[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

@RizzleAbbey12 That image looks good :) thanks for sorting that out, will hopefully get some stars this month too

Also just checked my starting stats for the year but I was actually on 31 at the start of the year and must have got a plat between the start of theyear and you updating because you have me down as 32 at the start

Edited by Dessane

@Lorajet, Sorry about that :facepalm:! I've updated your stats for you and thanks for letting me know. :) 

@Psy-Tychist, I've updated your stats for you then to include Batman :). Thanks for letting me know and I hope you had a lovely Christmas! :D 

@MEowstic, sorry about your 2017 stats, they must have gotten all jumbled up when we've been shifting things around. I've added your stats in for you so you can look at them :)! Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

@Dessane, No problem! :) Right okay, I've updated that for you to say 31 instead of 32. I did that because I was going through everyone's profiles to make sure everyone was up-to-date but I must have not noticed that that one wasn't earnt yet :facepalm:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tesla_Rules said:
  • Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 1
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 2
    Current completion percentage: 31.59%

Yea, I know, looks pretty sad.  But I'd still like to compete and see how I do. 1f61c.png

It's even sadder that your 1st plat is My Name is Mayo:P. Hope you have fun at this event!

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

1S73f9b5.png

Completed Ar Tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel today. This game has many endings and many more choices. There are 4 heroines. You could choose to save them over saving/regenerating the planet. For the plat, you'd have to see all the endings.

Well done on finishing your first game of the year! :) I've updated your stats for you!

20 minutes ago, Tesla_Rules said:
  • Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 1
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 2
    Current completion percentage: 31.59%

Yea, I know, looks pretty sad.  But I'd still like to compete and see how I do. 1f61c.png

Hey Tesla_Rules! :D Welcome to the event! It will be nice to see your progress over the year so I hope you have fun with the event! I've added you to the main post so if you have any questions, feel free to ask away! :P 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@Dessane, No problem! :) Right okay, I've updated that for you to say 31 instead of 32. I did that because I was going through everyone's profiles to make sure everyone was up-to-date but I must have not noticed that that one wasn't earnt yet :facepalm:

Haha it is an easy enough mistake :) thanks for updating it, and cheers for running the event

• Like 1

I just finished Uncanny Valley and now I'm curious if it would also count for January's theme. I'll put it in spoilers, in case someone wants to play it blind.

Spoiler

The game is pretty short, but you have to beat it three times to unlock all trophies and see different endings. During one playthrough Eve has to fall in love with you and Buck has to be your friend, while on another playthrough, you have to kill Buck. For one Trophy you have to save a stranger and talk to him in the hospital. If you don't save him, you're alone there. And on youtube I saw that there are even more endings, like escaping with Buck instead of alone or even getting killed by Eve.

I'm still planning to play either Dishonored or Infamous on the PS3 though. But if someone's still looking for a quick game or needs a fourth game for the particular challenge, I'd suggest giving Uncanny Valley a chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

So I'm playing Saints Row 3 which has a few choices at pivotal moments... I think this fits the theme but if there is disagreement I'd like to know early so I can find another title. What do you guys think?

I think it might be an excellent game for February - revenge/avenge someone? ?

• Like 4

I finished my game for this month's theme, Spec Ops: The Line   

Stats before the Januray event:

Platinum trophies: 49

100% Completed: 4

Completion: 78.11%

Stats after the January event (so far): 

Platinum trophies: 50 (+1)

Completion: 78.39% (+0.28)

Also i think it fits the HC requirement since at some point of the game you join the CIA to battle the 33rd (the guys you were suposed to help). I'm planning on working in some games on my backlog, I'll update if I :platinum: some other that fits this month's theme :awesome:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dessane said:

Haha it is an easy enough mistake :) thanks for updating it, and cheers for running the event

No problem and thank you for being in the event! :) 

6 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

I just finished Uncanny Valley and now I'm curious if it would also count for January's theme. I'll put it in spoilers, in case someone wants to play it blind.

Reveal hidden contents

The game is pretty short, but you have to beat it three times to unlock all trophies and see different endings. During one playthrough Eve has to fall in love with you and Buck has to be your friend, while on another playthrough, you have to kill Buck. For one Trophy you have to save a stranger and talk to him in the hospital. If you don't save him, you're alone there. And on youtube I saw that there are even more endings, like escaping with Buck instead of alone or even getting killed by Eve.

I'm still planning to play either Dishonored or Infamous on the PS3 though. But if someone's still looking for a quick game or needs a fourth game for the particular challenge, I'd suggest giving Uncanny Valley a chance.

Yeah I'd definitely count Uncanny Valley for this month's theme from what you say about it, so well done on finishing your first game of the year! :D I'm definitely picking it up as I got a free PS+ trial with my new PS4 and I've been wanting this game for a while, but I've been waiting for it to come down in price. But free's even better haha! :P 

2 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

So I'm playing Saints Row 3 which has a few choices at pivotal moments... I think this fits the theme but if there is disagreement I'd like to know early so I can find another title. What do you guys think?

I'd definitely count Saints Row 3 for this month as I've played a couple of Saints Row games and know that there are plenty of good/bad choices given to you. However, as @Tesla_Rules says, it would be a perfect choice for February, so I'd say that if you have plenty of choice for this month's theme but are struggling with next month's, then just save Saints Row for next month so you can save your skips for when/if you need them. :) It's completely up to you though!

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I finished my game for this month's theme, Spec Ops: The Line   

Stats before the Januray event:

Platinum trophies: 49

Completion: 78.11%

Stats after the January event (so far): 

Platinum trophies: 50 (+1)

Completion: 78.39% (+0.28)

Also i think it fits the HC requirement since at some point of the game you join the CIA to battle the 33rd (the guys you were suposed to help). I'm planning on working in some games on my backlog, I'll update if I :platinum: some other that fits this month's theme :awesome:

Well done on finishing your first game of the year! :P I've updated your stats for you and counted Spec Ops for the Hardcore challenge as well. :) Good luck with the backlog clearing!

• Like 1

@RizzleAbbey12, I would like to join.
Would I be able to use the platinum that I got for The Wolf Among Us on 1/2 for this month even though I earned it prior to joining this? Definitely fits the theme as you get to make decisions to do the lawful thing as sheriff or fall back into your beat-em-up ways of the wolf. It would also count toward the other PSNP event challenge as it's one of my games for the Winter 2017/18 Backlog Challenge.

I calculated my stats back to the start of January, so maybe that'll allow the game to be used. Also included my current stats if you don't think it's appropriate :) :

• 35 Platinum Trophies (1/4) - 34 Platinum Trophies (1/1, 12:01 AM)
  • 10 100% Games (1/4) - 10 100% Games (1/1, 12:01 AM)
  • 87.50% Completion (1/4) - 86.25% Completion (1/1, 12:01 AM)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@RizzleAbbey12 finished my first game for the month, infamous second son. Better game than I expected had lots of fun with it. once I've finished a game, is there anything in particular I need to post? 

If you've Platted the game then thats all you need to advise. Unless you finish multiple games that qualify and you can choose the Plat image used in the OP.

• Like 1

I'm thinking way ahead, and wondering if anyone's doing the same. Gonna be playing Monster Hunter World at the end of the month, and the plan is to start playing February's game before then. Operative word being: plan. Anywho, as per the theme (pretty sure the 2nd option will win), I plan to play Tales of Berseria. I saw one of the trailers, unfortunately, so the main theme was spoiled for me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm thinking way ahead, and wondering if anyone's doing the same. Gonna be playing Monster Hunter World at the end of the month, and the plan is to start playing February's game before then. Operative word being: plan. Anywho, as per the theme (pretty sure the 2nd option will win), I plan to play Tales of Berseria. I saw one of the trailers, unfortunately, so the main theme was spoiled for me.

I was spoiled too after watching the anime of Tales Of Zestiria: The X, still i'm pretty sure there more cool stuff and themes along the game than just avenge someone :3

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I plan to play Tales of Berseria. I saw one of the trailers, unfortunately, so the main theme was spoiled for me.

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I was spoiled too after watching the anime of Tales Of Zestiria: The X, still i'm pretty sure there more cool stuff and themes along the game than just avenge someone :3

There's so much more than what you get a taste of from trailers and The X. You'll have a lot of fun with it-- it was my favorite game of 2017 :D 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@RizzleAbbey12, I would like to join.
Would I be able to use the platinum that I got for The Wolf Among Us on 1/2 for this month even though I earned it prior to joining this? Definitely fits the theme as you get to make decisions to do the lawful thing as sheriff or fall back into your beat-em-up ways of the wolf. It would also count toward the other PSNP event challenge as it's one of my games for the Winter 2017/18 Backlog Challenge.

I calculated my stats back to the start of January, so maybe that'll allow the game to be used. Also included my current stats if you don't think it's appropriate :) :

• 35 Platinum Trophies (1/4) - 34 Platinum Trophies (1/1, 12:01 AM)
  • 10 100% Games (1/4) - 10 100% Games (1/1, 12:01 AM)
  • 87.50% Completion (1/4) - 86.25% Completion (1/1, 12:01 AM)

Hey eigen-space, welcome to the event! :D I've added you to the main post and have also counted The Wolf Among Us for this month's theme and towards the Hardcore Requirement (as he does kind of change sides if you make him) and the other PSNP event challenge :). So well done on finishing your first game of the year for this event! :) If you have any questions about the event, then feel free to let me know :).

8 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@RizzleAbbey12 finished my first game for the month, infamous second son. Better game than I expected had lots of fun with it. once I've finished a game, is there anything in particular I need to post? 

Hey, I've updated your stats for you on the main page, so well done on finishing your first game of the year/event! :D When you update, if this is alright, would you be able to give me the platinum you've earned for the theme and your new completion percentage as that would help me out with speed when it comes to updating :).

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well it's always good to have a plan! :) It's a shame that it got spoiled for you but I bet your glad that your going to finally start it! 

• Like 1

I'm looking for options for January.

If anyone has a gander on my list and sees an option, let me know.

A couple of provisos, I'm not going to be able to finish Catherine (too damn hard) and I'm looking for PS3 titles only (my backlog is over 500 PS3 games and I need for it to dwindle).

Cheers in advance.

5 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm looking for options for January.

If anyone has a gander on my list and sees an option, let me know.

A couple of provisos, I'm not going to be able to finish Catherine (too damn hard) and I'm looking for PS3 titles only (my backlog is over 500 PS3 games and I need for it to dwindle).

Cheers in advance.

@Psy-Tychist haven't played it yet, but i'm assuming beyond two souls would have moral choices