A King's Tale: FFXV will be available for free from 1st March onward

As title says, the little FFXV spin-off game, which was only available via pre-order up until now, will soon be available for free from the PSN store.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/20/final-fantasy-xv-spin-off-game-kings-tale-final-fantasy-xv-will-available-free-march/

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

A "fuck you" to pre orders? @demon gonna be pretty pissed if he is the one i remember looking for the code in 3 or 4 retailers

I was thinking the same thing. While I'm happy it will be available (and even happier it will be free), that really is just a kick in the nuts.

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

I always knew there was a chance they'd sell it separately, but to give it away for free :(

I know, right? I guess Square is seeking some goodwill among its lost consumer base.

• Like 1

I hate it when publishers do this. "Pre-order now to get an exclusive bonus not available elsewhere!". Then a while after you find out you could have purchased the oh so exclusive bonus for a couple of euros (and in this case even free) from PS Store and gotten the game 50% off. I think pre-order bonuses either need to stay exclusive to pre-orders forever or companies need to be truthful when advertising and tell consumers the bonus will be available for purchase as regular DLC also. 

Another thing I've been wondering is wtf they mean with "Day One Edition". I see the same edition for sale everywhere 6 months later.

• Like 2

Well shit, only have to wait a week then I can get it for free. 

I wonder if they'll bother releasing the Bouncer for Ratchet and Clank outside of the pre-order now? It's been nearly a year and it's pretty shitty to lock an entire weapon behind a pre-order and not make it available in any way. I mean I got pre-ordered it a couple of days before release because my mates gave me some PSN dosh for my birthday and it would have been the same price if I bought it on release. It's a pretty scummy practice in general. 

4 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Well shit, only have to wait a week then I can get it for free. 

I wonder if they'll bother releasing the Bouncer for Ratchet and Clank outside of the pre-order now? It's been nearly a year and it's pretty shitty to lock an entire weapon behind a pre-order and not make it available in any way. I mean I got pre-ordered it a couple of days before release because my mates gave me some PSN dosh for my birthday and it would have been the same price if I bought it on release. It's a pretty scummy practice in general. 

That rarely happens, there's ps3 titles with pre-order weapons that were never made available

Surprised they'd give this out for free for everyone since it was a pre-order bonus, but hey! Can't complain about free things! I still have FFXV sitting here so i guess i'll play this one before i'll start the actual game.

Still have to watch the anime and movie too. :lol:

• Like 1