Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Following up on a part of stores closure email

Apparently Vita messaging app will be disabled on 28th June 2021.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/the_ps_vita_messaging_system_is_also_going_offline

Doesnt it mean all the coop based games without official matchmaking will get unobtainable trophies at that very moment?

As far as i remember all invites are message app based so my conclusion is we are screwed.

Few examples from discussion i had with friends: Little Deviants, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, possibly Foul Play

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

8 minutes ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

Following up on a part of stores closure email

Apparently Vita messaging app will be disabled on 28th June 2021.

Doesnt it mean all the coop based games without official matchmaking will get unobtainable trophies at that moment?

All invites are message app based so my conclusion is we are screwed.

We need to call Sony and ask them immediately! Only they know for sure

5 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Ubisoft shutting down online for many games in 2021 

including far cry 2

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/assassins-creed-2-among-ubisoft-games-losing-online-features

Far Cry 2 and its map server hasn't been working since last year.

I wasn't aware that Assassin's Creed II had any online features -- do they mean Brotherhood and Revelations?

9 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Ubisoft shutting down online for many games in 2021 

including far cry 2

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/assassins-creed-2-among-ubisoft-games-losing-online-features

4 minutes ago, Helyx said:

That's PC only though, right?

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Far Cry 2 and its map server hasn't been working since last year.

I wasn't aware that Assassin's Creed II had any online features -- do they mean Brotherhood and Revelations?

All their shutdowns will be for their PC versions, not their console versions: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

So with the announcement of PS3 and Vita stores shutdowns and Vita message service termination, we have a few things at huge risk:

- Vita games with invite system for coop

- Vita games with online passes (on Vita they are tied as a service, not as a download item as on PS3. Worst case scenario on PS3, passes are still available just normally borrowing an account, while on Vita it would need the Vita account swap trick and I'm not 100% sure of that)

It would be nice to try to fetch a list for those, will do some research later

there's already a topic made. Here it is, Edin:

• Like 1

So with the Store being decommissioned for PS3 and Vita will this affect patches for games too?

I see earlier in this thread that games such as GT5 no longer attempt to download patch (I have it as latest patch on one PS3 and 1.0 on another....)

Take Uncharted '1' as an example, I believe they added Trophies as part of a patch? So if you haven't started it already is the Platinum unobtainable?

Does this affect other games that patched problematic trophies?

Apologies if this has been covered/answered elsewhere...

So, I see this growing list is covering the Vita Messages shutdown, will have a look at more games later

About online passes, there are 7 currently available for sale on the US PS Store:

- Hot Shots Golf World Invitational [Already shutdown]

- Reality Fighters [as a 100kb file in your download list]

- Resistance Burning Skies [NEED CONFIRMATION]

- Soul Sacrifice [apparently trophies can be done in adHoc]

- Soul Sacrifice Delta [currently free, apparently trophies can be done in adHoc]

- Unit 13 [tied as account service]

- Wipeout 2048 [Already shutdown]

So the only game in need of checking is Resistance Burning Skies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magicloud-MB said:

So with the Store being decommissioned for PS3 and Vita will this affect patches for games too?

I see earlier in this thread that games such as GT5 no longer attempt to download patch (I have it as latest patch on one PS3 and 1.0 on another....)

Take Uncharted '1' as an example, I believe they added Trophies as part of a patch? So if you haven't started it already is the Platinum unobtainable?

Does this affect other games that patched problematic trophies?

Apologies if this has been covered/answered elsewhere...

The digital version of Uncharted should be already fully patched.

GT5 seems to be an isolated case, nobody reported other games so far.

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Thanks, I have a number of physical games, Uncharted 1 being one of them. I have just stuck it in and patch downloaded fine

But if someone was to do this after 02-Jul-21 would it still patch? Not a question for you specifically... I do see there is another thread so will try and catch up on those 50+ pages.

See what I need to physically install, etc.

28 minutes ago, Magicloud-MB said:

Thanks, I have a number of physical games, Uncharted 1 being one of them. I have just stuck it in and patch downloaded fine

But if someone was to do this after 02-Jul-21 would it still patch? Not a question for you specifically... I do see there is another thread so will try and catch up on those 50+ pages.

See what I need to physically install, etc.

Yeah patches have nothing to do with the Store.

7 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

So, I see this growing list is covering the Vita Messages shutdown, will have a look at more games later

About online passes, there are 7 currently available for sale on the US PS Store:

- Soul Sacrifice Delta [currently free, apparently trophies can be done in adHoc]

Lmao they're still selling passes for shutdown games?

And Resistance Burning Skies should be still up I know last summer it went through a rumor of shutdown but that never actually happened. (Rumor started after Killzone Liberation was down for a time.)

The main issue from what I remember with Burning Skies is it requires a co-ordinated group to essentially start a match online similar because it's just basically not played at all.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

5 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Lmao they're still selling passes for shutdown games?

And Resistance Burning Skies should be still up I know last summer it went through a rumor of shutdown but that never actually happened. (Rumor started after Killzone Liberation was down for a time.)

The main issue from what I remember with Burning Skies is it requires a co-ordinated group to essentially start a match online similar because it's just basically not played at all.

That must have changed at some point as all I needed was to find one other person to boost with when I platted it 3 years ago.

Edited by Guardian_owl

5 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

That must have changed at some point as all I needed was to find one other person to boost with when I platted it 3 years ago.

I'm talking about the regular method which still requires a group so the server loads a match. Private matches can be done with two players but that method will need to be tested if it's works still after the Messages function is removed from the Vita.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, EdinhoN said:

Burning Skies still works as the vita subreddit does weekly online games

On 3/30/2021 at 4:02 PM, Lance_87 said:

Some players had trouble downloading smash cars patch、thats needed to reconize the virus run dlc、in jetpack joyride (free to play ) 、probely dont download the patch if delete the game and reinstall it make the trophys not to pop、i wasnt able to download/install eye of judgement patch 、so game didnt add trophys、would be nice if there is a list of games released without trophys 、but a update added it

2 hours ago, japancollecter said:

Some players had trouble downloading smash cars patch、thats needed to reconize the virus run dlc、in jetpack joyride (free to play ) 、probely dont download the patch if delete the game and reinstall it make the trophys not to pop、i wasnt able to download/install eye of judgement patch 、so game didnt add trophys、would be nice if there is a list of games released without trophys 、but a update added it

Jetpack Joyride? How about the Deluxe (non-free) version? I bought it ages ago but it was always at v1.00.

Games released without trophies that released a trophy patch? At the moment i only remember MGS4 and Uncharted 1, but the digital versions should be already pre-patched.

Edited by Lance_87

28 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Jetpack Joyride? How about the Deluxe (non-free) version? I bought it ages ago but it was always at v1.00.

Games released without trophies that released a trophy patch? At the moment i only remember MGS4 and Uncharted 1, but the digital version should be already pre-patched.

The delisted free to play version without deluxe in it、the deluxe i still need to buy 

There a lot of them realeased in 2009 or 2012 i think also on disc 、i remember playing feary legends of avalon back then 、toki tori and more games  、they didnt give trophy at the time、when i start it now the update give it trophys 、its probely also the case with the disc releases back then、i wonder if the game is not patched because it got deleted 、and the trophystack is sync on psn/ added offline trophylist before 、it still unlock trophys or the gamesoftware really need to be patched

Did anyone try buying ps3 demo disc and was able to acces the unlock file/dlc trough  this on psn of a delisted psn games?