DISCUSS: Crash Bandicoot PS4 - Trophies

joshdaviees

13 minutes ago, I Am Error said:

It be nice if all 3 had separate lists but I really ain't concerned :)

Maybe they'll give us a trophy for doing the lives glitch on Crash 2 ;) 

As far as i understand it , the remaster is programmed from zero because it was not possible to use old code. So i doubt any glitch will stay. I could be wrong but i think i read that somewhere.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xionx said:

As far as i understand it , the remaster is programmed from zero because it was not possible to use old code. So i doubt any glitch will stay. I could be wrong but i think i read that somewhere.

From what I understand it's not really an exploit. You have a checkpoint, an extra life and a lot of fruit in one place. You collect the life, the fruit and kill yourself over and over again.

• Like 1

There's no way it won't have at least a Platinum trophy, but whether or not it'll be a unified list remains to be seen. I hope there's 3 separate lists, but I'm content with whatever way they do it. Anyway it shouldn't be too bad. I 100%'ed the first game recently (something I thought I'd never do) so I should manage considering they made it easier. 

• Like 1

Three separate lists would make it easier to eventually sell the games separately, though they could possibly go the way of Assassin's Creed Chronicles - one platinum list for the trilogy, three separate non-platinum lists for the separate games once they're available that way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Three separate lists would make it easier to eventually sell the games separately, though they could possibly go the way of Assassin's Creed Chronicles - one platinum list for the trilogy, three separate non-platinum lists for the separate games once they're available that way.

I hadn't thought of this, but this is the perfect way to handle the trilogy imo. And it'd be great to be able to stack them if the remasters end up being as amazing and faithful as the promotional material makes it appear.

I would love it if they had three separate trophy list as each game has enough content in each to make a full trophy list on each :D 

It would also be incredible if each games platinum trophy used the original box art as the platinum image as a cool tribute to the original trilogy :) 

Image result for crash bandicoot 1 boxart

Image result for crash bandicoot 2 box artImage result for crash bandicoot 3 box art

Obviously without the playstation logo on each .... although this is extreme wishful thinking and am happy that we are getting these games at all :D

• Like 1

Imagine the possibilities with the trophies of each game. I highly doubt that they will all share one trophy list. What I think will happen is what happened with the Sly Cooper and BTTF collection. That you can load up one file and you would be able to load up three games within this file. And when you load up one, the trophy list for that game will appear on your trophy list overview. If they want to sell the games separately at some point then a shared trophy list would not be the way to go. All three games will most likely have their own trophy list and hopefully with a platinum.

I hope there's no speedrun trophy. I mean, sure the relics, but no entire game speedrun trophies...  Once I get my hands on the games, the plats will pop pretty quickly I think. :P Might even start with CB2, just for a quick and easy warmup. :) 

I would be rather annoyed with only 1 plat...

Edited by MMDE

34 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I hope there's no speedrun trophy.

Am I the only one who doesn't have issues with Speedrun trophies? I have made plenty of Speedrun in games for trophies lately. :P

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

3 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Am I the only one who doesn't have issues with Speedrun trophies? I have made plenty of Speedrun in games for trophies lately. :P

It's just an unnecessary extra playthrough or two, just to do the game quick. It often pushes the game to it's limits, often bringing forth it's worst sides while offering very little exciting to the player. CB3 has relics, maybe they add them to CB1 and 2 too, I'd be fine with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

It's just an unnecessary extra playthrough or two, just to do the game quick. It often pushes the game to it's limits, often bringing forth it's worst sides while offering very little exciting to the player. CB3 has relics, maybe they add them to CB1 and 2 too, I'd be fine with that.

As far as i know they already confirmed they added relics to CB1 and CB2 .

Just now, Xionx said:

As far as i know they already confirmed they added relics to CB1 and CB2 .

Yeah, and then no extra full playthrough speedrun trophies should be added IMO, would just be totally unnecessary and annoying.

4 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

I love speedrun trophies, as long as they let you play however you want. They're usually the highlight of a platinum for me.

I just hate the speedruns that require collecting all the things along the way because that really disrupts the pace. But I just don't like collectables in general, really

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I love speedrun trophies, as long as they let you play however you want. They're usually the highlight of a platinum for me.

I just hate the speedruns that require collecting all the things along the way because that really disrupts the pace. But I just don't like collectables in general, really

I absolutly agree. I loved collectables years ago , but having to go for tons on collectables in every single game ruined it for me.  I still dont mind small collectables with chapter select or with good ingame list to see whats left. But i hate open world collectables where you have to spend hours with a guide just for last missing bronze trophy ^^

Speedruns depents on the game and the timelimit . Is timelimit extremly tight and unvorgiving it gets annoying sometimes (specialy when you lose time on random stuff or bad controls) .

Shadow of colossus (time attack) , or ico speedrun was amazing and fun.  

20 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

True, the Speedruns I've made lately, I collected the specific gears and items that I thought were useful for me then rush to the finish. 

But collectibles like Horizon: Zero Dawn are those rare ones that are made well. I've rarely seen collectibles that are fun to get and rewarding IN-GAME for doing it, you trade them for items and resources and such. When the collectibles are made JUST RIGHT and useful!

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

On 12.5.2017 at 1:03 PM, Razza said:

I would love it if they had three separate trophy list as each game has enough content in each to make a full trophy list on each :D 

It would also be incredible if each games platinum trophy used the original box art as the platinum image as a cool tribute to the original trilogy :) 

Image result for crash bandicoot 1 boxart

Image result for crash bandicoot 2 box artImage result for crash bandicoot 3 box art

Obviously without the playstation logo on each .... although this is extreme wishful thinking and am happy that we are getting these games at all :D

You are right, would be really awesome !

Warped is still the PS1 to be shown game in my "old console" cabinet :D

img_20170513_154756b9u6u.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuzzieWingman said:

Hidden Trophy: Bounce on Polar's head in the lobby and steal all his lives.

Expectation: Trophy pop

Reality: He pulls a go kart out of his back pocket and runs you over with it. Then trophy pops.

I totally expect the jumping on Polar's head to yield different result in the remake. :) 

• Like 1