Top 3 Vita games to buy first (as of today)

AdventjX

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

And that's why we love her :awesome: 

Absolutely disgusting, it's because of people like you, I voted to leave the EU. I don't want any of your weebness infecting my dudebros games with your hentai ways.

JK

• Like 1

Kinda hard to recommend without knowing what kind of games to recommend but:

- Danganronpa 1 and 2 - Great games and the reason I got a Vita. (2 is better than 1 - which was already very good - but you'd definitely want to play them in order)

- If you like rhythm games, the Hatsune Miku Project Diva games

- Drinkbox Collection - 3 great games :D

Edited by Zanreo

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh you :awesome: You always know how to please weeb :awesome:

You're happy to see me suffer? Because of your anime games, my dude-bros game are changing everyday. Due to these games I now how to listen to the protagonist's feelings, see them crying in the rain and watch them trying to get their Senpais to notice them and all that junk.  

Why won't you notice me, Satoshi? :(

• Like 1

1. Freedom Wars

2. Killzone Mercenaries

3. Nonary games (I've only played VLR, but I'm sure all 3 are standouts.

honorable mentions:

Gravity Rush (dlc), and though they are on PS4, Guacamelee (dlc) and Rayman Legends (trophy hunting can be a pain on this one).

y is anyone mentioning dangan when its on ps4 now lolz

Though I think playing VN on TV is pointless.

You should just look at the exclusives and make your own decision:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_Vita-only_games

And if you only want trophies:

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=average&platform=psvita

Vita is love it or hate it, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground. People who like it are biased, especially those who got it before the past ~1 year.

Also, Vita is kind of expensive. The system is, unless you get lucky or buy one used. The memory cards are, and even then buying used doesn't usually help. The game can be, unless you commit to digital, which means you should get PS+ to back up saves or will be spending more on memory cards...

Edited by mako-heart

Whatever you decide to go with, one of the picks should absolutely be Persona 4 Golden. It's a must play for Vita owners. Buying a Vita without P4G is like buying a Switch without Zelda. You're a madman if you don't. ? There are a lot of great Vita games, but if we're talking about the stuff you should pick up right away, the Zero Escape and Danganronpa games should be a priority.

16 hours ago, mako-heart said:

y is anyone mentioning dangan when its on ps4 now lolz

Though I think playing VN on TV is pointless.

Why shouldn't we? Being on console doesn't automatically make it better, in fact, I'd argue VN's are more suited to handheld, which is something you seem to agree with. Besides, the OP didn't mention anything about the suggestions having to be Vita exclusives.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's a bit drastic comparison :D Switch without Zelda is buying an expensive accessory :awesome: while Vita can be alive even without P4G despite player losing an awesome experience =D

Yeah, that's true. I mean Vita actually had games on launch, unlike the Switch. :awesome:

45 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Binding of Isaac

Rogue Legacy

Guacamelee

I know these are cross play with PS4 but i think the vita suits these games perfectly.  You can pick up and play for 30 mins and be done or find yourself still playing them after 3 hours  :-)

A quick note: unless I'm mistaken, Vita's Guacamelee is cross play with PS3 (as opposed to the STCE edition on PS4).

Anyway, for me, I'm with undead wolf. If you bought a Vita, you probably like RPGs, and if you like RPGs, you damn sure need to play P4 Golden. It's a superior version of a superior game. Salt and Sanctuary would be a no-brainer, but I found that the Vita version was glitchy and annoying, with numerous crashes during my own (very short) playthrough. 

I don't really know what else to say yet - I've only had the Vita since Christmas, and I wouldn't call any of the other games I've played absolutely awesome (although I will say that Superdimension Neptunia might be the best in that series, if you like that series).

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Why shouldn't we? Being on console doesn't automatically make it better, in fact, I'd argue VN's are more suited to handheld, which is something you seem to agree with. Besides, the OP didn't mention anything about the suggestions having to be Vita exclusives.

It's relevant because they want reasons to buy a Vita, and state they already have a PS4.