Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

11 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Marvel Heroes Omega both shutting down

Which sucks, cuz it even had DLC. I never seen a game shut down within so few months.

11 hours ago, kevao97 said:

f there was an option to delete entire lists of trophies after achieved.

Would be a speedrunner's dream, haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red-Izanagi said:

Personally, i see this as an absolute fail and also i'm bit dissapointed in this situation but we can't do much about this sadly.

So, I haven't played the game in over a year. Don't even know if I have an Epic account linked. But on my main PSn, I have the legendary stuff already. My question is: Do the items stay stored on your psn account, or your Epic account? If Epic, then could I link an Epic account to my main psn, then unlink, and then link to my second psn, and effectively transfer the items?

8 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

So, I haven't played the game in over a year. Don't even know if I have an Epic account linked. But on my main PSn, I have the legendary stuff already. My question is: Do the items stay stored on your psn account, or your Epic account? If Epic, then could I link an Epic account to my main psn, then unlink, and then link to my second psn, and effectively transfer the items?

Your stuff should be linked to your epic account, from what i read. You could give it a try i guess

12 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

It gets stored on Epic account. I dont think you can unlink and link to another PSN.

I platted the game on 2020 before Epic stuff. Then recently I bought on Steam and linked Epic there. After that I learnt about the autopop between PSN and Steam. And when I logged in on PS4, it brought my Steam progress. Had to contact support to swap my old 2020 PS4 progress with Steam's recent one and they said it was definitive and a one time only

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red-Izanagi said:

So for those wondering about the fall guys situation and the concern to get the old list done. I would highly advise, that you don't start it now, it's already to late. The shop RNG is absolute worse and i don't think i will make it in time. Also for those who don't know this, IF you can earn 160 Crowns, there's a Legendary pattern in the Crown ranks to obtain. Now you ask yourself this question. Either Grind the required Crowns or be lucky with the Item shop.

Personally, i see this as an absolute fail and also i'm bit dissapointed in this situation but we can't do much about this sadly.

Also on top of that most trophies are pure luck based such as legendary items etc which makes this even worse indeed.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 3

Totally forgot about the legendary items you gotta get from the shop.. oh well RIP FG original stack ?

On a second thought.. what if the developers decide to just increase the odds of the shop offering legendary items just before the switch, that sure would be nice.
I guess we'll have to see. :D

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

It's not a choice, if you enjoy a game you will play it whether it has online or not.
I'd be over the moon if every online trophy ever could also be completed by doing an alternative objective offline in single-player, but that's realistically never gonna happen as more games are online-only. (There was ONE game where they changed online trophies to offline before shutting down, it was not long ago, less than a year or so..)
Back in the PS3-era, even if your connection dropped from "online" games, you could still continue playing offline, whereas a lot of PS4-era games are built from the ground-up to support online and some games straight up kick you to the main menu if you drop connection or turn off the network mid-game, and they're of course not playable without a connection.

It's a nice thought AJ, but unless someone really wants to spoil their enjoyment of and free choice of gaming for the sake of trophies I doubt many will avoid specific games just because they have online trophies. That's why we got this thread for though, to stay informed and also cry in agony when shit like this hits the fan. 1f602.png
At the end of the day it's just for fun, none should obsess too much about not being able to 100% every game on their list.. with that said I will be REALLY sad if I don't get FG original stack done on time. 1f62d.png

PS4 generation games are far more lenient. 

A bunch of AA/AAA production level games back in the PS3/360 generation had a tacked on multiplayer. Being able to play online with friends was still a big craze for a lot of people, particularly college aged kids who just wanted to play some Halo or Call of Duty after a long day.  It was part of a trend at the time. A lot of first person, third person shooters automatically had an online mode. 

These days, trophy lists are more catering to either the single player experience or online only experience. There is rarely a trophy list like Max Payne 3 which had both a grindy single player and multiplayer.

Back to topic, if you care at all about completion rate, online only games are a risk. If you don’t care about completion and you just want to have fun online, then I don’t think this should really matter to you.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm thinking the 30th is the correct date and the 22nd is a typo.

My source (which is the official JP PlayStation site) also goes on to state the services in the game that won't be available from the 1st Oct, making the 30th Sept even more likely to be the correct date.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Update on Fast & Furious Crossroads.

All product sales will end on:

April 29th, 2022 - 4am CEST

https://www.fastandfuriouscrossroads.com/

I won’t be surprised for a shutdown announcement anytime soon. But all those movie related games will eventually get delisted after a while. Good thing the physical copy is worth it over the digital price. I haven’t see it going cheap on store for a bargain price for a long time. So who knows they might do that before that date to scalp some monnies before they throw it out. Just managed to order a copy for 10 including shipping. 

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I can confirm that the Resistance 1 servers are back online starting from TODAY. Even the old game updates work. However that's not yet in the news unlike MotorStorm 1, i've discovered it from the official PSONE Discord server.

NO, THE GAME IS TROPHY-LESS, but at least now owners of physical copies (especially US players) can use the old DLC maps once again, both locally and online.

any chance of Resistance 2 to return? God, what a dream... ?