[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

From the list that @RizzleAbbey12 put up I can see myself trying to do Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored,inFamous or Beyond: Two Souls.

Bioshock Infinite I just have to do 1999 mode, but it's a giant pile of annoyance as when you die you lose $100 everytime and if you can't pay it's Game Over.

Dishonored I need to Ghost through the levels, will have a try when I find the disc...

InFamous Hard Evil playthrough and then Stunt Master *shudders*.

Now where is my extra controller for Beyond...?

• Like 1

Just now, Psy-Tychist said:

Well, there are other games, but they ill take a lot of work to complete in time.

I'm not that good at speedrunning games and I suck at Multiplayer.

I can relate.  Just trying to clean out some of the so-so games before I devote time to something bigger, such as Uncharted.

• Like 1

What I like about Monthly Madness event is that I play games that I probably would ignore.  So I'm really having a good time with this! 

WRC5 is one that doesn't get me too excited, but I'd like to finish it. Need to see what it will fit for a monthly theme.

Edited by MB_27_Beach
typo
  • Like 3

Looks like the revenge theme is going to win for next month, and I can't think of anything I have that fits. Only one I can think of is Tales of Berseria, and I don't own it anymore. I've got a pretty expansive backlog, so I'm sure at least one of the games on there fits the theme, I just don't know which ones. Anyone have any other recommendations?

• Like 2

I finished my second game for this month's theme, so I guess it's time for an update:

Dishonored (PS3) - January's requirement  /  Hardcore requirement  /  Game counts towards a different PSNP event

Current stats:

- Plats: 240 > 254

- 100% Games: 70 > 71

- Completion: 99,00% > 99,07%

I still gotta do The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches DLC, but I probably won't get the rest of the Dunwall City Trials trophies, because that DLC sucks :D . I love everything about Dishonored, except these Trials. They are just too luck based and would take forever to complete.

@ExHaseo what about Resident Evil Revelations 2 or Batman: Arkham Knight? I think both would fit perfectly, especially Revelations 2. That's just two out of your profile. I was planning to start Horizon Zero Dawn next month, but I'm not sure myself if it's the best choice. Silent Hill 3 could be another candidate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Looks like the revenge theme is going to win for next month, and I can't think of anything I have that fits. Only one I can think of is Tales of Berseria, and I don't own it anymore. I've got a pretty expansive backlog, so I'm sure at least one of the games on there fits the theme, I just don't know which ones. Anyone have any other recommendations?

There's...

Asura's Wrath and here's 25 more. God of War is one of them. And here's a different list. I wonder if Batman Telltale has some revenge/avenge elements to it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

There's...

Asura's Wrath and here's 25 more. God of War is one of them. And here's a different list. I wonder if Batman Telltale has some revenge/avenge elements to it.

I see AC2 on your list, but I would also argue that AC Unity is as well. Which is why I am saving it for next month. Arno wanting to avenge his father is the entire crux of the game, and why he does what he does.

Personal update: I completed Infamous Second Son - granting me the Platinum Grade for January plus "because of the event" Challenge (I'm not sure if this game is also eligible for Hardcore Challenge, since Delsin can be turned into a hero or a villain...).

Wow, I liked to play this game so much... (I wasn't expecting it...) I think I will use my "hype" to finally complete Infamous First Light - but since this game is, "unfortunatelly", eligible for February's theme (unless "Love Is All Around" turns the table... ?), I should take it easy... (well, technically I can get every trophy but 2~3, and get remaining trophies in February, so let's wait...)

I will not post a status update now just because my completion have been dropped down agressively (at a moment my completion dropped 0,5% !!) :blink: Damn Pinball Arcade... :shakefist:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

There's...

Batman TellTale did have elements, but not from Bruce Wayne/Batman himself. It was one of the antagonists. Revenge was a motivation, but they never actually succeeded.

12 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

@ExHaseo what about Resident Evil Revelations 2 or Batman: Arkham Knight? I think both would fit perfectly, especially Revelations 2. That's just two out of your profile. I was planning to start Horizon Zero Dawn next month, but I'm not sure myself if it's the best choice. Silent Hill 3 could be another candidate.

Thanks for the suggestions! I completely forgot about Arkham Knight having revenge elements, especially through the Catwoman Revenge DLC. I'll probably end up playing that for next month. That or Asura's Wrath. Either way, both will work great, thanks again!

• Like 3

@RizzleAbbey12 I'm still interested in participating just hard finding time for trophies as of late. 

I got the Platinum for Assassin's Creed Rogue in December but ran out of time trying to complete Assassin's Creed 3.

With not much time left in January I'm not hopeful but might be able to find a game in the backlog that applies for the theme.

If I need to make an Icon for the Rogue Platinum let me know thanks!

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 9:23 AM, Simple Rick said:

@RizzleAbbey12 been a while since I posted here but I actually got my first platinum of 2018 last weekend in a game that can count for January's theme, as well as the HC requirement: Accounting+.

I could say why it counts but the game is basically an hour of VR hijinks and anything I'd say on it would be spoiling things. I'll explain if you want me to but it's better to play for yourself.

1Sd7ed62.png

P.S. I'm thinking "VR" would be a cool theme for the event at some point. Any PSVR game would count but also for people who don't own PSVR: any game in which there is a virtual reality in-game, like The Talos Principle or Saints Row 3.

Hey Billy, I've updated your stats for you and included it for the hardcore requirement as well! :) 

I like that idea! I'm going to look into something like that and see what I come up with, so I'll let you know. By the way, amazing LEGO Batman set you've brought! :D That's definitely a great one to have in the collection!

On 13/01/2018 at 10:07 PM, MB_27_Beach said:

First Update:

GOT TT  ❗January Requirement ❗Hard Core ❗Part of another event

Current:

Plats: 3 > 4

100% Games: 5 > 5

Completion: 19.92% > 21.37%

Well done on finishing GOT and Hatoful Boyfriend! :D I've updated your stats for you! Your making some excellent progress and I'm glad to hear that your enjoying the event! :D 

On 13/01/2018 at 11:20 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 for this month.

I liked the first season of Minecraft Story Mode and thus was a bit exited to play the second season.

The story was again interesting with things not possible in Minecraft like in the first season.

This game qualifies for the "because of this event" challenge and maybe for the hardcore requirement. I'll put it in spoiler in case someone still wants to play the game. It's on you to decide.

Reveal hidden contents

Your goal is to defeat the Admin, which at the end could be good again. It's not totally clear but the game hints at that. It says that he has to do something to correct the evil things he did.

There's also a character called Stella who not really is a friend but joins the Admin during the story for power.

The plan for now is to play Sleeping Dogs or Guardian of the Galaxy.

As my 50th platinum is near and because I want to get GTA San Andreas as #50 I decided to take that game for next month. I guess Revenge will win and you take revenge for the death of your mother. Now the question: For the game to count I need at least two trophies left before the platinum, am I right? I'm playing it already and should know.

In reagards to Alienation: I haven't really tried to get the last tophy in the past week, so no need to still count it for last month when I finally get it. I don't really feel trying it at the moment.

Hey Markus! :) I've updated your stats for you and counted it for the hardcore requirement! You still more than welcome to have the Alienation plat for December whenever you get round to it, so don't worry about that one if you don't fancy playing it right now! :) 

On 14/01/2018 at 11:47 PM, ShogunCroCop said:

OK this might be a bit of a stretch...

Reveal hidden contents

but my character in The Evil Within has to make a choice on whether or not to kill another character

so that would fall under moral choice, yes?

If so, then story mode is complete. If not, then carry on.

Hey! I've counted it for this month so I've put you in a silver trophy for now and can be replaced when/if you decide to platinum it! Well done on your progress! :) 

• Like 2

On 15/01/2018 at 10:12 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

From the list that @RizzleAbbey12 put up I can see myself trying to do Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored,inFamous or Beyond: Two Souls.

Bioshock Infinite I just have to do 1999 mode, but it's a giant pile of annoyance as when you die you lose $100 everytime and if you can't pay it's Game Over.

Dishonored I need to Ghost through the levels, will have a try when I find the disc...

InFamous Hard Evil playthrough and then Stunt Master *shudders*.

Now where is my extra controller for Beyond...?

That sounds like a brilliant idea! :D I'm glad to have helped you pick a game to play and good luck with them!

On 16/01/2018 at 6:12 AM, Jesaya815 said:

I finished my second game for this month's theme, so I guess it's time for an update:

Dishonored (PS3) - January's requirement  /  Hardcore requirement  /  Game counts towards a different PSNP event

Current stats:

- Plats: 240 > 254

- 100% Games: 70 > 71

- Completion: 99,00% > 99,07%

I still gotta do The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches DLC, but I probably won't get the rest of the Dunwall City Trials trophies, because that DLC sucks :D . I love everything about Dishonored, except these Trials. They are just too luck based and would take forever to complete.

Congrats on finishing Dishonored! I've updated your stats for you! :) I don't blame you for no doing the Trials though as they are ridiculously hard to do! I left them because they frustrated me so much that I nearly threw my controller across the room haha!

17 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Personal update: I completed Infamous Second Son - granting me the Platinum Grade for January plus "because of the event" Challenge (I'm not sure if this game is also eligible for Hardcore Challenge, since Delsin can be turned into a hero or a villain...).

Wow, I liked to play this game so much... (I wasn't expecting it...) I think I will use my "hype" to finally complete Infamous First Light - but since this game is, "unfortunatelly", eligible for February's theme (unless "Love Is All Around" turns the table... 1f914.png), I should take it easy... (well, technically I can get every trophy but 2~3, and get remaining trophies in February, so let's wait...)

I will not post a status update now just because my completion have been dropped down agressively (at a moment my completion dropped 0,5% !!) :blink: Damn Pinball Arcade... :shakefist:

Well done on finishing your first game of this year! I've added in the picture and icon for you but have left the stats empty so I can fill them in when you give them me! :) 

14 hours ago, Lorajet said:

January Stats:

Batman TT  2714.png100%   2714.pngHard Core  Definitely some moral choices here.  Fluctuated between good Batman and evil Batman.

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 13

100% Non-Platinum completed: 11

Completion: 30.68%

Hey Lorajet! Well done on finishing Batman! I've updated your stats for you :D! By the way, that avatar is amazing! I'm going to be renting Atomic Blonde soon as it looks fantastic so I can't wait to watch it!

8 hours ago, fishy10101 said:

@RizzleAbbey12 I'm still interested in participating just hard finding time for trophies as of late. 

I got the Platinum for Assassin's Creed Rogue in December but ran out of time trying to complete Assassin's Creed 3.

With not much time left in January I'm not hopeful but might be able to find a game in the backlog that applies for the theme.

If I need to make an Icon for the Rogue Platinum let me know thanks!

Hey fishy! :) I'm sorry to hear that about your trophy hunting so I hope it gets better soon for you! Your always welcome to use a skip for one of the months where you don't have much time to finish a game, so don't worry! :) I've updated your stats for December but what I've had to do is just add it at the top of your 2018 stats as I don't have the 2017 layout anymore and it just takes up less space that way as well. 

On 16/01/2018 at 6:55 AM, Edunstar84 said:

There's...

Thank you for another fantastic list for the event! :D 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I'd really love to do RDR or GTA IV for February, but know what a HUGE time sink that is gonna be. 1f914.png

Rizzle, probably Uncharted Lost Legacy for the Revenge/Avenge goal......

13 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Could you start it now, along with playing another game?

You know, I could!   It is a thought.....thanks for the suggestion. ☺️

8 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Congrats on finishing Dishonored! I've updated your stats for you! :) I don't blame you for no doing the Trials though as they are ridiculously hard to do! I left them because they frustrated me so much that I nearly threw my controller across the room haha!

Thank you for updating it :) . Finally someone that feels my pain xD . I don't know what they were thinking, but I'm just glad that Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider didn't have these kinds of challenges.