PS Plus May IGC

filplacido

3 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Could be, I didn't play it because it was only one episode and I like to play episodic games only when every episode is out. I do remember that not long after it came to the IGC, the first episode was free for everyone. Also I think that there was some kind of problem with the epilogue or something too.

I was referring to TftB. Can you imagine the outrage if they gave Episode 1 for free, when it's already free? Lol. That is interesting that King's Quest's first episode is also free, though.. Why even put it on Plus, if they were going to let everyone have it? 

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

I was referring to TftB. Can you imagine the outrage if they gave Episode 1 for free, when it's already free? Lol. That is interesting that King's Quest's first episode is also free, though.. Why even put it on Plus, if they were going to let everyone have it? 

When they put King's Quest on PS+ only episode 1 was released at the time + episode 1 was paid at that time too.. that was why it was put on ps+, it only became free a few months later.

As for me, I always welcome a Tell Tales game, since I'm always interested in trying those, but not enough to actually pay for them..

I'm also interested in trying Blood Knights, but again, it's not something that I would spend money on..

Oh wow, I thought I was getting Abzu. Getting Alienation actually sweetens the deal since I already have Abzu in my possession. 

Yeah probably one of the only people who don't feel screwed (had a look at a bunch of comment sections and everyone wants the other region's game xD

This however, I'd like to see as a good sign. We've been getting the exact same drama for 3 and a half years now. I'll take any change to the formula as potential reformation of the service.

Let's see:

Alienation: Doesn't look like my kind of game... kinda wish we got ABZU instead

Tales of the Borderlands: This is a point-and-click adventure type game, right? Looks kinda interesting, while I haven't tried the main Borderlands due to it being FPS (a genre I'm not a fan of) I kinda like the style here... if nothing else it will be a quick and easy platinum

Blood Knights: Doesn't look like something I'd enjoy
Port Royale: Eh, not my thing

Laser Disco Defenders: Looks kinda fun and has a cool visual style but also is apparently brutally hard.. so not sure about this
Type Rider: Looks interesting! Will most likely try this out!

Overall this is a less interesting month for me than past months, but eh, can't win them all

Edited by Zanreo

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

When they put King's Quest on PS+ only episode 1 was released at the time + episode 1 was paid at that time too.. that was why it was put on ps+, it only became free a few months later.

But the fact remains it became free for everyone, making it a Plus game that never was.. 

I'm glad that EU got Alienation rather than Abzu. Definitely gonna download that. Tales From The Borderlands is really funny game. I  would recommend it to all. And also it's TellTale Game so it's easy Plat.

Edited by Juzota

4 hours ago, Valyrious said:

If you don't buy something yourself, you don't REALLY want something. Either buy it or hope that NA and EU switch their PS4 games next month and we get Alienation. 

I'm of the opinion that it will come to IGC and it did, just not NA. I'll continue to wait, I have a backlog that will choke a beluga whale to sustain me till it happens .    

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

The Gamestop-game is Song of the Deep by Insomniac Games, which is a Metroidvania/Action-Adventure but also plays underwater.

And yes, Abzu is by some of the people who also made Journey.

i have no idea how i made them into one game in my mind lol

oh well, id want to try it if it was either of them.

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

I'm of the opinion that it will come to IGC and it did, just not NA. I'll continue to wait, I have a backlog that will choke a beluga whale to sustain me till it happens .    

I understand that. It's a game I want and am willing to wait for as well. But to say that you really want something... I dunno. Guess our perspectives are a little different in that regard.

I'm more than happy to buy a game at full price if I really want it.

12 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

I REALLY wanted Alienation1f615.png

6 hours ago, Valyrious said:

If you don't buy something yourself, you don't REALLY want something. Either buy it or hope that NA and EU switch their PS4 games next month and we get Alienation. 

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

3 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I understand that. It's a game I want and am willing to wait for as well. But to say that you really want something... I dunno. Guess our perspectives are a little different in that regard.

I'm with Valyrious on this one. Talking like that it seems you don't REALLY want Alienation, you just REALLY want to get it for free :)

Also, anyone else notice how many people in this thread from NA wanted Alienation and how many from EU wanted Abzu?

Edited by BillyHorrible
Typo

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm with Valyrious on this one.talking like that it seems you don't REALLY want Alienation, you just REALLY want to get it for free :)

Also, anyone else notice how many people in this thread from NA wanted Alienation and how many from EU wanted Abzu?

Yup. I've noticed that everywhere. I find it absolutely hilarious, honestly. I missed this kind of light-hearted jealousy. :P

The ones that are content with the games they got in their region seem to be in the minority.

Chalk me up as one that would have preferred Alienation. BUT both of them are on my wish list, so I'm still happy regardless.

I did mention in a post a long time ago, that the Play 2016 games would be PS+ freebies. Just basing it off of Play 2015's entire lineup going free on Plus.

This month, we've seen the first game from Play 2016 go free.

28204189662_53751bb4d9_z.jpg

These other three are bound (pun intended?) to be freebies too. So... avoid buying them on sale? :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Valyrious said:

I really wanted Zero Time Dilemma, but I waited till it was under $20. Of course, being an unemployed bum might have something to do with that.. But even if I had a job, I probably wouldn't pay full price. There are soooo many games released that I want, and they drop in price so fast. Don't mind waiting a bit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I really wanted Zero Time Dilemma, but I waited till it was under $20. Of course, being an unemployed bum might have something to do with that.. But even if I had a job, I probably wouldn't pay full price. There are soooo many games released that I want, and they drop in price so fast. Don't mind waiting a bit.

We're all like that, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Hell, some games that currently fall into that category for me are: Nier Automata ($40), Horizon Zero Dawn ($40), Yakuza 0 ($40), Attack on Titan ($30) Persona 4 Dancing All Night ($20).

I'm okay waiting until these games drop to that price. Which may take a little while since games in Canada retail for $80.

But at $20, it's hard to say no to virtually any game. Especially nowadays.