Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

On 14/03/2022 at 9:11 PM, EdinhoN said:

That's if you added the game prior to your library (have yet to check that when I sign for EA Play again soon to finish F1 2019). A friend just tried to play the game and was unable to do so due to store removal.

So I have EA Play and never played this and confirm that's what seems to happen. Because EA Play is integrated directly into the PSN store the games will not accept any new owners as soon as the linked PSN page has been delisted.

If people have added it to their library before they can redownload it and play again provided they still own a license from before (either the temporary license from EA Play or their own purchased digital license).

Btw while still somewhat expensive most places a physical version does exist for this game still as well. Was this only a delisting or is there a risk of server shutdown too?

So some more info into F1 series.

A dlc for a pair of cosmetic racing gloves is still in the store. I tried purchasing them to see if my library would update with F12019 (sometimes dlc adds the game to your library despite not actually owning the game). Sadly while the icon is there for the game it is still missing a download button.

While checking this I also noticed it's been removed from Canada, North Ireland (UK), German, Australia/New Zealand stores. The page as with most delisted games still exist in the Hong Kong store but the purchase and download button is removed from the page.

Btw also downloading the old EAPlay Hub does nothing. It will automatically display a page and do nothing stating that it's been discontinued and to head to the PS Store. (Unsure if loading a previous version of the app is possible or would make it work, akin to downgrading games.)

Btw I also noticed two things while checking this. Places manged mainly by Sony Europe seem to have 2015, 2016, 2017 all still available for purchase and play.

F12016 is free for download on the Canadian PSN Store. Not sure what's going on there. I checked my library and don't own the game but it's also not marked as an EA Play title for me. Maybe it's most likely an EAPlay title too but just missing the tag.

6 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

If people have added it to their library before they can redownload it and play again provided they still own a license from before (either the temporary license from EA Play or their own purchased digital license).

That's not a guarantee, some EA Play games are unable to be redownloaded after the removal of EA Play, for example Madden NFL 19. So it's a hit and miss I guess.

5 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

F12016 is free for download on the Canadian PSN Store. Not sure what's going on there. I checked my library and don't own the game but it's also not marked as an EA Play title for me. Maybe it's most likely an EAPlay title too but just missing the tag.

This is F1 2016's trial.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

That's not a guarantee, some EA Play games are unable to be redownloaded after the removal of EA Play, for example Madden NFL 19. So it's a hit and miss I guess.

This is F1 2016's trial.

Yeah what I meant when I said as long as they have the temporary license. If it's been removed from service they won't be able to download it. (I can't recall but I think EA Play games require the typical online check with a 15 minute countdown when disconnected in order to play them as well just like with PSPlus titles.)

Ah okay that makes sense. Weird though it doesn't show any option to buy it despite the trial being the only thing there.

2 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

The only reason why I mention it here is that with a re-release caused by a change in publisher (and a seperate download) sometimes comes a new trophy list. A new trophy list for an online game means rip the old trophy list. I cannot find anything that can deny or confirm it. But I will just say be wary.

goddammit

i barely managed that one single trophy in FG and now you're telling me there is a new trophy list? not so wholesome moment...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Apperently, due to mediatonic been taken over by epic games, they are gonna release a new fall guys launcher on 5 april. This means that the old launcher will not work anymore

https://www.fallguys.com/en-US/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-fall-guys-playstation-launcher-migration

The only reason why I mention it here is that with a re-release caused by a change in publisher (and a seperate download) sometimes comes a new trophy list. A new trophy list for an online game means rip the old trophy list. I cannot find anything that can deny or confirm it. But I will just say be wary.

EDIT: I guess the shutdown is 9 may, while the release is 5 april. So we will know soon enough and on time

@EdinhoN put Fall Guys (May 9) on the first page?
Dammit.. I was gonna get back to FG but not so soon.. let's pray to God the new launcher is linked to the same trophy list..

43 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

IF there is a new list, the chances that it will auto pop are high. Because for example, if you play Fall Guys on PC and choose to play an PS4 all trophies/achievements you earned on PC are auto pop on the PS4 Version.

I get your point, you're talking about cross-platform achievements syncing up, like in Dauntless.
That's not the issue here though. IF Fall Guys gets a new trophy list, and the old one gets left behind then we have unti May 9 to earn all trophies from the original (old) list, before being forced to play through the new application (launcher) which would be connected to a new list.. let's hope it doesn't happen.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

I get your point, you're talking about cross-platform achievements syncing up, like in Dauntless.
That's not the issue here though. IF Fall Guys gets a new trophy list, and the old one gets left behind then we have unti May 9 to earn all trophies from the original (old) list, before being forced to play through the new application (launcher) which would be connected to a new list.. let's hope it doesn't happen.

I know, I just wanted to let him know that a new list would most likely mean it is auto pop. That people would have to finish the current list before it is seemingly unattainable in May is out of the question. Like you said let's just hope it is the same list.

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Apperently, due to mediatonic been taken over by epic games, they are gonna release a new fall guys launcher on 5 april. This means that the old launcher will not work anymore

https://www.fallguys.com/en-US/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-fall-guys-playstation-launcher-migration

EDIT: I guess the shutdown is 9 may, while the release is 5 april. So we will know soon enough and on time

To add to this a few of us have already been inquiring on this on twitter and Facebook about a possible new list and have been ignored so far as for an answer.

• Like 4

On 15/03/2022 at 2:24 AM, EdinhoN said:

F1 2019 is going to be removed from EA Play on 18th of April. It has already been delisted on Xbox, available only on Game Pass/EA Play, so there's a high chance F1 2019 will be delisted at this date. Also, EA has delisted ALL old F1 games from everywhere 3 days ago.

Ahh, that stinks... was planning to get F1 2017 and 2018 for getting their platinums but guess I'll have to find cheap physical copies in my country then... At least I'm glad that I had the chance to play F1 2019 and get that out of the way thanks to EA Play.

Sorry to bring bad news.. but indeed it seems to be the case that Fall Guys is getting a new trophy list:
Original - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11209-fall-guys-ultimate-knockout

Re-release - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15789-fall-guys-ultimate-knockout

@EdinhoN You can change text on front page:
New launcher MIGHT get a new trophy list and discontinue old one -->
New launcher WILL get a new trophy list and the trophies in the old one will be unobtainable

This is pretty much a fact now, so best of luck everyone in completing the original list before it's too late (May 9)!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Sorry to bring bad news.. but indeed it seems to be the case that Fall Guys is getting a new trophy list:
Original - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11209-fall-guys-ultimate-knockout

Re-release - https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/15789-fall-guys-ultimate-knockout

@EdinhoN You can change text on front page:
New launcher MIGHT get a new trophy list and discontinue old one -->
New launcher WILL get a new trophy list and the trophies in the old one will be unobtainable

This is pretty much a fact now, so best of luck everyone in completing the original list before it's too late (May 9)!

why another launcher tho?

• Like 1

all this would be avoided if there was an option to delete entire lists of trophies after achieved. lol

inb4: I know the technical complications this would entail, I'm just saying...

1 hour ago, xItsLesterx said:

Just recently got a reply. This reply looks like from someone that actually knows what's going on. Apparently, the trophies were supposed to be consolidated. Guess everyone has been messaging them and they're gonna look into it. 

In the main thread about the new launcher I made. Most who have dealt with support have gotten generic it will transfer over answers pressing more directly about a new list usually leads to being ignored.

I believe the confusion comes from the support staff probably didn't realize that typically most publisher takeovers mean a new relisting of the game. Relisting generally mean new trophy list. Even though the info they got is it will be the same or it will transfer unlocks which is technically true (all trophies have same requirements and transferring onto the new one should Autopop them if you meet the requirements already). But just like us they can go only as much as they can.

Maybe if we can get them to escalate it to the devs we might find out a more clear answer. (What I did myself when the Disintegration list was changing after multiplayer shutdown.)

Edit: Leaving a warning too on this. But currently the old list may be unobtainable already for Fall Guys for new players.

The trophy Head Turner requires wearing a Legendary Top, Bottom, Color and Pattern at once. Currently Legendary Color and Pattern can only be obtained from the daily shop which is randomized each day for every player. Seeing as some people have taken even upto 6 realtime months to get a Legendary Pattern (rarest item) completing this trophy within a month could be almost impossible unless the devs step in and gift everyone it.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

In the main thread about the new launcher I made. Most who have dealt with support have gotten generic it will transfer over answers pressing more directly about a new list usually leads to being ignored.

I believe the confusion comes from the support staff probably didn't realize that typically most publisher takeovers mean a new relisting of the game. Relisting generally mean new trophy list. Even though the info they got is it will be the same or it will transfer unlocks which is technically true (all trophies have same requirements and transferring onto the new one should Autopop them if you meet the requirements already). But just like us they can go only as much as they can.

Maybe if we can get them to escalate it to the devs we might find out a more clear answer. (What I did myself when the Disintegration list was changing after multiplayer shutdown.)

Edit: Leaving a warning too on this. But currently the old list may be unobtainable already for Fall Guys for new players.

The trophy Head Turner requires wearing a Legendary Top, Bottom, Color and Pattern at once. Currently Legendary Color and Pattern can only be obtained from the daily shop which is randomized each day for every player. Seeing as some people have taken even upto 6 realtime months to get a Legendary Pattern (rarest item) completing this trophy within a month could be almost impossible unless the devs step in and gift everyone it.

I know everyone got a generic answer. I did too. I was just putting out there what I was replied back to me.

6 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

So the boys must not invest in a game that came out almost 2 years ago (4th August 2020), just because NOW it has received a new list?

Interesting.

damn it's been all this time!? time really flies...