crit with a wild graveller. And lost Roselia during my final battle with Cynthia. I thought giga drain would 1 shot milotic... it took 3/4 health and used mirror coat on me.  Made the Gastrodon fight really tough. Was able to get through it with Yawn spam.

My final team was Staraptor, Infernape,  Chimeco (Yawn was soooo clutch against Gastrodon), Roselia,  Gyrados (swept after yawning), and Luxray.

The double intimidate was really good the whole run and Chimeco was a good replacement for Weavile. If I wasn't reckless, I could have probably did it without losing a single Pokémon,  but meh. Still had fun.

2. I am on the final chapter of Xenoblade 3 and have all classes ascended.  Now, just doing side missions and defeating unique monsters. 

3. I bought Splatoon 3 (pre-ordered) and Corpse factory.  Corpse factory looks like a great, late-night October VN to play in October and was on sale for 25% off. Also got great reviews and isn't on Playstation so ++++. Also looking forward to splatoon,  but will probably be a weekend game. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

Finished xenoblade 2 ABIUT ..:a week ago ? Should be almost done with torna and I’ll be all good to get 3 for my birthday hopefully .

there’s a lot of issues with xenoblade 2 but my god do I love that game . The combat system is probsbly one of my favorites in a jrpg , the world is amazing to explore and see , and THAT MUSIC HNNNNNG

TORNA is also amazing . Easily one of the best addons for a game I’ve played .

at some point I think I need to buckl down to finish botw before the sequel comes out and if the rumors of TWW/TP coming to switch too that will also divide my attention 

• Like 3

On 9/7/2022 at 7:56 PM, JPtheNeurotic said:

Finished xenoblade 2 ABIUT ..:a week ago ? Should be almost done with torna and I’ll be all good to get 3 for my birthday hopefully .

there’s a lot of issues with xenoblade 2 but my god do I love that game . The combat system is probsbly one of my favorites in a jrpg , the world is amazing to explore and see , and THAT MUSIC HNNNNNG

Yeah, I agree. I really enjoyed the battle system and it really allowed you to customize your team to what works for you and getting it to synergize well was always a fun challenge.  My only issue with the combat was the RnG factor in getting unique blades and how it pretty much makes any "regular" ones scrubby by comparison in battle. They also made it difficult to transfer unique blades too which kind of sucked when you got a new party member. xD

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

A few days ago I beat Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I still have some side content to do in that game, but I’m done with the main story portion at least. Personally it’s my favorite game in the franchise. I love the class system they added, which reminds me of job class systems from games like Final Fantasy V and Bravely Default. Another thing I love about that game is that the side quests as a whole feel much more important to the overall narrative and world building than in past games, which gave me much more incentive to do as much of them as possible.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:08 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I agree. I really enjoyed the battle system and it really allowed you to customize your team to what works for you and getting it to synergize well was always a fun challenge.  My only issue with the combat was the RnG factor in getting unique blades and how it pretty much makes any "regular" ones scrubby by comparison in battle. They also made it difficult to transfer unique blades too which kind of sucked when you got a new party member. xD

oh yeah the gacha system gave me so much anxiety that in retrospect its not even worth woryying about. The whole point for better or for worse is to make each palythorgh unique in trying ot figure out party composition.

Still NOT a fan per say, but I know I will replay it in the future and will try a less worried approach to the blade systems. 

I actually started a new palythotgh of the first game xD but we will see how long I will stick to it as I do haveo ther games to paly and Id like to hopefully get 3 soonish.

Also I did finish Torna and FFFFFF wow so worth getting the seaon pass for it. Its essentially more Xenoblade 2, but more refined? and just GOOD.

I really don't know if I can put into words how much I love and is obsessed with Tetsuya Takahashi works. At the moment, I haven't played blade 3 or X and thats it as far as the Xeno games go. Its crazy how these games have cemented themselves in my mind as some of my favorite games of all time despite playing them all only a few years ago. Like, these games are right up with others like Silent Hill or Ocarina of Time that jsut live in my head and I keep thinking about.

wow this went longer than I expected lmao

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 8:04 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Nintendo is releasing a Violet/Scarlet themed Switch OLED on November 4.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/09/nintendo-reveals-colourful-pokemon-themed-switch-oled 

Damn it looks cool, specially the dock. It feels a bit overwhelming on the back but… I’d buy it.

I just think the OLED version is still not enough to switch my old one but it looks so cool, damn.

• Like 2

Heads up that there's a selection of Atlus games on sale in 3DS eShop in Europe: https://psprices.com/region-fi/discounts/?platform=3DS&sort=date

We celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary yesterday with a day off work and a special Pokémon Black & White themed cake. The cake is black and white with decorative gold paint spatters and it's filled with strawberries, blueberries, banana, quark and cream. 

a62fe2eefe15c4ac43a0685bd4f4f328bd7b3f3b.jpgf47e1a40e26a164fe668577efa67c81215217583.jpg

59a0ae99ab76519d0435797375cb06fa49734abe.jpgd87168c375cfd53651c41b838ed56862a76ad44b.jpg

Very fancy cake but I was a bit disappointed with the baker as for some reason they had used a different image on the cake than the one we had sent. The point was to have the game covers of Pokémon Black and Pokémon White on the cake as those games were the first ones we played together on Nintendo 3DS with my husband. After that we've played all the mainline Pokémon games together. 3DS is still our favorite console and Pokémon Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 are our favorite games in the series. At least they had gotten Reshiram and Zekrom right and the cake tasted pretty good.

Didn't want any games as a gift this time as I'm trying to finish a few titles I'm playing currently. I started Star Ocean: First Departure R on Switch a few days ago too and I was impressed with the visual style. The protagonist's default name "Roddick" was really something.. I was tempted to name him Staffcock. :P

Btw, if any of you got Splatoon 3, does it still have the normal Turf Wars (2 teams of 4 players competing against each other)? I was confused with the demo Splatfest that apparently had some weird mode with 3 teams.

• Like 3

I got my daughter a Switch gift card for $25. She scratched it off with a steak knife and we can't figure out the code. I don't really want to bother with trying to call support over it so I'll post it up here. If you can figure out the code. It's yours. Please let me know if you get it so I can edit this post and let others know not to waste their time. 

20220809_140501-scaled.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

@Eyjabria Looks great and tasty, congratulations on the anniversary, 13 is quite a number.

Thank you! :)

1 hour ago, Man of Inaction said:

I got my daughter a Switch gift card for $25. She scratched it off with a steak knife and we can't figure out the code. I don't really want to bother with trying to call support over it so I'll post it up here. If you can figure out the code. It's yours. Please let me know if you get it so I can edit this post and let others know not to waste their time. 

Oh no, what bad luck with the code. I can't decipher what the code is either. 

We had those eShop scratch cards here in Finland earlier too but recently they've moved to a more modern card type. We have cards that have a barcode that's scanned at the store cash register and they will output a code on the receipt. It helps avoid damage that can happen when scratching but it's not a totally foolproof system: a cashier told us that some kids had bought an eShop card, taken the worthless card with them and thrown away the receipt that contained the actual code.

@Eyjabria: Congrats on your anniversary and the cake looks really good and tasty. The Black and White image came out great tbh. Hope that Atlus 3DS sale will come again to the NA shop, been contemplating whether or not to get Strange Journey Redux. 

@Man of Inaction: That sucks, I did the same mistake too when I was redeeming a $20 card and spent hours trying to figure out the code. I think it's still worth contacting support and work something out.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land update: Reached world six and the levels get better everytime (the music is also worth praising). It possibly might be my fav Switch game of the year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NullRay85 said:

@Eyjabria: Congrats on your anniversary and the cake looks really good and tasty. The Black and White image came out great tbh. Hope that Atlus 3DS sale will come again to the NA shop, been contemplating whether or not to get Strange Journey Redux. 

Thank you! :) We may order another cake from the same person for my birthday if I can come up with an idea for a theme.

I played SMT Strange Journey Redux a few months ago and it was a nice game with many good qualities. The level design in some of the later dungeons was aggravating but the characters and setting were great.

• Like 1

Splatoon 3 seems fun so far but I managed to get into all of 3 matches before I started having connection issues. Apparently there's a glitch when you fight the final boss of the story mode that wipes your progress, too, so I'm going to hold off on that for a bit as well.

On the bright side my girlfriend bought me BOTW for my birthday so I suppose I'll have a crack at that shortly.

19 hours ago, Void said:

Nintendo looks to be censoring games now. That is not good, let the creators have their freedom to create the games they want.

God, I hope so.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

So Legend of Zelda rumors may be true... fingers crossed on Advanced Wars and Metroid Prime news along with some WW!

Also waiting for:

Fatal Frame 4 Re-Release May Be Among the Announced Games

Alongside new information on already announced titles, it is likely that new games will be announced during this September Nintendo Direct. The ever-reliable The Snitch, who correctly revealed information regarding several titles before their official announcement, has teased a re-release of the fourth entry in the Fatal Frame series, Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, which was released on the Nintendo Wii back in 2008 and never made it to the West.

https://wccftech.com/new-nintendo-direct-to-air-on-september-13th-fatal-frame-4-re-release-may-be-among-the-announced-games/

WyyG7MG.jpg

• Like 4

FINALLY. Took them long enough.

Unfortunately I already know that there will be nothing there I care about. But that's fine. I got the Direct that was good for me (February). I'll be happy for Hollow Knight fans if Silksong gets a date though. Damn thing needs to come out at this point.

I'll still watch though. I just don't think anything will be shown that I'll care about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

So Legend of Zelda rumors may be true... fingers crossed on Advanced Wars and Metroid Prime news along with some WW!

Wish they'd remake the DS games, although that might be a bit difficult on a single screen, at least for Dual Strike's two front missions. The OG games are fun and all but I miss the pure chaos of tag powers as well as how good the tag power (/ CO power in Days of Ruin) theme was.

Will probably pick up the remake ASAP though regardless.

• Like 3

40 mins is a bit short for a Direct but I'm hoping Nintendo will showcase some big stuff. 

Really interested in finding out if the Zelda Collection rumors are true. I'm not holding out for a Metroid Prime 4 update, but if they do announce something, they should re-relase the Trilogy for the Switch eShop for newcomers to catch up. 

I'm expecting they'll annonuce something in relation with NSO since there's tough competition with subscriptions recently. Kirby Forgotten Land and Legends Arceus kept pestering me into subscribing to NSO, but even with cheap price I'm still not sold on it. More retro offerings like GBA/GC games and discounts would win me over. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NullRay85 said:

40 mins is a bit short for a Direct but I'm hoping Nintendo will showcase some big stuff. 

Really interested in finding out if the Zelda Collection rumors are true. I'm not holding out for a Metroid Prime 4 update, but if they do announce something, they should re-relase the Trilogy for the Switch eShop for newcomers to catch up. 

I'm expecting they'll annonuce something in relation with NSO since there's tough competition with subscriptions recently. Kirby Forgotten Land and Legends Arceus kept pestering me into subscribing to NSO, but even with cheap price I'm still not sold on it. More retro offerings like GBA/GC games and discounts would win me over. 

I want to see Game Boy classics myself but I've lost count of how many times that one ended up being false. What I would give to play Super Mario Land again like I did in 1990 (showing my age here to be sure... 42 to be exact).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Icebrand1270 said:

I hope the fans get what they want with this Direct. In the same breath, I hope the "journalists" are proven false in their predictions so people FINALLY stop believing every false rumor that comes out of their mouths. It will probably be somewhere in the middle of course.

Agreed. I don't get why people pay much attention to these "insiders". Sure they are sometimes correct (I don't pay much attention to them but it seems like a lot of the correct predictions are pretty safe guesses), but how many times have they predicted Metroid Prime Trilogy is "about to come out" for Switch? And then when they're called out on it they claim they're still correct that the game is ready, but that Nintendo is holding onto completed games to release later. Well that's possible when it's a few months or a year, sure. But this long? Those rumors about MP Trilogy started when the Switch was first released... and that logic just doesn't hold up.

Also I'm calling it now, a Zelda collection seems unlikely since Skyward Sword was a solo release. The only recent collection of "full fat" remasters was Mario 3D All-Stars, but that was only one game from the Gamecube generation. Anyway, I think Nintendo would be more likely to release one of the GC Zeldas before BotW2 and the other afterwards, to help space out the fans who can't wait for the next game in the series. Or maybe the collection is Four Swords / Four Swords Adventures. ?

Anyway, the Direct will have at least one thing of interest for me if past Directs are any indication. It should be fun.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 3