Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, Zephrese said:

And there it is, as expected. A bit disappointed - but not surprised - that it turned out to be a partner showcase after all, but this just makes it even more likely that the announcement for a new console isn't far away (at least imo).

Could be getting an exclusive from a major Japanese publisher.

• Like 2

And there it is, as expected. A bit disappointed - but not surprised - that it turned out to be a partner showcase after all, but this just makes it even more likely that the announcement for a new console isn't far away (at least imo).

Damn, who would've guessed? lmao

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

My guess is for Pokemon we just DLC and expansion announcements. Maybe they finally drop Gen 1 games into the GameBoy app.

If they announce a new game, I bet it's a spin-off of the Netflix show. A spa manager game or something.

Something big like Arceus 2 or something in that vein would be cool but I doubt we see any major Nintendo game drops until Switch 2 next year.

1 hour ago, TheStark700 said:

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Edition might get announced tomorrow. Possibly even coming to other platforms too.

It was rated recently and has been rumored for awhile.

Surprised it took this long.

Hopefully SMT4/Apocalypse collection gets the port announcement soon.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Makes me question if they are still going to do the reveal next month if it's true that it's been delayed to Q1 2025. Doesn't make much sense to have a one year promotion cycle but clearly they'll do whatever the hell they want. Only time will tell obviously.

13 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Damn, who would've guessed? lmao

Yeah no surprise here. Like I said before... it'll likely be a Johto or Unova game. I'd prefer Johto, but again, they'll do whatever the hell they want.

• Like 3

That was pretty aight. Expected to see Grounded (or at least a Microsoft/Xbox game; good for the people that wanted this), Epic Mickey getting a remake was a pleasant surprise that I'm definitely willing to give a go, MH Stories getting ported to other platforms after all these years made me really giddy, SMTV getting a re-release was also expected and still really nice to see, Killer Instinct being added to NSO is great because I loved that game to death as a kid and haven't played it in a long time, and there was obviously other stuff that looked pretty neat too. I want to try out the demo for Unicorn Overlord, ngl.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

Snake Rattle 'n' Roll and Blast Corps - Switch Online subscribers are in for a treat! Would have posted a photo of my physical copies but lighting in the evening is so bad.

I'm looking forward to Fantasy Life i as the original on 3DS is in my fond memories and I often think I should play it again. Especially the crafting was so much fun. I hope the extra time in the oven proves to be fruitful in terms of the game's quality and fun factor. 

Unicorn Overlord looks good as well but... so many games. I might consider buying it physical but I have Muramasa Rebirth and Aegis Rim in my backlog too. 

Monster Hunter Stories was a nice game that had some cute features, I recommend. I'm still salty the sequel didn't include rider card customization and an animation when you go to sleep! 

Pocket Card Jockey I already have on 3DS but haven't had time to start. 

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance I doubt I'll get as I have the original SMT V still unplayed (as well as SMT IV: Apocalypse). I'm sure I'll be fine with the content provided by SMT V.

• Like 2

I want to slap myself for getting Shin Megami Tensei V earlier this year lol

Will get it again on PS5 this time. 

Rest of it was...eh was alright.

Excited for: Star Wars Battlefront Collection, Monter Hunter Stories Remaster, and Unicorn Overlord

• Like 1

Played a little Killer Instinct. I probably haven't played the original since the days of my Dad taking me to the Arcades. Still a lot of fun...I got my ass handed to me, but fun nonetheless. 

Can only hope the Pokemon Presents gives us the Gen 1 games on NSO for Gameboy. But I'm not holding my breath. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

The OG Killer Instinct on the Switch?! Might just get the NSO sub for that and Jet Force Gemini after all!!

Jet Force Gemini is possibly worth it for the sub but I don't think KI would be unless you're super into it.

8 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I'll be completely honest... Penny's Big Breakaway intrigues the hell out of me. However... it also bothers the hell out of me that it's digital only 😒

It's anyone's guess what the reason behind the fallout for the Sonic mania devs and Sega was but hey, their loss is everyone's gain with this new game.

A Monkey Ball Battle Royale mode wasn't on my Sega bingo card for 2024.

While the Gundam Breaker franchise has been just okay, that new diorama mode will be super cool to play with.

When the South Park game switched over to the gameplay segment I immediately noticed how rough the terrain textures looked, reminded me almost of the N64 game. Hopefully that's just Switch gameplay.

New Contra game looks okay-ish but it's evident from the fact its segment was so short just how irreparable the damage Rogue Corps has done to the franchise.

Pocket Jockey leaving Apple jail is cool.

A Demon's Slayer themed Warioware style game? Is DS really that popular in Japan? I imagine that's who it's mainly intended for, the Japanese love their microgame collections.

Another Crab's Treasure looks really cool but they gave it a little too much time.

Endless Ocean is cool but a little presumptuous on their part to have the ability to host 30 person lobbies. I feel it's more novelty than practical.

It sucks we didn't get any major games unless you count the Xbox stuff which I don't.

I'd still rate the show a solid 8/10.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Jet Force Gemini is possibly worth it for the sub but I don't think KI would be unless you're super into it.

Man what?! I grew up playing Killer Instinct and damn near done everyone's Ultra's, Ultimate moves in the game. Even beaten the game on the hardest difficulty! Thumbs were sore as hell, but it was worth it!! So both games are worth the sub! And besides, I never really beaten Jet Force lol

• Like 3

The Epic Mickey Remake looks like the only thing from the partner showcaae that I'm actually interested in. Haven't played the game since 2013 on Nintendo Wii. Never finished it. I didnt buy Epic Mickey 2 but I did get the Nintendo 3DS sequel. That game sucked, Power of Illusion was bad. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dantes_994 said:

My obligatory, yearly "are we getting the 3ds Fire Emblem games on the switch" post :D

so... are we? ahhaha Considering that more and more 3ds games are getting ports I don't see why we don't see those come over too! 

That seems like a logical idea for Nintendo and Intelligent Systems, to be able to sell all the DLC to us again. 😅

I could see FE Fates Definitive Edition being $60 but including all 3 routes, with the other DLC still being sold separately, and the other two games being left untouched. 

I've played these games in a strange order. I'm playing Radiant Dawn now, which leaves me with only Sacred Stones left. I think that was confirmed for NSO so I'll play it there. 

Anyway this is one of the more fractured Nintendo series, and it would be nice to get as many of them on one platform as possible. Several of the games weren't officially localized but even just the localized games leaves a good chunk of the series stuck on older systems. 

• Like 3

If anyone else was interested in or intrigued by Reynatis, the Final Fantasy Versus XIII-like game that was shown off in the japanese version of the Nintendo Partner Showcase... it's also coming to PS4 and PS5 and is releasing worldwide seemingly. I made a thread in the Unreleased PS5 game area for those interested. 😊

On 2/21/2024 at 7:43 AM, Slava said:

I'm personally excited/hyped to play these 5 games eventually, on my PS5 of course.

Reveal Order:
Monster Hunter Stories
Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed
South Park: Snow Day!
Another Crab’s Treasure
Penny's Big Breakaway

• Like 4

On 2/25/2024 at 4:24 PM, Dantes_994 said:

My obligatory, yearly "are we getting the 3ds Fire Emblem games on the switch" post :D

so... are we? ahhaha Considering that more and more 3ds games are getting ports I don't see why we don't see those come over too! 

They've been too busy making new games which is better. Even though the story in Engage sucked, I'd still have that over a copy/paste of an older game.

If they were going to do anything with FE I'd like full blown remasters in the style of the new games and I'd want them to start with older entries. I think Blazing Blade (FE7) would be a good place to start since it's the one that most people in the west experienced first.

Since we're talking 3DS and ports, I feel Kid Icarus: Uprising deserves it more than anything although save it for release on Switch 2 at this point.

• Like 1

KALOS IS REAL HOLY SHIT

I've waited for this for so long, I'm actually going to cry. lol

My snek baby boy finally going to get the love he deserves, and Kalos will finally be finished.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3