What game ending was satisfying for you.

Phoenixgaming1

Believe it or not, I loved Mass Effect 3's ending.

I felt the ending was more like something you would see in a sci-fi movie as opposed to a video game. More Gene Roddenberry, less Michael Bay. I was very happy with that, refreshing change of pace. Add that in with the epic final conversation with Garrus about retiring on a beach and the heart to heart with a dying Anderson and I was extremely satisfied.

Edited by KingGuy420

Uncharted 4

Because...

Spoiler

Sure, they pussied out of killing anyone off (again) but it was the best kind of ending in so many ways. A new beginning for all characters involved, but one which was appropriate and "happy" for so many of them. Nate finally came to peace because Elena found a way to combine his adventurous, restless spirit with her desire for a stable home life. Sully will never change, he's too long in the tooth for that, but has a new partner in Sam who will probably now be making up for all that lost time spent in a Panamanian prison. So much resolution mixed with so much potential for everyone we've come to love across that series. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Uncharted 4

Because...

Hide contents

Sure, they pussied out of killing anyone off (again) but it was the best kind of ending in so many ways. A new beginning for all characters involved, but one which was appropriate and "happy" for so many of them. Nate finally came to peace because Elena found a way to combine his adventurous, restless spirit with her desire for a stable home life. Sully will never change, he's too long in the tooth for that, but has a new partner in Sam who will probably now be making up for all that lost time spent in a Panamanian prison. So much resolution mixed with so much potential for everyone we've come to love across that series. 

Very true i loved that ending.

My favorite is probably Final Fantasy VI. Running an ending like credits, with "after the battle" escape talk and whatnot, was just great. 

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

I felt the ending was more like something you would see in a sci-fi movie as opposed to a video game. More Gene Roddenberry, less Michael Bay. I was very happy with that, refreshing change of pace. Add that in with the epic final conversation with Garrus about retiring on a beach and the heart to heart with a dying Anderson and I was extremely satisfied.

I get where you're coming from, and I would have liked it better myself, except that it seemed to nullify all of my "meaningful" choices. Maybe that's the point (the universe is so big, blah blah blah), but that was largely the unsatisfactory part for me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

My favorite is probably Final Fantasy VI. Running an ending like credits, with "after the battle" escape talk and whatnot, was just great. 

It really is, and there were alternate little endings dependent upon what characters you recruited after the first half.

• Like 2

A few that come to mind are:

Uncharted 4

Spoiler

Let me start off by saying that i liked that no one that I wanted to see die, did. I felt the ending made everything come around full circle. Sam going off with Sully and Nathan and Elena settling down and living a more peaceful life. It was just the ultimate ending I wanted to see for the Uncharted series. 

The Last of Us

Spoiler

Not going to go off topic and talk about how awesome I thought this games story was, but I personally thought the ending was phenomenal. Joel at the last second taking Ellie instead of letting her be a sacrifice to synthesize a cure to save humanity. When she wakes up, to lie in her face about what happened. Ellie, now a little confused, asks Joel to make a promise to her that everything he has said is true, only for him to make that promise when all of us know what was really the reason (that Joel couldn't bear to see Ellie die).   

I can't wait for The Last of Us Part 2!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, - Cammy - said:

The Last of Us

Hide contents

Not going to go off topic and talk about how awesome I thought this games story was, but I personally thought the ending was phenomenal. Joel at the last second taking Ellie instead of letting her be a sacrifice to synthesize a cure to save humanity. When she wakes up, to lie in her face about what happened. Ellie, now a little confused, asks Joel to make a promise to her that everything he has said is true, only for him to make that promise when all of us know what was really the reason (that Joel couldn't bear to see Ellie die).   

Spoiler

I could gush about this forever. I just love the idea of this completely broken down, aging bastard who's willing to sacrifice the greater good (and humanity along with it) just to save the one person who brought a little light back into a life of darkness. The heartbreaking thing about this situation is, that Ellie was ready to give up her own life – she was suffering from survivor's guilt and she went through hell to find redemption. And she is completely denied that in the final moments by Joel and his selfish love.

Edited by ShadowReplicant
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Reveal hidden contents

I could gush about this forever. I just love the idea of this completely broken down, aging bastard who's willing to sacrifice the greater good (and humanity along with it) just to save the one person who brought a little light back into a life of darkness. The heartbreaking thing about this situation is, that Ellie was ready to give up her own life – she was suffering from survivor's guilt and she went through hell to find redemption. And she is completely denied that in the final moments by Joel and his selfish love.

I love that about the ending for TLOU. There's different ways to look at it. It pretty much leaves you with "So all this happened, what do you think?"

17 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

It was a good idea, in concept. An ending that's bleak no matter what you do, with the usual compromises Mass Effect has coddled you with up to this point being rendered ineffective. But the way they did it was just awful.

The closest thing to a good ending for ME3 is the Refuse ending. Feels true to character.

7 hours ago, closertim said:

Aabs animals nailed it for me.  Very close second is Hannah Montana.  Honorable mention would be Alex the kidd in miracle world.  I cried for days after becoming king. 

yup some of my favs right there

On 3/10/2017 at 6:13 AM, Galactic Balls said:

This is going to sound a bit lame.

FF7

Reason why is...

I'd replay the last level and beat sephiroth,  just to watch the FMV over and over,

it was so good back then

Image result for final fantasy 7 lifestream

I heard FF7 is really good but i never had the chance to play it if i ever get it i want to get the ps2 version.

• Like 1