Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

On 5/18/2024 at 12:29 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

Woohoo, I finally managed to defeat Osvald's final boss. He was level 47 and the rest of my team were level 64 when I finally succeeded. On to the next one!

By the way, is it just me or does Osvald look funny in cutscenes? It's more noticeable when he's facing to the right. It looks to me like he has a beak. 😁

https://imgur.com/a/hjCNx5r

I'm still making my way through Octopath Traveler 2. I just picked up Throne and have Chapter 2 for her next. That just leaves Ochette to recruit. As far as story goes, I've finished most of them for my existing party. Of my original team of 4, Agnea and Hikari still need to do their final chapters. I'm at the save point to do Agnea's final boss (this will be my third attempt) but I haven't started Hikari's final chapter yet. 

That just leaves Throne and Ochette for main story, and then all but one of the side stories. And I've read that there is an epilogue and a superboss, plus all the side quests that I've mostly ignored. This is a big game! 

I've looked at a guide a little bit. I did a few rounds of Octopuff/Cait farming for example. 

I'm thinking about getting Triangle Strategy. I definitely like the "2D HD" art style. I'm sure the DQ remake (now rumored to be DQ1-3 in one package) will find its way into my Switch also. 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2024 at 10:36 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Rumors of Xenoblade Chronicles X being announced that it's coming to Switch at the June Direct. Hope it's true. Lol.

For me personally, I'd be interested in a remake of XC:X that keeps the story stuff, and removes all the MMO-lite crap that I hated in my multiple attempts to get into the game. I guess that would end up being a game where Elma is the main player character and the busywork is eliminated or greatly reduced. That's a lot of development work though, and doesn't seem very likely. If we get something that's more of a straight remaster, I'll probably skip it. But it'll be nice for the people that want the game to be more accessible nowadays. As for me, bring on XC4. 

On 6/11/2024 at 5:21 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm still making my way through Octopath Traveler 2. I just picked up Throne and have Chapter 2 for her next. That just leaves Ochette to recruit. As far as story goes, I've finished most of them for my existing party. Of my original team of 4, Agnea and Hikari still need to do their final chapters. I'm at the save point to do Agnea's final boss (this will be my third attempt) but I haven't started Hikari's final chapter yet. 

That just leaves Throne and Ochette for main story, and then all but one of the side stories. And I've read that there is an epilogue and a superboss, plus all the side quests that I've mostly ignored. This is a big game!  

I finished the stories for Agnea and Hikari. Hikari's final fights took me several tries and I think luck played a part in my eventual success in the last phase (by the way, several of my characters are in the low 70s and I still wiped in that final phase several times). 

On to Throne, Ochette, and the Epilogue!

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 6:36 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Rumors of Xenoblade Chronicles X being announced that it's coming to Switch at the June Direct. Hope it's true. Lol.

Not sure if I'd get it on Switch as I've played the original. I liked the game a lot, spent a lot of time exploring (was so great after getting a Skell) and I vividly remember a couple of incredible moments from the game.

1. The moment we get to the first open area in the beginning of the game. My jaw dropped when I saw the creatures that inhabited the place. I was so impressed.
  2. Chapter 5 story twist that shook me to my core. I couldn't believe it and I've never felt anything like it when playing a game.
Spoiler

After that story event I realized a thing that had sort of weirded me out may have been a very intentional design choice.

2 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Not sure if I'd get it on Switch as I've played the original. I liked the game a lot, spent a lot of time exploring (was so great after getting a Skell) and I vividly remember a couple of incredible moments from the game.

1. The moment we get to the first open area in the beginning of the game. My jaw dropped when I saw the creatures that inhabited the place. I was so impressed.
  2. Chapter 5 story twist that shook me to my core. I couldn't believe it and I've never felt anything like it when playing a game.
  Reveal hidden contents

After that story event I realized a thing that had sort of weirded me out may have been a very intentional design choice.

I definitely would get it just to finish my collection of the series on Switch. At some point, I plan to play through the series again using expert mode. Not that this would push me to do it, but it would probably at least get me to revist the series before it comes out.

• Like 3

Sorry to all Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door fans but I feel the game is vastly overrated/overhyped. Seems like mostly nostalgia speaking. It hasn't been very funny which I expect from a Paper Mario title and the level design is just bad and tedious at some parts.

I almost called it quits in the Great Tree because I got so frustrated with not finding my way through. Every place looked the same and I kept ending up in like two same places all the time. And the Pikmin management was really pissing me off. When I tried to advance, they kept getting stuck or falling down and when I went back to gather them, I had forgotten which way I had come from and where I was going. My husband helped me by looking up a video guide so I could finally navigate to the boss fight the next day.

But then the next part had the wrestling matches.. Oof, such repetitive filler. I haven't felt like returning to the game. I'd much rather be playing Color Splash which seems to be the title fans keep dissing. It was a genuinely hilarious game that kept me entertained right from the beginning (even though the card battle system was a bit tedious).

8 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

But then the next part had the wrestling matches.. Oof, such repetitive filler. I haven't felt like returning to the game. I'd much rather be playing Color Splash which seems to be the title fans keep dissing. It was a genuinely hilarious game that kept me entertained right from the beginning (even though the card battle system was a bit tedious).

Yeah, 20 matches with little scenes in between each match was like, "Holy crap, this is so tedious and long for no reason."

Chapter 4 isn't a whole lot better in level design either as it's going back and forth between the two same places. Just a FYI

I still enjoy the games for the combat system and story, but I definitely feel you on level design! The N64 version was much better with the Toy Box, Yoshi Island, Koopa Fortress, etc. Sure, they're a bit more linear, but they are much more charming in design than 20 fights or doing some finicky Pikman nonsense (I actually liked the visuals, but yeah, not a fan of the Pikman section)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, 20 matches with little scenes in between each match was like, "Holy crap, this is so tedious and long for no reason."

Chapter 4 isn't a whole lot better in level design either as it's going back and forth between the two same places. Just a FYI

I still enjoy the games for the combat system and story, but I definitely feel you on level design! The N64 version was much better with the Toy Box, Yoshi Island, Koopa Fortress, etc. Sure, they're a bit more linear, but they are much more charming in design than 20 fights or doing some finicky Pikman nonsense (I actually liked the visuals, but yeah, not a fan of the Pikman section)

Ok, good to know there's more tedium ahead. I'll shelve the game for now and wait for a moment where I'd feel like picking it up again. Whether that moment comes or not, time will tell.

I picked up Easy Come Easy Golf again on Switch and have been enjoying it. It's rather grindy and the swing mechanics aren't quite as satisfying as in the Everybody's Golf series (this is from the same developer, Clap Hanz) but the character designs are exceptionally awesome like in their games usually. What comes to the mechanics, I think the mobile game origins of this title shows in the simplicity of the controls. I'm rank 9 and have unlocked quite a big roster of golfers already. Rosie is my favorite character. 
This is the game if any of you are interested: https://www.nintendo.com/en-gb/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Easy-Come-Easy-Golf-2267877.html

I've also been playing Cupid Parasite in the evenings and just finished Gill's route. Pretty fun game with decent humor. The soundtrack is really good! https://www.nintendo.com/en-gb/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Cupid-Parasite-2046453.html

Oh, and I added a couple of more games to my backlog. Happened to find Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Luigi's Mansion 3 in a sale bin for 40 € each. So I thought why not since I had been interested in LM3 for a long time and TOTK should be a quality title. (Shh.. Let's ignore the fact that I've had BOTW since Switch launch and still haven't played it.)

• Like 1

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what Nintendo shows considering this seems pretty likely to be the final 'Direct' of the 'Switch era' if you want to call it that lol (sorry I have a tendency to use some wrestling terminology sometimes)

I'd like to see something Kirby related but I guess Kirby can get too much love/shilled so I'd probably be okay if we don't see another Kirby game until Switch 2/whatever the next Switch is called

Other than the obvious Silksong cult and Metroid Prime 4 cult probably lurking again this is probably the most unknown Direct yet in terms of what could potentially show up (as far as I know at least)

So it'll definitely be interesting that's for sure.

if a new pokemon game gets revealed i'm going to laugh so god damn hard

• Like 2

Great direct, looking forward to Metroid Prime 4 Beyond, the new Zelda game, Dragon Quest III Remake, Ace Attorney, and Mario Party. 

Still no Silksong, no Xenoblade ports, or ports of older Shin Megami games. Very pleased with the direct though.

• Like 2

Overall thoughts:

- Perfect Dark was a very nice surprise. I've wanted to play it for a long time.

- New Mario and Luigi looks interesting. Love the art style of it. Very different for a Mario game. Definitely on my radar.

- Metroid Prime 4 is great, but part of me expects a better version to come to the Nintendo Switch 2 and want to hold off. 

- DKC Returns is nice. I probably will wait on it for a while but mark me as "interested"

- The Legend of Zelda game was the highlight for me. It feels like it's going to have more of a Sandbox feel to it and can't wait to see what stupid nonsense people come up with. I'm hoping it'll be like a top down Botw feel, but we'll see.

None of the main things I wanted to see ended up showing up (XCX, Wind Waker, Banjo and Kazooie (new game or tooie on NSO), or Fire Emblem), but I thought it was a great presentation overall. Definitely some games to get excited about. Hopefully, another Fire Emblem is being prepped for the Switch 2 for launch...

• Like 4

Pleasantly surprised by that Direct! LoZ Echoes of Wisdom looks awesome and will be one of my Holiday games this year (along with Astro Bot).

The Dragon Quest remakes look great, but realistically I'll never have time to play them. I played all three (Dragon Warrior) originals on the NES back in the day, that'll have to do for me.

MIO has me very intrigued, might end up playing that one on PS. Same with Fantasian Neo Dimension.

Metroid Prime 4 closing out the show looked fantastic! You gotta figure the remasters of 2 and 3 will be strategically released in the next year or so to build up hype for 4. I'm all in with Metroid Prime games.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
  • Like 4

Decent direct I guess. I'm happy for the Metroid Prime 4 fans. Hollow Knight fans... I've been out of things to say to them for quite a long time now. we sure it's not canceled?

Nothing for me really outside of Ace Attorney Investigations Collection WHICH I NOW FORGIVE CAPCOM FOR EVERYTHING FOR BECAUSE AAI2 IS FINALLY GETTING LOCALIZED AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.

Mio did intrigue me but I haven't had good experiences with Metroidvania's thus far. 😬

• Like 3

Metroid Prime 4 is the major highlight for me. New Zelda game is good too, although it looks rather gimmicky. Nice to see them reusing the Link's Awakening Remake assets. Like having a release window pinned down for LEGO Horizon, let's hope that's for all versions.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Zephrese said:

New Mario & Luigi game.

New 2D Zelda game that isn't just a remake, pseudo-remake, or weird multiplayer spinoff and Zelda is the main playable character this time.

Donkey Kong Country: Returns remaster that includes all of the extra content from the 3DS port.

Metroid Prime 4 trailer that looks fucking incredible, confirmed for 2025.

I'm spent, but in the best of ways.

14 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

New Mario & Luigi, new Legend of Zelda game with Zelda as the star, new Mario Party, DKC Returns remaster, Dragon Quest I-III 2D-HD, Metroid Prime 4...yea, this was a kick ass Direct.

100% agreed, what an amazing direct! I'm also looking forward to Fairy Tail 2, Hello Kitty, and the Hiro Mashima monster rancher game in addition to all the games listed above.

Also can't forget about the Illusion Island free update, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD etc.

• Like 4