[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

I just completed Life is Strange Before the Storm and it was fantastic. I loved the option to get someone to do what you wanted by bad mouthing them, as I thought that was a fun addition and works perfectly with this month's theme, as well as all the other decisions you make throughout it. I may complete The Walking Dead: A New Frontier this month as well but it depends on if I'm in the mood to play another Telltale style, or in this case an actual Telltale game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm looking for options for January.

If anyone has a gander on my list and sees an option, let me know.

A couple of provisos, I'm not going to be able to finish Catherine (too damn hard) and I'm looking for PS3 titles only (my backlog is over 500 PS3 games and I need for it to dwindle).

Cheers in advance.

inFamous, Beyond: Two Souls, maybe Fallout 3 (not sure), Dishonoured, Bioshock (I know the original does, but not sure about the others), and Far Cry 3.

Here's a small list if everyone still needs a game. Here.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2018 at 1:33 AM, BrutalLooter said:

I just platted Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. The game has moral choices and avenging was a part of the main story too, my trophies also count towards another event(Trophy Hunters League).

Thanks in advance :D

Well done on finishing your first game of the year! :D I've updated your stats for you along with your challenges! Did you enjoy Sherlock Holmes? When I played it, I found it to be very interesting but I also found that I kept missing evidence for trophies haha!

15 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

Does Root Letter count as a game towards this month's challenge? (I am going in blind)

Does it have any options that can result in a good outcome or a bad outcome? If so, then I'd count that for the theme this month :).

15 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm looking for options for January.

If anyone has a gander on my list and sees an option, let me know.

A couple of provisos, I'm not going to be able to finish Catherine (too damn hard) and I'm looking for PS3 titles only (my backlog is over 500 PS3 games and I need for it to dwindle).

Cheers in advance.

I had a look through your list and I'd say:

• Bioshock Infinite - Your nearly done with that anyway and the DLC could bag you a challenge star. 
  • I Am Alive - Wouldn't earn you a platinum but it would be of your backlog list and would count towards your 4 games a month challenge.
  • Fallout 3 - Obvious choice but could take you a while considering it takes a long time as well.
  • Dishonored - Another obvious choice and again could take a while to do.
  • Bioshock 2 - Your nearly done with that and it could bag you a couple of challenge points.
  • Sleeping Dogs - Would be a good one as Wei is always wrestling with himself about which side he should be on and I'd count it for the Hardcore challenge as well due to the ending.
  • Beyond: Two Souls - Another obvious one.
  • Saints Row: The Third - A good choice for this as I know that there are multiple moral choices in Saints Row games plus you could get a DLC challenge star if you've got the DLC.
  • inFamous - Pretty self-explanatory. 
  • Prototype - I think this has moral choices in but I'm not sure as I haven't played it yet.

So that's the list I've come up with after looking through all of your PS3 games on your profile! :D Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I just completed Life is Strange Before the Storm and it was fantastic. I loved the option to get someone to do what you wanted by bad mouthing them, as I thought that was a fun addition and works perfectly with this month's theme, as well as all the other decisions you make throughout it. I may complete The Walking Dead: A New Frontier this month as well but it depends on if I'm in the mood to play another Telltale style, or in this case an actual Telltale game.

Well done on finishing your first game of the new year! :D I've updated your stats for you! I'm glad to hear that you really enjoyed playing the game! 

1 hour ago, Yomako01 said:

Do different routes in a Visual Novel count as sufficient Moral choice?

I wouldn't say that they are 'Moral Choices' as they are just a part of the story but if they can only be determined by good / bad conversation options by your character, then I'll count it as long as you let me know what happens / the choices made. :) 

Sorry to bother you guys but I noticed that my ending stats for 2017 were marked wrong on the OP, I ended at 88 plats last year and 49.91% completion so the stats should look like this. 

Platinums: +70

100% Completed: -

Completion: +15.13%

Thanks in advance :)!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Sorry to bother you guys but I noticed that my ending stats for 2017 were marked wrong on the OP, I ended at 88 plats last year and 49.91% completion so the stats should look like this. 

Platinums: +70

100% Completed: -

Completion: +15.13%

Thanks in advance :)!

Thanks for telling me and I'm sorry about that. That's my adding up for you haha! :P 

3 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

I'm going in blind, but I can see the possibilities of a good and bad ending, so I think we're in the good there :D

That's brilliant! Have fun with it and I'll look forward to hearing about your game when you've finished! :D 

Hey @RizzleAbbey12, I just picked up the plat in Pyre and I'm not sure if it would count. You make choices throughout the game including who should get the chance to be saved at each key point. Ending wise depending on who you've saved you're more or less likely to get a good ending. You can also intentionally lose a match (had to for a trophy) if you feel sorry for someone and they can get their freedom instead of one of your team.

If it counts can I have the plat emblem from Pyre this month? 1S8b6eca.png

• Like 1

I didn't get a chance to get back here for December, but I did get a plat (two in fact) with snow, and neither was I Am Setsuna (which didn't happen until January). Those plats were Moon Hunters and Cast of the Seven Godsends. Neither fit the hardcore requirement, since there are non-snow regions.

• Like 1

Okay, update time...

Finished plats on 3 games, 2 of which don't apply to the theme this month except in extremely stretchy ways which I will bombastically expand on:

First, Dreamfall Chapters.  You play 3 different characters at different points in this alternate world encompassing fantasy story/adventure game.  You have the current world, Stark, which is science based and Arcadia which has science and magic.  This does apply for the morality theme this month as you have decisions to make throughout the game which affect both your lives and those of others.

Then, the two that don't really apply.  36 Fragments of Midnight, a serviceable little platformer that you can finish in a couple of hours.  No real moral decisions here, guide your square around 36 areas to pick up fragments and work your way back to the start.  My last trophy, however, involved dying while carrying 35 fragments so suicide of my little block was involved for completion of the platinum.  How you feel about that may affect your ability to respect me in the morning.

Lastly, MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death.  A generic dungeon crawler with a minimum of creepy fan service which is probably why it stays low profile.  The only moral decision involved is the extreme time-wasting required to reach the final trophies for kills/levelling of forms (outfits) to get the platinum.  I feel like I could have accomplished much more with my life rather than grinding out these last few trophies.  Fortunately I was sick in bed while finishing it off but with the internet now, I still feel there was much I could have done rather than this.  I can't recommend this to anyone really.  The game wasn't bad but the end grind necessary once you have completed everything worth doing in the game was so excessive and pointless that you really should just avoid this game.

That's it for now.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 2

So, for January, I have completed Batman: The Telltale Series. I don't know if any of the situations put Bats in the realm of chaotic evil, but having the choice between arresting someone and throwing him off a building, or smacking a baseball against a wall as a threat, or against someone's ribs as a message, seem to fit the bill.

As an aside, I thought the Telltale Batman was excellent, and I look forward to season 2, when it's discounted later.

I always forget stats, so here are my current ones:

502 games played 

322 completed games (+36 since 2018 start - that sounds impossible to me)

252 platinums (+2 since 2018 start)

80.24% completion percentage (+.34% since 2018 start)

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well done on finishing your first game of the year! :D I've updated your stats for you along with your challenges! Did you enjoy Sherlock Holmes? When I played it, I found it to be very interesting but I also found that I kept missing evidence for trophies haha!

Sorry for the late reply. I enjoyed it but it is not the best kind of game for trophies. You need a guide for trophies and this is a game you wouldn’t want to play with a guide. But the storyline was quite enjoyable:D

Edited by BrutalLooter
  • Like 1

On 08/01/2018 at 0:36 AM, Dessane said:

Hey @RizzleAbbey12, I just picked up the plat in Pyre and I'm not sure if it would count. You make choices throughout the game including who should get the chance to be saved at each key point. Ending wise depending on who you've saved you're more or less likely to get a good ending. You can also intentionally lose a match (had to for a trophy) if you feel sorry for someone and they can get their freedom instead of one of your team.

If it counts can I have the plat emblem from Pyre this month? 1S8b6eca.png

Hey Dessane, well done on finishing Pyre! :) I counted Pyre for you towards this month's them, so don't worry about that. :) I've updated your stats for you and changed the picture as well.

On 08/01/2018 at 0:47 PM, starcrunch061 said:

I didn't get a chance to get back here for December, but I did get a plat (two in fact) with snow, and neither was I Am Setsuna (which didn't happen until January). Those plats were Moon Hunters and Cast of the Seven Godsends. Neither fit the hardcore requirement, since there are non-snow regions.

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, for January, I have completed Batman: The Telltale Series. I don't know if any of the situations put Bats in the realm of chaotic evil, but having the choice between arresting someone and throwing him off a building, or smacking a baseball against a wall as a threat, or against someone's ribs as a message, seem to fit the bill.

As an aside, I thought the Telltale Batman was excellent, and I look forward to season 2, when it's discounted later.

I always forget stats, so here are my current ones:

502 games played 

322 completed games (+36 since 2018 start - that sounds impossible to me)

252 platinums (+2 since 2018 start)

80.24% completion percentage (+.34% since 2018 start)

Hey starcrunch, I've updated your stats for December and I've also updated your stats for January, so well done on finishing those games! :) I see what you mean about the 100% (green ticks) games as that does seems pretty impossible. So shall we say that now we have an accurate number, that we should just start from this number and try to keep up-to-date with it from now on haha :D

On 09/01/2018 at 9:41 PM, ExHaseo said:

Just finished the Batman Telltale game for this month, and for the PS+ backlog event.

Really great, and free with PS+. Anyone with PS+ should be sure to grab it while it's free. It's definitely worth a playthrough. 

Hey ExHaseo! Well done on finishing Batman for this month, I've updated your stats for you! :) 

On 10/01/2018 at 5:55 PM, MB_27_Beach said:

Accepting new players for 2018?  If so, please add me......

Current:

Plats: 3

100% Games: 5

Completion: 19.92% 

Hey MB! :D Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post so when you finish a game that finishes the theme for that particular month, either myself or @SyIaris will update your stats for you and that's where you can view your progress in the event. If you have any questions, then feel free to let me know! :) 

On 11/01/2018 at 4:53 PM, Kevvik said:

Okay, update time...

Finished plats on 3 games, 2 of which don't apply to the theme this month except in extremely stretchy ways which I will bombastically expand on:

First, Dreamfall Chapters.  You play 3 different characters at different points in this alternate world encompassing fantasy story/adventure game.  You have the current world, Stark, which is science based and Arcadia which has science and magic.  This does apply for the morality theme this month as you have decisions to make throughout the game which affect both your lives and those of others.

Then, the two that don't really apply.  36 Fragments of Midnight, a serviceable little platformer that you can finish in a couple of hours.  No real moral decisions here, guide your square around 36 areas to pick up fragments and work your way back to the start.  My last trophy, however, involved dying while carrying 35 fragments so suicide of my little block was involved for completion of the platinum.  How you feel about that may affect your ability to respect me in the morning.

Lastly, MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death.  A generic dungeon crawler with a minimum of creepy fan service which is probably why it stays low profile.  The only moral decision involved is the extreme time-wasting required to reach the final trophies for kills/levelling of forms (outfits) to get the platinum.  I feel like I could have accomplished much more with my life rather than grinding out these last few trophies.  Fortunately I was sick in bed while finishing it off but with the internet now, I still feel there was much I could have done rather than this.  I can't recommend this to anyone really.  The game wasn't bad but the end grind necessary once you have completed everything worth doing in the game was so excessive and pointless that you really should just avoid this game.

That's it for now.

Hey Kevvik! :) Blimey, someones been busy these past couple of weeks! :) I've updated your stats for you and I'd just like to say thank you for the little reviews you write about the games you play, I really enjoy reading them and I'm sure other people in the event do as well! :D 

2 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

Platinum'ed Root Letter, which does fulfil the theme of the month :)

Also, it fulfils:

• tFiJcto.png Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.

Hey Yomako! :) I've updated your stats for you and well done on finishing your January game! :D 

1 hour ago, BrutalLooter said:

Sorry for the late reply. I enjoyed it but it is not the best kind of game for trophies. You need a guide for trophies and this is a game you wouldn’t want to play with a guide. But the storyline was quite enjoyable:D

Haha no worries :P! Yeah, it does seem like it would be better on say a console that doesn't have trophies or achievements as they do kind of take you away from the story a little, and that shouldn't really happen. I found that I spent the whole game thinking, 'Oh I wonder if I got all the evidence for this trophy' and things like that. But, sorry for waffling haha :D, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

• Like 4

@RizzleAbbey12 been a while since I posted here but I actually got my first platinum of 2018 last weekend in a game that can count for January's theme, as well as the HC requirement: Accounting+.

I could say why it counts but the game is basically an hour of VR hijinks and anything I'd say on it would be spoiling things. I'll explain if you want me to but it's better to play for yourself.

1Sd7ed62.png

P.S. I'm thinking "VR" would be a cool theme for the event at some point. Any PSVR game would count but also for people who don't own PSVR: any game in which there is a virtual reality in-game, like The Talos Principle or Saints Row 3.

Edited by Simple Rick

I finished Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 for this month.

I liked the first season of Minecraft Story Mode and thus was a bit exited to play the second season.

The story was again interesting with things not possible in Minecraft like in the first season.

This game qualifies for the "because of this event" challenge and maybe for the hardcore requirement. I'll put it in spoiler in case someone still wants to play the game. It's on you to decide.

Your goal is to defeat the Admin, which at the end could be good again. It's not totally clear but the game hints at that. It says that he has to do something to correct the evil things he did.

There's also a character called Stella who not really is a friend but joins the Admin during the story for power.

The plan for now is to play Sleeping Dogs or Guardian of the Galaxy.

As my 50th platinum is near and because I want to get GTA San Andreas as #50 I decided to take that game for next month. I guess Revenge will win and you take revenge for the death of your mother. Now the question: For the game to count I need at least two trophies left before the platinum, am I right? I'm playing it already and should know.

In reagards to Alienation: I haven't really tried to get the last tophy in the past week, so no need to still count it for last month when I finally get it. I don't really feel trying it at the moment.

• Like 2

OK this might be a bit of a stretch...

but my character in The Evil Within has to make a choice on whether or not to kill another character

so that would fall under moral choice, yes?

If so, then story mode is complete. If not, then carry on.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

@RizzleAbbey12 bit off topic but since we discussed LEGO Batman here before and since you really liked it...

I bought a new LEGO set yesterday on a clearance sale, over a third off of the original price:

Set 70917.

Spoiler

70917_alt1.jpg

Edited by Simple Rick
Original price was even more than I thought it was so new price is over a third off, not over a fifth o.0