This trophy set is a damn joke!

TheDraegonLord

31 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

If it's a joke, it's not a very funny joke. Must be British humor, I never could quite wrap my head around British comedy.

Monty Python. Some of the best comedy ever, ESPECIALLY "Life of Brian" and "Holy Grail".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheDraegonLord said:

20 Bronze trophies and No Platinum trophy?!

I mean, the newly Dying: Reborn has the exact number of trophies but that gives you more AND a Platinum trophy.

I mean, there are lots of games without a plat. 20 bronzes means, what, 300 points? That seems pretty reasonable for a 100% trophy game.

Would you have preferred 3 golds and 2 bronzes instead? Personally, I like more pings per game, but that's just me.

On 4/6/2017 at 11:17 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

Does this logic mean that you think every non-platinum list is a joke? I don't quite get what you mean.

Well having no Platinum trophy in a game is perfectly fine on many smaller games. Heck, I'm currently playing Wolfenstein 3D which has the standard 12 trophy set (9 bronze, 2 silver, 1 gold), and I'm OK with that. Sometimes the experience in itself is the reward.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:59 PM, HaserPL said:

So what, not every game needs to have a platinum... If you just play for that + 1 on your profile then don't play it and choose Goosebumbs or something like that. If you are interested in this game play it and get 100%.

But Alien Rage's trophy set are just Bronzes with some requiring more work for little reward.

Example: Complete single player campaign on Brutal difficulty- Bronze trophy

Reach a player score of 25,000,000- Bronze trophy

1500 Total Kills- Bronze trophy

I don't mind go through the effort to get these things. It's just that the reward sometimes doesn't match the work needed, I still may very well end up playing it anywhere.

Doom 3:BFG Edition had a Platinum trophy and ONE gold trophy with everything else being Bronze, and I still 100% the game compilation cause I really like Doom 3.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:29 PM, Galactic Balls said:

I got this, prepare the holy hand grenade

grenade4.jpg

HolyHandGrenade.jpg

Yes, Of Course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

A lot of people on this site are personally slighted at the expense of a game without a platinum.

I've got 30 hours played in Persona 5, and only 10 trophies to show for it.

And you know what?

It's the best experience I've had in gaming in... an extremely long time. 

Trophies.
Don't.
Mean.
Fuck.
All.

If the game does it's job.

That's their problem LOL

On 07/04/2017 at 2:29 AM, HaserPL said:

So what, not every game needs to have a platinum... If you just play for that + 1 on your profile then don't play it and choose Goosebumbs or something like that. If you are interested in this game play it and get 100%.

True, not every game should have a platinum but there are a lot without that definitely deserve it. Would be nice to read Sony's policy on trophies (doesn't even seem like they have one). 

16 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

True, not every game should have a platinum but there are a lot without that definitely deserve it. Would be nice to read Sony's policy on trophies (doesn't even seem like they have one). 

They have a general policy for trophies, specifically that all AAA retail games must have a platinum trophy. It used to state that no PSN only game could have a platinum. That's only what they've told us, as the full guidelines are NDA'd. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

I don't understand why a game with no platinum trophy is considered as having a "bad trophy list." Platinum trophies are overrated. 

As I stated previously, having no Platinum trophy in a game is perfectly fine on many smaller games on PSN and I'm OK with that. Sometimes the experience in itself is the reward.

I don't mind go through the effort to get these things. It's just that the reward sometimes doesn't match the work needed, I still may very well end up playing it anywhere.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheDraegonLord said:

As I stated previously, having no Platinum trophy in a game is perfectly fine on many smaller games on PSN and I'm OK with that. Sometimes the experience in itself is the reward.

What work are you referring to? Playing the game?

9 hours ago, TheDraegonLord said:

I played Trials Fusion for 150 Hours. The game does not have a platinum. Never once did I question whether or not it was worth it. Unlocking "Is there Anything You Can't Do" from Trials Fusion and finishing off the 100% was the most rewarding feeling I have ever gotten from a video game. I don't understand how having a platinum unlock at the same time would somehow increase how rewarded I felt. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 0:22 AM, Nishikino Maki said:

They have a general policy for trophies, specifically that all AAA retail games must have a platinum trophy. It used to state that no PSN only game could have a platinum. That's only what they've told us, as the full guidelines are NDA'd. 

It now probably has to do with how much money a dev throws at Sony otherwise something like My Name is Mayo wouldn't have a Platinum. Personally, I would like to see Sony mandate a minimum of 20 trophies and a Platinum for every game.

Edited by Killbomb

1 hour ago, Killbomb said:

It now probably has to do with how much money a dev throws at Sony otherwise something like My Name is Mayo wouldn't have a Platinum. Personally, I would like to see Sony mandate a minimum of 20 trophies and a Platinum for every game.

Could be. I don't think EVERY game needs a platinum though.

Games have a maximum amount of trophy points depending on whether they have a platinum or not. For a 100% game I believe the number is 300 or 315. That means a game can have up to 20 bronze trophies, or a lesser number of higher value trophies. 

I don't know how it's decided whether a game gets a platinum or not, but once that's decided it's up to the developer to come up with the trophies. The makers of this game probably just decided to use the maximum amount of trophies they could have for a 100% game and didn't think past that. 

Also, nowhere is it written that harder requirements automatically award you with a higher value trophy. It's often the case, but if I had a dollar for every time the last and hardest trophy from a game was a bronze or silver I'd probably have like 8 or 9 bucks man. xD

FYI The Cave also has 20 bronze trophies, and I know I've seen other games like this too.