PS+ Games April 2017

MesopithecusUK

9 minutes ago, Humongous Chungus said:

Drawn To Death was released as F2P? News to me .. Seeing as it's not released yet :hmm:

I appreciate the snark from someone not familiar with the development of the game.

"In making the move from a free-to-play to a pay-to-play model, we’re now making all six main characters available to unlock at launch." - David Jaffe

Link

Edited by boringname123

16 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Because your average Joe Sixpack hasn't heard of any of these games, so their first impression is, 'fuckin garbage'. They only affiliate AAA games as good and fuck anything else.

I really can't see that being the problem because if it was, how did Rocket League break the mold? I'm not saying that people can't be ignorant, I'm just saying that maybe we should just state the facts that the IGC is slipping and needs a reform. 

Edited by FlareXV

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's a nice story, but it's just not true. I have PS+ almost exclusively for free games (Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are the only games where I used the network). Other people buy it for different things. There's no such thing as a "nice gesture" in a product you buy. It's part of the product, and it's reasonable to criticize or commend.

And if thats why you pay the $60 dollars thats fine, I do it to do the multiplayer and online features. that are shown in the pic above:

• Multiplayer
  • Online Game Saves
  • To keep the online experience alive (this is why XBOX's online experience back in the day was the best, because of the gold memberships people needed to play online)

But to each their own :D

You are also right that we can criticize the free monthly game selection as we feel fit but just my interpretation of the membership is different from yours thats all. Im not interested in any of this coming months games but will still take advantage of the free games myself and have them in my collection to maybe play in the future.

1 minute ago, FlareXV said:

I really can't see that being the problem because if it was, how did Rocket League break the mold? I'm not saying that people can't be ignorant, I'm just saying that maybe we should facts that IGC is slipping and needs a reform. 

Disc Jam also seems to be pretty popular. It might just be the flavor of the month or my limited interaction with people outside of trophy sites though.

11 minutes ago, boringname123 said:

I appreciate the snark from someone not familiar with the development of the game.

"In making the move from a free-to-play to a pay-to-play model, we’re now making all six main characters available to unlock at launch." - David Jaffe

Link

It was originally F2P, then they realised that wasn't gonna work, so they made it paid. What's that gotta do with the price of fish and it being on Plus xD It's still the same game.

5 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Disc Jam also seems to be pretty popular. It might just be the flavor of the month or my limited interaction with people outside of trophy sites though.

Disc Jam is pretty great, I really do wish success for the developer. Is it cross-play? 

11 minutes ago, boringname123 said:

Link

Drawn to Death Limited Access, which was the beta, was most certainly free-to-play.

The launched Drawn to Death is no longer in beta, has a new and separate trophy list and will be pay-to-play for all people not taking advantage of Plus memberships and come with the perks mentioned elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

You're probably confusing it with Invisible, Inc.

Nope.

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

We were, the PSP Invizimals. This is a whole different title for the PS3.

There we go. "Whole different title"... really?

Just now, FlareXV said:

Disc Jam is pretty great, I really do wish success for the developer. Is it cross-play? 

Not yet, but the dev would like it. I'm not playing it until I know that there's no chance of paid dlc. I'm not big on multiplayer only games with no story, so I'd only be playing it for the easy trophies. If it had a platinum, I might have overlooked the possibility of paid DLC like I did with Rocket League.

3 minutes ago, Humongous Chungus said:

It was originally F2P, then they realised that wasn't gonna work, so they made it paid. What's that gotta do with the price of fish and it being on Plus xD It's still the same game.

I have a potential long and complicated answer but let's just shorten it to say that I suspect one of the reasons they were able to switch to a pay to play model is because they knew they'd be able to launch the game for free to PS+ users. I think PS+ should be about serving Playsation customers not accommodating David Jaffe's business model.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kuuhaku said:

Not yet, but the dev would like it. I'm not playing it until I know that there's no chance of paid dlc. I'm not big on multiplayer only games with no story, so I'd only be playing it for the easy trophies. If it had a platinum, I might have overlooked the possibility of paid DLC like I did with Rocket League.

Ahh, that's cool. I'm in the same boat as you, I've had limited play of Disc Jam but what I've played is pretty good. 

I just think Sony needs to easy up on the IGC flavouring.