Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

TERA and TERA AS just went into maintenance simultaneously, someone at some point said they were run by different companies or something, but somehow they are connected. the Asian version being under maintenance with the regular version is evidence of this.

It's a long and complicated thing but all Console versions should be under Bluehole/Krafton now. But they do have a separate megaserver specifically for South Asia and Japan exclusively which makes up the "Asia Version" so it's not like they really need to take both servers down at the same time to make adjustments.

Maybe doing an update to finish off the Anniversary going on?

Edit: Also I would encourage people to finish Tera Console now as updates left or not the fact BlueHole has announced a stop in development could mean support may stop for consoles as well.

While not to fear monger this situation but console ports for MMOs have been left in the wayside before and I could see this happening here too. It just doesn't make sense to me to finish off a port when they want to end the main one as is. Especially when their arguably biggest overseas revenue in Gameforge swiftly announced to close all their owned PC Servers right after this stop in development.

It all comes down to money and with the Japan Servers already toast and now this. I doubt the Console and PC Korean Server will keep this alive much longer. (I'm assuming the Korean Server is still alive despite the announcement of worldwide shutdown as that should be managed directly by Bluehole still.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I doubt the Console and PC Korean Server will keep this alive much longer. (I'm assuming the Korean Server is still alive despite the announcement of worldwide shutdown as that should be managed directly by Bluehole still.)

The Korean PC server is being shut down as well. I can’t read Korean, but for those who can, this is apparently the closure announcement: 

https://playtera.co.kr/news/notice/914

Link from this (English) article: 

https://mmoculture.com/2022/04/tera-the-adventure-ends-as-all-global-servers-shutting-down-this-june/

54 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

The Korean PC server is being shut down as well. I can’t read Korean, but for those who can, this is apparently the closure announcement: 

https://playtera.co.kr/news/notice/914

Link from this (English) article: 

https://mmoculture.com/2022/04/tera-the-adventure-ends-as-all-global-servers-shutting-down-this-june/

(Here's the English translation of the first link, thanks much to Google and the Pixel 6 Pro. ?)

TERA service termination notice

Hello , this is TERA .

To all the Guardians who have loved and supported ' TERA ' so far, we would like to deliver some heavy news today.

Terra has been writing the history of Arborea with Guardians since it introduced Korea's first non-targeting combat system and attractive world in 2011In the meantime, we have tried our best to provide you with a satisfying and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, under the current circumstances, we have decided that there is a limit to continuously providing updates that will satisfy Guardians in the future.

It was not an easy decision by any means as I had deep affection and memories for Terra.

Now, Terra (PC) is going to end its service on June 30th and promise a new meeting in the future.

A sincere thank you to the Guardians who have shown unstinting affection and interest in Terra.

Please refer to the information below for information on service termination and advance refund schedule.

< Terra PC service termination schedule and advance refund information >

■ Service termination schedule information

– New Blue payment suspension : May 4, 2022 ( Wednesday ) 08:00

– Terrashop service end : May 25, 2022 ( Wednesday ) 08:00

– Suspension of new member registration : June 20, 2022 ( Mon ) 10:00

– Advance refund application period : From June 1, 2022 ( Wednesday ) to June 30 , 2022 ( Thursday ) 

– Service end date : June 30, 2022 ( Thursday ) 23:59

※ If payment is blocked, only new purchases of blue will be stopped, and the blue you have can be used until the end of the Terra Shop.

■ Notice regarding refund prior to termination

From June 1 , you can apply for a refund in advance for the remaining paid blue, unused paid items, and the remaining period of the premium monthly pass.

Please note that before this period, you can only apply for withdrawal of subscription as before. During the advance refund application period , you can only apply for refund for goods that are eligible for refund in your account.

※ In the case of the Premium Monthly Pass, refunds will be made for the remaining period as of the end of the service (June 30 , 24:00 ).

Further details regarding refunds will be provided through a separate notice later.

After the first open beta in Korea on January 11 , 2011 , when Arborea World was first held , despite many ups and downs, we were able to be with you all thanks to the many Guardians who enjoyed and supported the game. We will prepare a variety of entertainment until the end of the service so that the Guardians who have been with Terra can remember the rest of their time as more enjoyable and memorable.

Once again, we bow our heads to thank you Guardians.

Thank you.

- Tera Dream Team

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

Is Sonic 3 & Knuckles available on PlayStation?

I don't see any trophy list for them

No. Not as a separate game at least. I believe, it was a part of Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection.

• Like 1

On 27.4.2022 at 5:38 AM, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Also, don’t know if this game has been added yet, but I recently saw that Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars for PS Vita has been delisted (at least on the US store, not sure how long it’s been gone). 

I've checked the EU Store on the PS3 (because the Vita Store doesn't work atm), and I can't find it in the PS Vita section there, but the counter's been on 918 entries since a while now in Germany, so at least over here it seems to be gone for a while now. Also delistedgames.com only lists the 3DS version as delisted on the eShop, so they're not aware of it's delisting either (I wish I could check the Store directly on the Vita): https://delistedgames.com/conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StarWolf3000 said:

I've checked the EU Store on the PS3 (because the Vita Store doesn't work atm), and I can't find it in the PS Vita section there, but the counter's been on 918 entries since a while now in Germany, so at least over here it seems to be gone for a while now. Also delistedgames.com only lists the 3DS version as delisted on the eShop, so they're not aware of it's delisting either (I wish I could check the Store directly on the Vita): https://delistedgames.com/conception-ii-children-of-the-seven-stars/

I posted on the game’s forum asking if the game had been delisted-someone there checked the Vita store and confirmed it had, though I don’t know what region they were in. 

On 4/22/2022 at 3:19 AM, Vampirehunter145 said:

Tested the servers for Brotherhood, Revelations and Black Flag. Each of them is alive and well as of this moment (even got a trophy in "The Lost Archive" in Revelations). ¿So, there is no confirmation yet of a date when these will go down?

I unlocked Head in the Cloud in Assassin's Creed III for PS3. I thought it was a lost cause, but servers returned, and gotten the trophy. Now I'm done with the online

• Like 3

Although there isn't word yet and this shouldn't be treated as confirmation, Embracer Group said that with their pending purchase of Crystal Dynamics/Eidos Montreal/S-E Montreal from Square Enix, Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers will depend on 'external approval' for them to get it. That external approval would be Disney, which owns Marvel.

If it is the case that Disney doesn't approve for Embracer Group to get GOTG & Avengers, here's what we would potentially see:

1) Delisting of both games

2) Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't have any online trophies, so it'll be fine (DLC costumes will no longer be purchasable)

3) Avengers will see their servers shutdown and thus the entire Platinum for PS4 & PS5 become unobtainable (Investing in the Future trophy is already unobtainable if you haven't previously played the game)

4) If there's no server shutdown for Avengers but development is discontinued, that would mean no patches or content updates for the game (and thus keeping Investing in the Future trophy unobtainable)

Keep all in this mind and with a grain of salt; hopefully, Embracer Group will announce a shutdown for Avengers. Given Volition's track record (who also Embracer Group owns) with not announcing the server shutdown of Agents of Mayhem, I'm not expecting any heads up for Avengers. Also, let's not forget Marvel Heroes Omega shutting down without any warning when Disney/Marvel discontinued their deal.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Snip

Unless it's changed again in another update the trophy is supposedly Obtainable still for Investing the Future just incredibly grindy/buggy with the requirements now.

Btw has their been any set date for this purchase/acquisition? Sometimes these things can be announced way ahead and just wondering if this means we have a few months or maybe even till next year before something like a delisting may happen.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Unless it's changed again in another update the trophy is supposedly Obtainable still for Investing the Future just incredibly grindy/buggy with the requirements now.

Btw has their been any set date for this purchase/acquisition? Sometimes these things can be announced way ahead and just wondering if this means we have a few months or maybe even till next year before something like a delisting may happen.

The acquisition is expecting to close in July - September of this year. As far as a timeline for a delisting after that - who knows. I think we'll know more if Disney announces a continuation of the games/agreements with the new ownership.

6 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Also, let's not forget Marvel Heroes Omega shutting down without any warning when Disney/Marvel discontinued their deal.

This is not true. They even made consumables and such free once the shutdown was announced so that there was much less of a grind. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I hope this is true. Haven’t started the game yet, but honestly don’t want to mess around with old update files to get that one stupid trophy. 

Guess I might be starting this sooner than I had planned to. 

Also hoping the acquisition doesn’t affect the online for Tomb Raider & Rise of the Tomb Raider. 

• Like 2

This is ENTIRELY RUMOR/SPECULATION but this was my notification on my phone this morning for "news".

But it's being mentioned this may be why Square is selling off currently. Crystal Dynamics part seems weird to me though for the sell off you would think if true Sony would want Tomb Raider again as an exlcusive.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/sony-buying-square-enix-was-the-big-acquisition-rumour-apparently

Anyways depending how this goes we could possibly see several delistings and relistings happen for change of Publishers even.

2 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I hope this is true. Haven’t started the game yet, but honestly don’t want to mess around with old update files to get that one stupid trophy. 

Guess I might be starting this sooner than I had planned to. 

Also hoping the acquisition doesn’t affect the online for Tomb Raider & Rise of the Tomb Raider. 

Yeah I hear that, I was planning to jump into some RPGs now this announcement has me going through my Square Catalog being like what could be in danger.

That's the tricky thing, I want to say hopefully the devs are in control of the servers themselves. But also looking at the situation with the Hitman Absolution server shutdown when IO and SE Europe split doesn't make me too hopeful either.

• Like 3

Yeah, marvel always seems to be some of the first games to get axed(rip ultimate alliance and the ps3 spiderman games) . I think guardians will be fine because the license to both marvel games transfers with them and maybe embracer will consider a sequel due to its positive reception in spite of certain circumstances but i cant imagine avengers getting too much support going-over forward as the real decision maker is disney as its possible they may let the deal expire asap.