Is This Game's Platinum Really That Hard?

I think rating a platinum difficulty out of 10 is kind of a fruitless effort because everybody has a different ability level. I think if you need or want a guide to help you complete a game you would probably come under the 'average' gamer section more often than not. Nothing wrong with that I might add, that's where I'd put myself. And I'm very grateful to the people who take the time to make them. My point is that if a guide is aimed at your average gamer, shouldn't the difficulty rating be also aimed at the average gamer? Therefore you guys with tons of plats, congrats on that but obviously you will find it easier than most other people and be of the opinion that the rating should be lower. 

On this subject also, I believe a better way of indicating a plat difficulty would be the rarity percentage? For example this game is currently sitting around 5% for the plat on here and even less at 0.4% on PSN. That to me is a better indicator of how difficult it might be rather than a rating out of 10 on a guide.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 2:29 AM, turpinator1986 said:

I have really slow reflexes so the slower pace of this suits me a lot better than the frantic play of online on pretty much every other game ever made lol. I got the trophies for this no problem at all and doing both journeys I found really enjoyable. I didn't have any problems at all coming up against the really high level people in this game either. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the online on part 2. 

Yeah I don't really like fast paced Multiplayer games either which is why I don't play COD or BF.

On 3/10/2017 at 4:16 AM, TheYuriG said:

Don't use your personal example as a general rule, you play easy games and that's why you consider this hard because it's slightly above average. Game is what a casual player might need to take a look in a guide for, but actual scarred trophy hunters won't have trouble with more than a spot or two

Excuse me? I play "easy games"? WTF do you think you are?

On 3/10/2017 at 4:54 AM, madbuk said:

I mean, I'm not the one that goes around calling things gay as if that's supposed to be a bad thing, nor do I go around accusing games of giving me cancer.

TLoU is simply bad and dull all around. You could see everything that happens in the generic cliche plot coming from a mile away. The gameplay is broken and bad, the AI doesn't work how the lore says they're supposed to, and the DLC shenanigans made me dislike the game even more. Expiring season passes before all the content is released, and outright lying about that content, is NOT okay. Naughty Dog are the only company who would get away with this bullshit because, hey, they're Naughty Dog, they can do whatever they fucking want and fans will just sit there and take it (and then try and defend it even though it's not in their best interest to do so).

In regards to the plot, some major spoilers, but you really shouldn't be surprised by them even if you haven't played the game yet

Hide contents

Everything about this game was touted as a journey with Ellie and Joel. From the front cover, to the trailers, to all the marketing statements. Because of this, and the fact it's an incredibly generic zombie apocalypse plot, you knew that as soon as they introduced new characters, like Henry, Tess, Sarah etc. that they would find a way to kill them off. The only thing in the plot I didn't see coming is Joel's brother(?) leaving before he had a chance to be killed, and the ending (which really should've given the player a choice, but no, Joel's choice is forced upon the player).

Because of this predictability, none of the deaths held any weight. I just sat there during Sarah's death like "huh, so this is when she dies." The same was true with Tess and Henry. There was no emotional impact.

Now, a bad plot usually wouldn't be a problem. Most games have a bad plot. However, it's a huge focus in TLoU, with a cutscene every couple of minutes, so the flaws really cannot be ignored. Uncharted has the same problem of having such a large focus on a terrible plot.

I love how you spend so much time on this site that you're able to quote me from other posts LOL

On 3/10/2017 at 5:09 AM, gameoncomrade said:

The platinum difficulty is way too overrated for this game. Sure, I'll admit that I had a few troubles completing the game on Grounded+ difficulty, but it wasn't that bad. Takes a long time, but it's really simple and straightforward. And yes, I know that I haven't obtained the plat on my account yet, but I did obtain it twice (PS3/PS4) on my old account. :P

You only have to play through it twice if you utilize the exploit, and the Factions mode will probably take up most of your time. I simply just love that multiplayer, and I'm enjoying it as well to this day. The story is amazing, and I wouldn't mind playing through it a few more times even though I've probably completed it 7-8 times since 2013. xD

What the hell?

Yeah you and I are in the same boat friend, we both enjoyed the MP which a big reason this Platinum felt a lot easier than it did for others. And yeah IDK what to say about @madbuk either LOL. I didn't think it was possible for someone to hold such a negative opinion against such a phenomenal game.

12 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

IKR like dafuq is up with this guy? Barging in here like he owns the place, sheesh.

Tell me what hard games you have done then. 5 ur plats, none difficult. Bo3 and the crew are grindy and that's all

11 minutes ago, ScrubSlayer4 said:

He is a nosey ♥ he has to have an opinion on everything i rekon if we didnt have the internet he would probaly kill him self which would be awesome

That's a fast way to get banned from here, watch your language. You don't know the rules of the forums, where the threads are and I've redirected you to the right location and mods shut down your thread. Complain with them if you don't like it, i don't make the rules, i follow them. 

14 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Tell me what hard games you have done then. 5 ur plats, none difficult. Bo3 and the crew are grindy and that's all

That's a fast way to get banned from here, watch your language. You don't know the rules of the forums, where the threads are and I've redirected you to the right location and mods shut down your thread. Complain with them if you don't like it, i don't make the rules, i follow them. 

Well yeah I'm not someone that goes around looking for the hardest Plats to complete. I'm not a full time trophy hunter either. I play the games I like and I also get the Platinums on them, which is something I suggest you think about doing. Besides how does that have ANYTHING to do with what this post is about? Why the hell are you saying that I think this Platinum's hard? I think the complete opposite, that it's pretty easy, but I'm asking why the guide says it's kind of hard.

Edited by Stevieboy
No need for rudeness.

For story mode, I didn't find it that difficult, even on grounded plus mode. Just be stealthy through most of the game and you'll do fine, also check a couple of YT videos as well. The troublesome trophies are going to be the Hunter and Firefly trophies, only due to having to play aprox 168 and that is if you don't miss any of the -100% population risk missions. MP trophies, barring the dlc ones, are more about those -100% missions than anything. I rate the main game a 4/10 in terms of difficulty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Well yeah I'm not someone that goes around looking for the hardest Plats to complete. I'm not a full time trophy hunter either. I play the games I like and I also get the Platinums on them, which is something I suggest you think about doing. Besides how does that have ANYTHING to do with what this post is about? Why the hell are you saying that I think this Platinum's hard? I think the complete opposite, that it's pretty easy, but I'm asking why the guide says it's kind of hard.

That's exactly my point there. The kind of games you play make your oppinion biased in this regard, 6/10 isn't hard, it's above average. If someone plays easy stuff, 6/10 looks like a OMG DUDE WTF but for who plays harder games and have experienced A LOAD of different difficulties, 6/10 is exactly what 6/10 means: above average. 8 is hard, 9 is pretty hard, 10 is near impossible, but 6 is still above average. 

Do you understand now? 

• Like 2

I think it's fairly easy. I've played the game a ton of times so in all fairness I know how to breeze through certain sections more than a new player would. But I think someone could start straight in survivor mode and make it through the game, even without a guide. The negatives are that it's very lengthy when you take in having to get all the collectibles and upgrades (especially when you don't like doing those trophies), and it could mean having to start two or three playthroughs if someone doesn't prioritise upgrading the weapons that you get in the later chapters. It's quite a heavy game and I can see people getting bored at the prospect of doing that. My rarest trophies are mostly collectibles from GTAV, which aren't too hard to get but are just super lengthy and boring.

I actually started multiplayer for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It took me a while to get into but I quite enjoy it now. It just takes a while to get into a game sometimes, and even though my level doesn't make me look so much of a noob anymore I think low levels get looked down on a lot which caused me to get kicked out of games before I'd even done anything.

The multiplayer really isn't all that hard despite those issues though. You can still opt for the quitting games method to make things go faster, though I haven't done that myself. I just play a lot of interrogation because the unlimited lives make those 100% population risk missions less stressful. I only have about 5 weeks left until I finish the firefly journey and get the plat. :) I might even continue playing after I've got everything, and I used to really hate multiplayer.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

That's exactly my point there. The kind of games you play make your oppinion biased in this regard, 6/10 isn't hard, it's above average. If someone plays easy stuff, 6/10 looks like a OMG DUDE WTF but for who plays harder games and have experienced A LOAD of different difficulties, 6/10 is exactly what 6/10 means: above average. 8 is hard, 9 is pretty hard, 10 is near impossible, but 6 is still above average. 

Do you understand now? 

No you bum I'm basing my statement off the fact that most guides I see have the rating below 5. That's why I'm saying 6/10 looks "hard". 

Really regretting that I started this post.

1 hour ago, Annonanoaku said:

For story mode, I didn't find it that difficult, even on grounded plus mode. Just be stealthy through most of the game and you'll do fine, also check a couple of YT videos as well. The troublesome trophies are going to be the Hunter and Firefly trophies, only due to having to play aprox 168 and that is if you don't miss any of the -100% population risk missions. MP trophies, barring the dlc ones, are more about those -100% missions than anything. I rate the main game a 4/10 in terms of difficulty.

Yeah 4/10 seems more ideal, 6/10 is where is starts crossing into the difficult region which I wouldn't agree with.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2017-3-10 at 4:54 AM, madbuk said:

I mean, I'm not the one that goes around calling things gay as if that's supposed to be a bad thing, nor do I go around accusing games of giving me cancer.

TLoU is simply bad and dull all around. You could see everything that happens in the generic cliche plot coming from a mile away. The gameplay is broken and bad, the AI doesn't work how the lore says they're supposed to, and the DLC shenanigans made me dislike the game even more. Expiring season passes before all the content is released, and outright lying about that content, is NOT okay. Naughty Dog are the only company who would get away with this bullshit because, hey, they're Naughty Dog, they can do whatever they fucking want and fans will just sit there and take it (and then try and defend it even though it's not in their best interest to do so).

In regards to the plot, some major spoilers, but you really shouldn't be surprised by them even if you haven't played the game yet

Reveal hidden contents

Everything about this game was touted as a journey with Ellie and Joel. From the front cover, to the trailers, to all the marketing statements. Because of this, and the fact it's an incredibly generic zombie apocalypse plot, you knew that as soon as they introduced new characters, like Henry, Tess, Sarah etc. that they would find a way to kill them off. The only thing in the plot I didn't see coming is Joel's brother(?) leaving before he had a chance to be killed, and the ending (which really should've given the player a choice, but no, Joel's choice is forced upon the player).

Because of this predictability, none of the deaths held any weight. I just sat there during Sarah's death like "huh, so this is when she dies." The same was true with Tess and Henry. There was no emotional impact.

Now, a bad plot usually wouldn't be a problem. Most games have a bad plot. However, it's a huge focus in TLoU, with a cutscene every couple of minutes, so the flaws really cannot be ignored. Uncharted has the same problem of having such a large focus on a terrible plot.

If you hold so much negativety against Naughty dog, why do you play almost all of their games? Hell if you hated Last of Us so much why did you grind out the platinum? 

Seems like you're a sucker for punishment then if you thought the game was so lame and boring. Most of the issues that you speak of were fixed, especially in the remastered version. 

The only issue I had was how the companions suck at noticing enemies. They could be toe to toe with your companion (David most notably) and still wouldn't react. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmosesltd said:

If you hold so much negativety against Naughty dog, why do you play almost all of their games? Hell if you hated Last of Us so much why did you grind out the platinum? 

Seems like you're a sucker for punishment then if you thought the game was so lame and boring. Most of the issues that you speak of were fixed, especially in the remastered version. 

The only issue I had was how the companions suck at noticing enemies. They could be toe to toe with your companion (David most notably) and still wouldn't react. 

I got TLoU and Uncharted 3 free, and 1 and 2 were so cheap it was like stealing.

I'm a huge fan of their Jak series, and I like their Crash Bandicoot games, but they're modern games just aren't that great at all, imo. I did rebuy Uncharted in a recent sale because it was really cheap, so now I'll go in expecting it to be average and won't be as disappointed as I was back when I want in expecting it to be great.

The Last of Us is an easy platinum, and yet it took me months because I couldn't play much of it at once because I really wasn't a fan. But I wanted to get it done so I never had to touch it again - unlike Uncharted, which was simply mediocre - not bad or good - The Last of Us will never be rebought and stacked by me. Maybe if it's on PS+ at one point, but probably not even then.

Edited by madbuk

• 2 months later...

Honestly I played the game for a few hours because it came with my ps4 I thought it was.....here it comes Boring! I literally was sitting there waiting for the excitement and....nothing.....I literally dropped the game and never touched it since. I mean that is my personal opinion but for some reason when someone else likes a game and they find the opinion different why get all nasty? If a game doesn't catch the person then.....it doesn't. So no one should be forced to play a a game just because the masses did. 

Sorry had to put my two sense because no one should feel entitled to belittle someone just cause they didn't like a game someone else did. To each their own remember? 

TLOU was my second platinum in ps3, i loved the whole game, single player was unique and MP was quite different from other games but overall really well desing and it was a lot of fun. When i started working i got my ps4 with Bloodborne and TLOU so i decided to play it again and it was even better. The grounde mode and the extra trophies for MP got me playing for quite a long time. I recomend the game to all of you who haven't played it yet, platinum wise i would say 4/10 difficulty and 9/10 enjoyment. Have a nice day!

Zetta-Bele 

• 4 weeks later...

Feeling quite stupid seeing people here say they didn't think it was hard :P

I'm very interested in getting this platinum but when I tried the trophy for beating the game on the higher difficulties, I just couldn't get through it.. Despite, I still hope to try soon and get through it, I really love the game and would be happy to have this platinum on my list! However.. Going through it and then having to play it AGAIN on the highest difficulty.. That's a thought that already puts me off.. I'm not a big fan of that because I already have enough issues getting through highest difficulties in games like this :P 

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2017 at 8:49 PM, Thruygie said:

Do you understand now? 

And tell me what kinda hard games have you done? O O O WAIT, NONE! Since you clearly removed you're profile for obvious reasons. And those ratings are estimates ONLY. ITS polls pulled on playstationtrophies.org ! So do you're research before attacking someone that enjoy average to easy games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

And tell me what kinda hard games have you done? O O O WAIT, NONE! Since you clearly removed you're profile for obvious reasons. And those ratings are estimates ONLY. ITS polls pulled on playstationtrophies.org ! So do you're research before attacking someone that enjoy average to easy games. 

I knew his profile before he removed it from the website, and not for the reason you're thinking. He did plenty of difficult games and you look like a complete bellwhacker right now. 

Edited by FOX
  • Like 4

nothing in TLOU platinum is hard, maybe it's just me but even grounded difficulty is not that difficult to attempt, the majority of areas and parts of the game can be passed by stealth without firing a single shot, heck believe it or not you can even beat the hospital part at the end of the game without killing a single firefly soldier, except the poor doctor at the end.

the only hard part to Plat the game is the stupid firefly and hunter's journey trophies, those 60% and the bullshit 100% threats were no fun Naughty Dog! not fun at all....

I found Grounded to be quite a challange tbh, I think the 6/10 is about right It's not the hardest game ever but you can't walk through it you need to use stealth as much as possible and be very careful with ammo. I remember getting stuck on some sections for quite some time but then I did it without a guide never once looked up how to handle a part I was stuck at and just got there with persistance. The Multiplayer is also a pain in the ass but that's mostly because it's a long grind ... I enjoyed the MP for a while but it's not good enough to merit the 160 games you need to play imo.

10 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

He removed his profile for obvious reasons if you know him, but it's not hacking. You can view it on another site if you'd like.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Lol, you just have no idea here....

Having played TLOU on PS3 and PS4 and platting both I would put the base game difficulty at 4 as far as this game type goes (100% is a 5).  There are a couple of things that make it easier than a 4 like boosting MP and the shiv glitch.

9 hours ago, audiopile said:

Lol, you just have no idea here....

Having played TLOU on PS3 and PS4 and platting both I would put the base game difficulty at 4 as far as this game type goes (100% is a 5).  There are a couple of things that make it easier than a 4 like boosting MP and the shiv glitch.

What are you on about? Im not even talking about the difficulty of TLOU at all. DIFFICULTY for TLOU in my opinion and for me was a 3 for base game. and 4 for 100%. Im deffending a guy basically thats being attacked for enjoying average games. 

i suggest you sir read my post again before replying to it. 

EDIT:

Why are you replying at all actually when it comes to the difficulty of the game? When you even haven't done it on grounded? You glitched the grounded trophies. and don't deny it because i see it on the timestamps. So do us all a favour and dont be a tough guy when you haven't done it. Atleast do the game without glitches and then comment.

Edited by DividedByMankind

20 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

nothing in TLOU platinum is hard, maybe it's just me but even grounded difficulty is not that difficult to attempt, the majority of areas and parts of the game can be passed by stealth without firing a single shot, heck believe it or not you can even beat the hospital part at the end of the game without killing a single firefly soldier, except the poor doctor at the end.

the only hard part to Plat the game is the stupid firefly and hunter's journey trophies, those 60% and the bullshit 100% threats were no fun Naughty Dog! not fun at all....

I was about to lose my mind cause after the long strategic planning at the hospital there were no checkpoints. I gave up and checked youtube for a solution if you have no bullets or anything. I was glad there is a solution only recquiring a brick/bottle. I find myself dumb XD.

Edited by reckscollie
I am dumb.