6 New Trophies out March 22

DennisWilles

18 minutes ago, poopooblast said:

Wait a minute. With all of the dlc they're giving out, does the GOTY version have all of them? This could explain why the price for it never drops. :hmm:

Every DLC has been free aside from the first few packages and the occasional car for 2€ a piece. This right now is again 100% free. So technically yes, the GOTY has everything. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mar said:

New trophies coming with dlc or dlc expansions are normal, fine, and logical, regardless of anything. If you're a completionist, it's too bad, but you simply deal with it - accept it - or ignore it. Complain about the matter, ok, but don't try to make an argument saying the concept of trophies being attached to dlc is stupid, makes no sense, or shouldn't happen... purely because you personally don't like the game enough to care or be excited to earn the new trophies.

The only issue would be, and I'll only speak for Rocket League, is the very grindy trophies and rng trophies. Not even just moderate grindy, but very grindy. If they just tone down (or rid entirely) the 1-2 grindy trophies per dlc pack, the dlc trophies would be more welcoming overall.

I would mostly agree, and now wait on AAA games where you know tons of DLC trophies will be coming out.

As a completionist, I am well aware of the challenge of maintaining a high completion rate. Sometimes it means going back to a game you didn't really enjoy, or putting up with some grinding.

But, there are glaring examples of horrible DLC that really messes up a list. NFS with those awful Prestige speed list trophies. No Man's Sky with the recent DLC adding permadeath and needing to drop 50-100 hours to get to the centre of the universe. Even UC4 with the Survival trophies, which they have constantly nerfed to make damn near impossible now.

Of course, the absolute worst examples are LBP2 adding DLC that required a Vita, and how about Super Stardust Ultra dropping PSVR exclusive DLC

If the DLC is significantly changing the nature or difficulty of the game, or exclusive to new and expensive peripherals, then I fully understand where the frustration and negative feedback is coming from.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2017 at 9:53 AM, diskdocx said:

I would mostly agree, and now wait on AAA games where you know tons of DLC trophies will be coming out.

As a completionist, I am well aware of the challenge of maintaining a high completion rate. Sometimes it means going back to a game you didn't really enjoy, or putting up with some grinding.

But, there are glaring examples of horrible DLC that really messes up a list. NFS with those awful Prestige speed list trophies. No Man's Sky with the recent DLC adding permadeath and needing to drop 50-100 hours to get to the centre of the universe. Even UC4 with the Survival trophies, which they have constantly nerfed to make damn near impossible now.

Of course, the absolute worst examples are LBP2 adding DLC that required a Vita, and how about Super Stardust Ultra dropping PSVR exclusive DLC

If the DLC is significantly changing the nature or difficulty of the game, or exclusive to new and expensive peripherals, then I fully understand where the frustration and negative feedback is coming from.

Theres a lot of sub topics to discuss about dlc trophies, but to keep everything simple, I wasnt trying to justify that every single dlc pack/expansion should just have trophies that arent grindy (or rng heavily) and then all will be fine.

With U4 specifically.. I'll have to say I think the concept is fine, especially if you consider the fact Survival wasnt in the game at launch so they couldnt add trophies then even if they wanted to, so since the mode finally is here, they finally had their opportunity.

Only 1 trophy is a legitimate problem with the dlc trophies. The other 10/12 you're rewarded with for simply beating all levels, something you're already going to do naturally without going out of your way to do (non-argument factor). Then you have the last difficulty trophy being a fair difficult trophy challenge that isnt overly hard, it's just fair -- (simply) best all levels on Crushing with at least one star. Leaving then the only insanely hard trophy, which really comes from the poor balancing of the 10 Levels on Crushing itself, so while the trophy is hard to get, it's really Naughty Dog's poor game design that is the real problem. The trophy was just placed on top of the actual problem.

Because, lets pretend the trophy didnt exist. Let's just focus on in-game replay-value, balancing, and fun-factor. Without trophies, there is still replay incentive/others, right? The time requirements are still there for all 3 stars.. and.. the goal is still to beat it, all without trophies. Essentially, this means, with or without a trophy, it's equally a problem for trophy hunters and regular non trophy hunter gamers. Just like the old days, this design wouldn't fly.. it wouldn't fly even if trophies werent placed on top of it, the game design is still flawed. Thus, the trophy isn't the problem... at all... it's the poor balancing of the game's requirements that a virtue reward just so happens to have been created on top of, and deleting or not having the trophy wouldn't fix the real/full issue.

Take the complaint to the heart of the problem, not an aspect of a package to a product that was affected by the heart of the problem. If the trophy existed under a better gameplay design, the trophy wouldn't be a b*tch to get.

Edited by Mar

Achievements

• Registered Voter

• Head to 'Arena Preferences' and use all of your votes

• Metaverse

• Equip the Halo Topper and win a match on Starbase ARC

• Brave the Elements

• Complete a match on wasted land, under the sea, and in outer space

• Damage Control

• Win a Dropshot match via shutout

• Full Course

• Score a total of 18 Goals in Dropshot

• Buckminster x10

• Damage a total of 320 panels in Dropshot

Source (fixed a small error on the last one: the "x10" doesn't belong in the description, but in the title)

the first five look straight-forward I guess, not sure what the sixth will be like

Edited by dalailama1989
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Yep, super easy trophies, 30 minutes tops :)

Actually quite a fun new mode. Probably my favorite so far.

What about the one that requires you to damage a total of 320 panels? That one sounds super grindy to me, but maybe I'm overestimating it. Still waiting for my patch to download. :rolleyes:

Just now, MythRaider1994 said:

What about the one that requires you to damage a total of 320 panels? That one sounds super grindy to me, but maybe I'm overestimating it. Still waiting for my patch to download. :rolleyes:

It's really quick. The whole floor consists of panels and only the one's on your opponent's side can break. The ball has to bounce on a panel once to crack it, once more, to fully break it and then a goal can be scored, once the ball rolls in there. There should be something like 80ish(?) panels on the pitch on each side and they will be reset, once a goal is scored. So if you shoot the ball up a few times and and break about 20 panels per goal, you get this trophy even before getting 18 goals. :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Infernofeuer1 said:

What is halo topper trophy can't find it in car customizing :/

It's a random drop that can be earned even when offline. I think it's under the hats option. I can't remember what the option is called and I deleted the game as soon as I got the DLC to 100%.

Edited by kuuhaku