PS Plus June IGC *Leaked*

GinjAJ

I guess I'm in the minority here, not only am I not a fan of DONTNOD's other title Remember Me, I'm not fond of the point and click genre (Calling it a "Telltale-style" game would be inaccurate, other devs did this genre well before them), and I think Life is Strange looks very uninteresting.

As for Killing Floor, don't really know enough of it to form an opinion, all I pretty much know is that it's an FPS, and I'm not too good at those.

If this is the list (and it looks legit, just leaked) then it's kinda meh.  Abzu was amazing last month and Tales from the Borderlands was my 1St Telltale game and has been surprisingly fun (and funny).  LiS looks alright but killing floor doesn't seem my style.  Alternatively I've liked most all the Vita games offered the last two months so I'm happy with those as well.

We'll still have to see what it officially is.  I'm still excited because I'm new to this whole PS plus thing.

How can people even say this beats Telltale games? Borderlands, Wolf Among us and the Walking Dead were so much better than that angsty, teenage hipster drama.. I got it thinking I was getting a Telltale-ish game but the story and acting were really cringy. If the rumor is true, at least Killing Floor looks like a pretty fun game to play. Not perfect but still acceptable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaM said:

oh look, Life Is Strange.. once again, I've been @DamagingRob'd - right @StrickenBiged? :P

If this list will be true, it looks like nothing for me except Spy Chameleon.

Spy Chameleon? I have it already, but where is that mentioned? I'd take Life is Strange on PS3. :P But I doubt they'll give both versions, and have 2 unique PS3 games.

Sony's been talking about "overhauling PS+ starting in June" from what I've heard. Hopefully this means they'll step up the titles they release for free each month. Killing Floor 2 looks awesome, but I already own Life is Strange. Hopefully this is true and this can be the start of a time period where nobody complains about the IGC each month as much. Personally, I think the service has been going downhill in the past few years in terms of the quality of games they've given out, although there has been some gems. I'm excited for June's full lineup.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Man, those that never played Life is Strange are in for one hell of a ride. Kinda jealous of those unassumingly starting it for the first time lol

you mean " hella" ride ? :P and wowser, that was one epic ubercool experience 

• Like 2

Life is Strange is a masterpiece that every game console owner should have played at least once. In the past 27 years that I've been playing video games, none overwhelmed me emotionally as much as this one did. Got it on PS4 first and months later the PS3 Version became my 100th Platinum.

Killing Floor 2, hm. It's been out for 7 months and already on Plus?! Well, on the one hand I'm open for any kind of game, on the other hand I'm not a big fan of Online Trophies and Multiplayer. Simply because of having no one to play with and making friends on the internet who you can count on is hard. I know, that's what the Game Sessions are for though.

If Spy Chameleon is true, I'm happy. Wanted to buy it a couple of times when it was on sale, but always bought other stuff instead.

• Like 1

LiS on PS3? Time to die all over again as my heart smashes into a million pieces!!! Can't wait to put myself through that emotional train-wreck again!

No but in all seriousness, I was looking for an excuse to play this again and thank goodness I've found one. I'll get to do all the choices I didn't pick and play the story in a different way with a different outcome. (And another easy plat lol)

Unless it's just for PS4 then... well... praying for good PS3 games!

Edited by ahoyimzoe

9 hours ago, ahoyimzoe said:

Unless it's just for PS4 then... well... praying for good PS3 games!

On 5/27/2017 at 2:31 PM, Stevieboy said:

As Stevieboy and rpg49ers pointed out, the PS3 games leaked were Abyss Odyssey and WRC 5. 

Edited by DamagingRob

On 27-5-2017 at 3:42 PM, Lady Blanc said:

I guess I'm in the minority here, not only am I not a fan of DONTNOD's other title Remember Me, I'm not fond of the point and click genre (Calling it a "Telltale-style" game would be inaccurate, other devs did this genre well before them), and I think Life is Strange looks very uninteresting.

As for Killing Floor, don't really know enough of it to form an opinion, all I pretty much know is that it's an FPS, and I'm not too good at those.

I never played Remember Me, it's still on my 'wish list' of games I should check out if I ever find myself without more appealing games to play. I'm one of the people who has actually played Life Is Strange and thought it was not nearly as good as people made it out to be. It's not a bad game, but it's not as amazing as people say it is, at least to me it isn't. I'm guessing that everyone who will really enjoy Life Is Strange already has it. Still, people who don't have it but enjoy the Telltale style of games should probably try it out if it goes on PS+, again it's not as good as people make it out to be but it's not bad by a long shot.

Telltale did kind of make a new brand of point and click games, the old-school ("Lucasarts") point and click games required more of the player (and were much more fun, in my opinion). Check out The Day Of The Tentacle, if you haven't yet. It was on PS+ either last January or February. Personally, it's my favourite point and click game ever and I gladly bought it at release, just like I did with Full Throttle last month - I feel like sponsoring the devs for recreating these old school point and click games, I don't mind that Full Throttle will be on PS+ a year or so from now.

As for Killing Floor, I'm not bad at FPS games but they're not usually my kind of thing, that goes double for multiplayer FPS games. I really enjoyed the last DOOM and Wolfenstein games but I don't know when the next FPS which I like will come around.

Guess I have more time to get through the remains of my backlog next month without having to add a bunch of new games... Though the PS3 games could be fun and the Vita games hopefully are cross-buy again.

Edited by BillyHorrible

16 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Guess I have more time to get through the remains of my backlog next month without having to add a bunch of new games... Though the PS3 games could be fun and the Vita games hopefully are cross-buy again.

They could also be shit. Let's assume they are to avoid disappointment. :P

Honestly this month is already a win with just Killing Floor 2. I'd be doing backflips through the streets if I didn't already play and beat Life is Strange twice. But, I'm highly considering another playthrough on my new TV. That's how good it is.

I'm currently in this phase where I'm having more fun not getting trophies in games than I was getting a fuck ton of easy trophies. Weird.

9 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

They could also be shit. Let's assume they are to avoid disappointment. :P

I'm okay with assuming they are shit. Can't please everyone and I've been getting titles I enjoyed in all those months that many people were complaining, so if games I don't want mean more people enjoy PS+ again then that's fine with me, I've got enough unplayed PS+ games I actually want to try already (44, according to my backlog thread I just updated after finally playing through rain). I've had PS+ for three years (since getting a PS4) but the past two or so years I've been mostly focused on getting through the backlog of games that I actively bought. That backlog is back to manageable levels now so I'm going to play more PS+ games again, instead of only the ones I absolutely must play right away.

Honestly this month is already a win with just Killing Floor 2. I'd be doing backflips through the streets if I didn't already play and beat Life is Strange twice. But, I'm highly considering another playthrough on my new TV. That's how good it is.

Disagree with you on both games but whatever, opinions being opinions and all.

I'm currently in this phase where I'm having more fun not getting trophies in games than I was getting a fuck ton of easy trophies. Weird.

Personally I'm mainly focusing on getting through the story in my backlog games; ignoring trophies until the story is done, then getting some of the easy trophies I missed and moving on to the next game. I'm also playing more on the Switch, without any trophies at all - actually bought Shovel Knight for it and I have more games for it on my wish list that could be played on PS4 with trophies (Snake Pass, Yooka-Laylee, Shakedown Hawaii...).